• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

A little something for zkylon's sake
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oxenfree -- MB-71F25BB4D173A8C9 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 54 entrants total.

t1477833948z1.png

I've stopped doing 24 hour raffles unless there's a big list/big titles in the raffle, but this is one of those rare one offs.
If you encounter issues redeeming the game please PM me.

Rhaknar is blocked from this giveaway :V

Tenrius

Inferno Climber is on sale at 35% off.

Personal GOTY. Huge game (currently 60 hours in and still long ways to go) with fantastic level design in a interconnected world with satisfying progression, quirky system that's a joy to discover, lots of secrets to find, fun but sort of old school simplistic combat, lots of character stats to level up etc etc.

Honestly, super impressive work done by a small team of supposedly 1-5 members, and if this is the kind of fresh take you get with a tiny team like that at Arc System Works, they should divide the entire company with 5.

Actually, for the first time in my history with Steam, this game has got me to hold off purchasing or starting new games until I feel like I'm done with this one. IMO, that says a lot.

Okay, this sold me on the game. Will check it out tonight.

Tenrius

Also finally got the Forgotten Realms bundle on GOG. Everything is exciting but there is like VERY LITTLE time to actually play the games. Buying alone has its own merits, though!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Neon Shadow -- MB-A64A9979906FBD5D - Taken by Purkake4

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey, anyone else having issues with Greenmangaming where the account section listing your games is completely blank? Shit is annoying. Cleared cookies and everything and list is blank.

rtcn63

I keep reading it as awlboy

wooden_handle_awl.jpg

And I've learned never to get invested in the hype. Wait until I see the sky clears and people star being a bit more down to earth with their impressions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why can't I preorder owlboy on steam? I have some cards money to spend.

Valve recommends against pre-orders for titles with little to no marketing as it believes pre-purchase periods are not as effective as release day purchasability combined with a launch week discount and D-Pad agreed.

how much is owlboy going to be?

$25, though pre-orders are 10% off on GOG and Humble so I assume there'll be a 10% launch week promotion on Steam.

Wok

I have just noticed Borderless Gaming is discounted for Halloween.

Outside of Steam, the software is free and open-source, but getting it added to the library is always nice.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I have just noticed Borderless Gaming is discounted for Halloween.

Outside of Steam, the software is free and open-source, but getting it added to the library is always nice.

I have it, it's a godsend

Backlogger

Sorry for the off topic remark, but I can't believe that Newegg electronic gift cards are not immediately sent once payment is verified.

I thought I was being smart by purchasing a gift card so that I could pay for my GTX 1070 with 2 different cards (one of which was a pre-paid VISA card, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this).

They are telling me it takes 1-2 business days to process a gift card order lol.

Tizoc

Well then I guess the store page and videos I've seen haven't really shown the game off too well lol.

Well I've avoided watching videos but what I gathered from impressions is that it mixes Platforming with Metroidvania which isn't saying much since Metroidvania games have platforming elements (depending on the game).
You'd be surprised how often I let blind hype get to me...and more often than not I'm satisfied :3

Valve recommends against pre-orders for titles with little to no marketing as it believes pre-purchase periods are not as effective as release day purchasability combined with a launch week discount and D-Pad agreed.

$25, though pre-orders are 10% off on GOG and Humble so I assume there'll be a 10% launch week promotion on Steam.

Interesting. I didn't know Valve advised against pre-orders for smaller titles. Well as long as we get the same 10% discount on Steam, I'm happy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got a groupees email about their current bundles and about Be Mine 28 it says:

"The 28th Edition of our Be Mine bundle features 6 indie gems including Blacks Odyssey, The Last Door Season 2 and Midsummer Night. Also includes Limited Edition $1 Prost! Coin. $1 minimum with support to Girls Not Brides."

but theres no Last Door Season 2 in that bundle, unless its the mystery game. Which is stupid since it would be the highest profile game to push the bundle

Ludens

Banned
I played Batman TT Episode 1, why TT didn't provide achievements for it? Also when I'll buy the full game, will my saves carry on and achievements unlock?

Phinor

Today I played through a 2016 shooter singleplayer campaign made with Source engine and it was fantastic, best shooter campaign of the year and with seriously great visuals on top of everything else. It also had great music, a bit like certain Half-life series. I thought of Half-life and Portal multiple times today playing this game.

It was not made by Valve and the game doesn't exist on Steam. It was sequel to another Source engine game and both games were released after Valve released their last game (ever?).

I wish Valve made singleplayer games again.

Tellaerin

Today I played through a 2016 shooter singleplayer campaign made with Source engine and it was fantastic, best shooter campaign of the year and with seriously great visuals on top of everything else. It also had great music, a bit like certain Half-life series. I thought of Half-life and Portal multiple times today playing this game.

It was not made by Valve and the game doesn't exist on Steam. It was sequel to another Source engine game and both games were released after Valve released their last game (ever?).

Why would you post something like this and not name the game? :p

Zeknurn

The Lab was released this year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment you find out you can use groupees coins to get bundles for free >_>

Jawmuncher

The source engine is looking rough in spots, even with all the work respawn has done on it.
Some texture's are ridiculously bad. Look at this shit. That's only one of many spots in the game that just look rough.

Regardless of that though the campaign itself was fine. It was better than the typical COD campaign. But still not anything that'll leave a lasting impression. In 5 years, no one is going to be talking about Titanfall 2 SP as some amazing campaign that everyone should play or something. I sound really negative, but I did enjoy my time with the SP. Though I wouldn't say it's worth $60. Which is the case for all COD style FPS campaigns really.

I know the draw should be the MP, but even with the changes from after the beta. I just don't like what they have done with the MP. Attrition is an after thought on the new maps. A lot of the maps are too big and lane focused. Plus the entire game has lost the frentic pace of TF1. I liked in TF1 how fast Titans dropped, and how quickly you would see titans dropping and just the chaos that ensued. In TF2 to me, it really does feel like a standard COD game with some Mech killstreaks. I could say the changes are similar to like Halo 2 to Halo 3. Both technically the same game in theory, but there's enough changes between the two to be bothered by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom