• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
pre-ordered Owlboy on Humble Store.

They're generally good with sending out keys in reasonable time, right?

The source engine is looking rough in spots, even with all the work respawn has done on it.
Some texture's are ridiculously bad. Look at this shit. That's only one of many spots in the game that just look rough.

Regardless of that though the campaign itself was fine. It was better than the typical COD campaign. But still not anything that'll leave a lasting impression. In 5 years, no one is going to be talking about Titanfall 2 SP as some amazing campaign that everyone should play or something. I sound really negative, but I did enjoy my time with the SP. Though I wouldn't say it's worth $60. Which is the case for all COD style FPS campaigns really.

I know the draw should be the MP, but even with the changes from after the beta. I just don't like what they have done with the MP. Attrition is an after thought on the new maps. A lot of the maps are too big and lane focused. Plus the entire game has lost the frentic pace of TF1. I liked in TF1 how fast Titans dropped, and how quickly you would see titans dropping and just the chaos that ensued. In TF2 to me, it really does feel like a standard COD game with some Mech killstreaks. I could say the changes are similar to like Halo 2 to Halo 3. Both technically the same game in theory, but there's enough changes between the two to be bothered by.

It's definitely got that Source engine grungyness to it that's kind of unmistakable.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A collection of mini games and experiences for 150k player base hardly counts as anything significant. It's probably pretty great though for what it is and especially at that price point.

Why are we talking about Nintendo in the Steam thread.

Vamphuntr

Here's a steam code for SPECS OPS THE LINE. Petty sure everyone has it so no email tags. Great game by the way. It's still 1$ in the Golden Joysticks award this year again.

7KT4D-BZW0C-HHWWF

cyba89

Assault Android Cactus is probably the beste twin stick shooter I played since Geometry Wars 2. Don't sleep on it if you bought the current humble bandle.

The Lab was released this year.

giphy.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Broken Age -- MB-E8B906E84D9533C2 - Taken by Vlad
Lumino City -- MB-18A68697FEC7D9C9 - Taken by trailmix16

MadGear

Finished Odallus with all of the secrets found. Very enjoyable game, although I wish the dash ability had been available from the start because it made the gameplay feel so much better to me. Without it the game was missing something when fighting certain enemies. I could never get used to the spears weird arc, so I barely used that weapon at all.

I also just bought Resident Evil HD, didn't notice until now that it received a discount after all.

Finished Odallus with all of the secrets found. Very enjoyable game, although I wish the dash ability had been available from the start because it made the gameplay feel so much better to me. Without it the game was missing something when fighting certain enemies. I could never get used to the spears weird arc, so I barely used that weapon at all.

I also just bought Resident Evil HD, didn't notice until now that it received a discount after all.

REHD is one of my favorite games of all time.

Anybody got a recommendation for a keyboard that is ergonomic and not crap to play on? Want to upgrade from the Logitech k120 tbh.

bjaelke

4.20$ now, can it get lower than that?

Probably not.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-211109CC3DA65928 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-C765B6A6B4BC19D2 - Taken by fernandes. 15 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-290A45E50CEB99D2 - Taken by KainXVIII. 5 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-41236DD2FFDD7A7C - Taken by Jadax. 9 entrants total.

t1477775671z1.png

Tizoc

Hey Oxium. You are there? Yeah, me and you... we both bought oxenfree... but I have not played it yet and bam...

Well then now Rhaknar has no excuse not to get it :V
BTW someone hook me up with a Massive Chalice key if they don't need it please :X

its like I know what im talking about or something. Also, DotT woot

Nah you just got lucky :V

Hey Oxium. You are there? Yeah, me and you... we both bought oxenfree... but I have not played it yet and bam...

Wow, good bundle. Not gonna get it though. Only interested in Oxenfree.

Rhaknar redeemed. With age, wisdom does indeed come.
You old fart :)

Tizoc

Thanks dex!

I made a giveaway of Oxenfree a few pages back if you want in. The bundle is good but if you have any of the other games in the BTA, it's only a $0.50 difference to Steam price @o@

zkylon

zkylewd
The source engine is looking rough in spots, even with all the work respawn has done on it.
Some texture's are ridiculously bad. Look at this shit. That's only one of many spots in the game that just look rough.
i doubt much of the og source engine is still there, they've most assuredly replaced the whole renderer and a bunch of other things for sure, i bet it's not even like an asset loading thing cos they probably rewrote that too

maybe it's some really low level limitation or something but i don't think i'd blame the source engine for bad textures :p

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hannes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-C925FA27E58DB496 - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-44424C7717EB0A40 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 16 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-D022361D2EF1DF11 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Massive Chalice -- MB-0406DCD0EA3C92EE - Taken by dave is ok. 17 entrants total.

t1477776693z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

im getting it for oxen and DooT so tell me what you need from the rest

NeoRaider

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Broken Age -- MB-C28504788BD0F660 - Taken by Jadax. 6 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-91C548269DEB7813 - Taken by longlivegaming. 4 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-2B3B2ED13EEF50D4 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.

t1477776924z1.png

Ascheroth

Two good bundles in a row where I didn't have a single game. If this is what happens evrey time Humble takes some weeks of they can do that more often!
Not really interested in anything besides Oxenfree and Titan Souls, but I guess I'll try and see if I like the others. Had no idea about any games in the last bundle and ended enjoying all the ones I've played so far a ton.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Broken Age -- MB-42FCC9E525A4786D - Taken by Benedict

gabbo

Regardless of that though the campaign itself was fine. It was better than the typical COD campaign. But still not anything that'll leave a lasting impression. In 5 years, no one is going to be talking about Titanfall 2 SP as some amazing campaign that everyone should play or something. I sound really negative, but I did enjoy my time with the SP. Though I wouldn't say it's worth $60. Which is the case for all COD style FPS campaigns really.

I know the draw should be the MP, but even with the changes from after the beta. I just don't like what they have done with the MP. Attrition is an after thought on the new maps. A lot of the maps are too big and lane focused. Plus the entire game has lost the frentic pace of TF1. I liked in TF1 how fast Titans dropped, and how quickly you would see titans dropping and just the chaos that ensued. In TF2 to me, it really does feel like a standard COD game with some Mech killstreaks. I could say the changes are similar to like Halo 2 to Halo 3. Both technically the same game in theory, but there's enough changes between the two to be bothered by.

Certain aspects of the engine have always looked kinda rough, but given how good everything but that rockface looks, i'd say it's a small issue overall. Would you put it up with Doom or W:NO in terms of good campaigns or just above COD in terms of quality?

The Lab was released this year.

Not a fully realized game up to their previous standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom