• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lumino City -- MB-F8216AA12AA19510 - Taken by Shalashaska

Jawmuncher

Certain aspects of the engine have always looked kinda rough, but given how good everything but that rockface looks, i'd say it's a small issue overall. Would you put it up with Doom or W:NO in terms of good campaigns or just above COD in terms of quality?

Not a fully realized game up to their previous standards

It's above COD. But doesn't come close to doom or Wolf.

Zeknurn

A collection of mini games and experiences for 150k player base hardly counts as anything significant. It's probably pretty great though for what it is and especially at that price point.

giphy.gif

Not a fully realized game up to their previous standards

This reminds me of the people that kept saying Dota 2 doesn't count because reasons.

The Lab is a game and it was released this year.

Tizoc

Jolly Rover's a rather funny and decent Pirate themed cartoony PnC game.
EE8614FC66B578F7C2AAFD97717FA0063A3CC51E

Although the 2nd island has some awkward story stuff about it.

Good voice acting though. It's no Monkey Island but it's fine for what it is.

Knurek

Jolly Rover's a rather funny and decent Pirate themed cartoony PnC game.
EE8614FC66B578F7C2AAFD97717FA0063A3CC51E

Although the 2nd island has some awkward story stuff about it.

Good voice acting though. It's no Monkey Island but it's fine for what it is.

Isn't that LucasArts font? Sure looks like the one used in Curse of Monkey Island 3.

dex3108

That feeling when you lose a round of Gwent by 1 and both your oponent and you spend all cards before final round and you get spell card and he gets 3 point attack card in final round XD

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't that LucasArts font? Sure looks like the one used in Curse of Monkey Island 3.

it 100% is lol

That feeling when you lose a round of Gwent by 1 and both your oponent and you spend all cards before final round and you get spell card and he gets 3 point attack card in final round XD
in witcha 3 or the other gwent game

cos in witcha 3 u can't ever run out of cards if you're like nilfgaard or monsters

or maybe it's like my dumb op deck lol

Nzyme32

A collection of mini games and experiences for 150k player base hardly counts as anything significant. It's probably pretty great though for what it is and especially at that price point.

This reminds me of the people that kept saying Dota 2 doesn't count because reasons.

Yeah, I'm not particularly keen on this argument. What should Valve have done? Made a "full" "real" game for VR, when the medium itself is still a completely unknown space in terms of development rules, appropriate genres, mechanics, length etc etc.

As for Valve making a new "real" game that isn't VR, I wouldn't be too sure when that happens. Currently seems like Source 2 isn't ready, and the SDK won't release till their "unannounced projects" come out next year (VR related). I would suspect a new non-VR game is not far behind or one and the same.

yuraya

The raid stuff in RE Revelations 2 is pretty cool. Seems to be well made with a lot of content. Kinda surprised Capcom just slapped something like it onto an story episodic game. Should have made it its own separate game. F2P that shit or something it would have done it more service.

Jawmuncher

The raid stuff in RE Revelations 2 is pretty cool. Seems to be well made with a lot of content. Kinda surprised Capcom just slapped something like it onto an story episodic game. Should have made it its own separate game. F2P that shit or something it would have done it more service.

At this point the next RE Action game I expect to be a Mercs and Raid game. Since as you said, would be real easy to make a base version and a bunch of DLC.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-11C8F9E078D57575 - Taken by His Majesty. 13 entrants total.

t1477780968z1.png

Phinor

Of course Dota 2 counts but it was released over 3 years ago. Titanfall 1 was released nearly a year later.

The Lab on the other hand is something else. You can call it a game (I call it mini game collection/experience) but it really isn't what most people would like to see from Valve 3+ years after their previous game. 2 hour experience for a very tiny userbase. Their great game engine doesn't really get much use outside of Titanfall series and their own games as service games (as well as few games here and there, mods). Titanfall 2 just shows how great an engine it can be even in 2016. Obviously Valve keeps updating the engine but I'd really like to see them use it for actual new games too.

madjoki

Some cheap games

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Airscape: The Fall of Gravity -- MB-FEEB3A9DBAB257B0 - Taken by ExoSoul
PARTICLE MACE -- MB-4457E60C0960ECB9 - Taken by illusionary
Saviors -- MB-CF62094E75B1DEEB - Taken by Diedac
Spaceport Hope -- MB-3201C5720768E300 - Taken by Nzyme32

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of NeoRaider, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-C28504788BD0F660 - Taken by Jadax. 6 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-91C548269DEB7813 - Taken by longlivegaming. 4 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-2B3B2ED13EEF50D4 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.

t1477776924z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
It counts, and it's probably be better than whatever mess HL3 will end up being in 2029

Jawmuncher

I regret buying Oxenfree in that Humble Store sale around a month ago. Didn't even get to play it yet.

It's bad to say, but I honestly stay away from most indie titles due to bundles.
Especially since I payed for a year of Humble Monthly. Just don't wanna risk a bunch of doubles.

Khilandros

yay! got my computer up and running again. took me a week to figure out what went wrong and it turned out to be my vid card that died. Now I have a 1060 (wasn't worth getting higher one on my computer) and time to see what deals I missed or can still get.

cyba89

It's bad to say, but I honestly stay away from most indie titles due to bundles.
Especially since I payed for a year of Humble Monthly. Just don't wanna risk a bunch of doubles.

I rarely regret purchasing an indie game when they appear in a bundle shortly afterwards.

I have no problems paying an appropriate price for a good game I enjoy and support the developers with my money.
The $4 for like 6 games in a bundle rarely feel appropriate for me so bundles are mainly for games I probably would have never touched otherwise.

dex3108

I finished Dreadful Crimes DLC for AC Syndicate and i must say that was one really nice DLC. But i think that it would be better if that DLC was part of the main game.

Semi-cross-post from the mostly dead thread on gaming side since this will get more traffic. Anyway I've been playing some Endless Legend again...

Endless Legend Tempest:

So I've been playing multiplayer with some friends now, never having done so before. It's a pretty solid experience from that perspective. Only thing maybe would be enabling turn timer limits, though we try and keep things brisk enough.

We played for like 10+ hours last night, lol.

There's sea fortresses on the map, even though it's Pangaea, but at this point the sea is so overrun by roaming armies that's it's nearly impossible to exploit them at all. I'm just playing as the WIld Walkers though , so it's not the biggest deal I guess? But there is some really lucrative looking stuff out there in the ocean.

The dynamic weather effects are really cool though and something other games in the genre should totally steal (if they haven't). Not just talking about the winter mechanic (though it could be an interesting mod to add the other two seasons with different effects.)

Anyway yeah, great to rediscover the game from a fresh angle. There's still a bunch of factions I haven't even played though. Easily a 100+ hour game if you're looking at trying everything.

The only negatives I can think of right now about Endless Legend are really the sort of lifeless combat and the repetition of the main quest for each faction each game; it would be nice if there was at least branching options, if not alternative variations entirely. If you can get past those (the combat probably isn't as bad as you might think, but it could be a lot better), the game is top-tier.

Would definitely recommend getting all the DLC too, as while the base game is feature-complete, the expansions just flesh out everything so much more and add increasing layers of complexity. Vanilla game is probably a little boring in comparison. But if you play multiplayer the game goes off of what the host has enabled for DLC, so only the host needs it to be able to share it with everyone else. It's not on sale anymore, but whenever the next Steam sale is up I wholeheartedly recommend grabbing the complete package (I believe it would be everything in the bundle + the latest Tempest DLC). You'll have a blast and it'll be a steal at the price if you're into strategy.

Sch1sm

could we please refrain from using racial slurs in this thread?

thanks

This isn't Steam related, and shouldn't be dealt with in thread. Either quote that to talk about the game/your views on it, or don't at all.
PM me if you have an issue with my wording nearly a full day after the fact; don't call me out like you're a superior red name. Or ignore me, because I've never seen you quote anyone for anything like this. Don't be childish.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-7B23DABADC367DD6 - Taken by Shalashaska

Alex_CWB

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alex_CWB, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-28AA57273C0CF77D - Taken by MaxiLive. 4 entrants total.

t1477789672z1.png
Hope i'm doing right. :p

abracadaver

I started playing Skyrim (old version not the SE) and I'm getting weird stutters in some places.

At first the game was all bugged with the horses and cars rotating and jumping like crazy. A quick look into the steam forums told me the game does not like high framerates so I limited it to 60.

But now the game stutters (while still showing 60fps) when I get near furnitures. It's perfectly smooth when outside or when I'm in the middle of a room but as soon as I get close to chairs or chests it starts to stutter. Is that a known issue? How to fix this?

GaussTek

Moar Broken Age love, guys:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Broken Age -- MB-82865B20430F488C - Taken by Purkake4

Jawmuncher

could we please refrain from using racial slurs in this thread?

thanks

This isn't Steam related, and shouldn't be dealt with in thread. Either quote that to talk about the game/your views on it, or don't at all.
PM me if you have an issue with my wording nearly a full day after the fact; don't call me out like you're a superior red name. Or ignore me, because I've never seen you quote anyone for anything like this. Don't be childish.

Let's just refrain from using that if it offends someone and go back to talking about steam games.

MadGear

Played the first Chapter of RE Revelations 2 Episode 1 which has been sitting in my library for a while now. I don't know what exactly it is about this game yet but to me movement and aiming felt a lot better in Revelations 1. I guess I would have preferred a fixed third person camera because the freely rotating one just doesn't make a lot of sense so far. The bigger issue to me however is the bizarre mouse movement in this game, which actually reminds me a lot of the weird implementation in Binary Domain (but to be fair, its not quite as bad).I guess I need to give this game another shot with a gamepad because my first impression so far isn't a good one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-5749ED1ED2FB27A6 - Taken by Coldsun. 6 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-07D43882DB395390 - Taken by TheLight. 8 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-74957C149565AD4C - Taken by jon bones. 2 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-D642D6C8BE6C840D - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Massive Chalice -- MB-D90CC0D644A70E25 - Taken by Large Professor. 7 entrants total.

t1477781348z1.png

words go here

Gamersyde took a look at Yomawari with the usual gameplay videos. Our impressions on Yomawari
I made a giveaway of Oxenfree a few pages back if you want in. The bundle is good but if you have any of the other games in the BTA, it's only a $0.50 difference to Steam price @o@
Oh, nice.
im getting it for oxen and DooT so tell me what you need from the rest
Thanks but I'm good. Don't need anything.

Uzzy

Bought a new book today, '20 Years of Tomb Raider.' Published by Prima Games, and writen by Meagan Marie.

As the twentieth anniversary of the release of the original Tomb Raider rolled around last Tuesday, there has been a wave of retrospectives from the gaming media about the franchise, with Eurogamer putting together an especially good article. But it's this hardcover that I was most excited about, and seeing just how big it was was really quite pleasing. It clocks in at 360 pages, and is surprisingly reasonably priced, costing just a bit less than the ROTR season pass, and you'll certainly get more out of this book than that.

There's a lot of stuff the book goes over, the creation of Tomb Raider, all the games, comics (remember when Lara teamed up with Witchblade?), films and her status as a pop-culture icon. Even the level editor gets a section. It's all really well put together, with quite a few interviews with various people, the developers, composers, writers, artists and fans. Sadly there isn't an interview with the creator of Lara, Toby Gard, but it looks like he doesn't like talking about Lara and Tomb Raider anymore.

Reading about the history of Core Design, the crazy levels of crunch they worked under to churn out Tomb Raider's yearly, the complete disaster that was Angel of Darkness and the franchise practically being stolen from them and shipped over to Crystal Dynamics, who revived and then rebooted Lara, it's all fascinating history to read about, and a hell of a story. If you're looking for a good artifact to display that might just give people a bit of that history, then I certainly recommend this book.

Played the first Chapter of RE Revelations 2 Episode 1 which has been sitting in my library for a while now. I don't know what exactly it is about this game yet but to me movement and aiming felt a lot better in Revelations 1. I guess I would have preferred a fixed third person camera because the freely rotating one just doesn't make a lot of sense so far. The bigger issue to me however is the bizarre mouse movement in this game, which actually reminds me a lot of the weird implementation in Binary Domain (but to be fair, its not quite as bad).I guess I need to give this game another shot with a gamepad because my first impression so far isn't a good one.

yeah it feels like the aiming is "on rails"

data

Stupid question but the halloween items for Rocket League are available for use forever if you obtain them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom