• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I want to play Bloodlines again (and actually make it through the final area this time), but then I remember the dungeons and decide that, naw, I'm good. Then I remember Malkavians exist and feel the urge again.

Such a conundrum.

Tizoc

Sometimes I want to play Bloodlines again (and actually make it through the final area this time), but then I remember the dungeons and decide that, naw, I'm good. Then I remember Malkavians exist and feel the urge again.

Such a conundrum.
Here is a better option if hadnt considered it
Get xanadu next this coming week and play that instead
Its loz+diablo+falcom gaming goodness

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Such a conundrum.

There is absolutely no shame in no-clipping on through that sewer dungeon near the end, especially if you've already done it once. Even the dev's say that dungeon was a subpar rush job. I think it's as simple as opening the dev console and typing in noclip too. Just, y'know, don't go mad with power.

Here is a better option if hadnt considered it
Get xanadu next this coming week and play that instead
Its loz+diablo+falcom gaming goodness
bump.gif

There is absolutely no shame in no-clipping on through that sewer dungeon near the end, especially if you've already done it once. Even the dev's say that dungeon was a subpar rush job. I think it's as simple as opening the dev console and typing in noclip too. Just, y'know, don't go mad with power.

I actually feel a lot of it is a rush job (gameplay-wise) but the writing, world, and sheer ambition of it makes me give it a lot of slack. Kind of like KotOR2, in that regard.

Next time I play it I'll definitely do that.

Tizoc

Guys, Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z worth a shot? The visual style looks great and the gameplay can't be that bad. Decisions, decisions...
Oh its n sale? It is a decent musou-lite game but hard mode and higher are brutal unless u utlilze counters etc

bump.gif

I actually feel a lot of it is a rush job (gameplay-wise) but the writing, world, and sheer ambition of it makes me give it a lot of slack. Kind of like KotOR2, in that regard.

Next time I play it I'll definitely do that.
Wait you said bloodlines i thought u wrote bloodborne xp

Well play both in this case! I plan on playing thru xanadu next and owlboy back to back :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For the record, that Nosferatu game that's been bundled a billion times (Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi) is actually surprisingly good. It has a mixture of surprisingly effective atmosphere, slight procedural generation (the layout isn't procedural, but what doors are locked/opened at the start, where keys are, where enemies are, etc., is), and a number of hilarious bugs (the amusing kind, though). It's actually not half bad.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
For the record, that Nosferatu game that's been bundled a billion times (Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi) is actually surprisingly good. It has a mixture of surprisingly effective atmosphere, slight procedural generation (the layout isn't procedural, but what doors are locked/opened at the start, where keys are, where enemies are, etc., is), and a number of hilarious bugs (the amusing kind, though). It's actually not half bad.

It's only ~350mb download too. Looks neat enough to give a few spooky minutes.

Wait you said bloodlines i thought u wrote bloodborne xp

Well play both in this case! I plan on playing thru xanadu next and owlboy back to back :p

I can't give a timeframe for how quickly it will happen, but it will happen.

Owlboy gets priority because it's Owlboy, though.

I have the most stylish character in all GTAO

I have the most stylish character in all of Dragonball Xenoverse 2:
So I think we're tied.
how do ppl clean up the gross dirt stuff that builds up below ur mouse

Just claw it off. Or ignore it entirely; it will eventually smooth out into the perfect mousepad (so long as you never touch it with your hands).

...it was a lot worse when mice had physical track balls that also required clawing.

With Oxenfree purchase last night i am now at 399 games on Steam. I guess this means next one i buy needs to be big one XD

I managed to arrange it so Westerado was my
3900th
. I kinda wish enhanced steam numbered all the games so I could go back and work out what was what for each milestone.

Probably took the programmer less than an hour to make.

Just a guessing game, for each level of the tower one of the three red blocks is clickable and you work your way up the tower by making correct guesses. Get one wrong and you have to start again.

Costs $5 and the download size is more than 600mb with 99% made up of every .net distro. Proper curation would have kept this crap off steam.

dex3108

Cheapest solution for my 400th game would be Deus Ex MD Russian key for 15$ (I can activate CIS region keys on my account, tnx Square I guess XD).

Hektor

how do ppl clean up the gross dirt stuff that builds up below ur mouse

Flat headed screwdriver.

Bought a new book today, '20 Years of Tomb Raider.' Published by Prima Games, and writen by Meagan Marie.

Wow, this looks really interesting. Are there more books like this?

Never thought that, of all Final Fantasy games, FFX would hook me up in the franchise. I had a hard time getting used to the weird ass animations and the out of sync mouths (that I found out that were already an issue in the original version, thought it was a problem with the HD version), but a few hours into it I got really into the story and the relationship between the characters, and already clocked 24 into the game. Also, as straightforward as the combat system is, the sphere grid is pretty awesome and the boss fights are a very nice change of pace, actually requiring for you to think what to do. This game even got me interested in FFXV, which I thought to be an impossible feat, so yeah I'm liking it quite a lot lol.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck blitzball

I'm glad you enjoy it, but i'm curios why this of all things gets you interested into FFXV. They're pretty much stellar opposites in regards to the gameplay.

Megauap

Talking about Vampire, has anyone played Bloodlust Shadowhunter?
It's supposed to be a very similar game but have not tried it yet.

Uzzy

Wow, this looks really interesting. Are there more books like this?

Dark Horse and Udon often bring out art books for big new titles, and they usually look really good. Actual retrospectives like the 20 Years of Tomb Raider book are a bit less common, but plenty of those art books often go into great detail about the games development and what have you. Udon's 'Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archives' is probably the best one out there for that mix.

Hektor

Dark Horse and Udon often bring out art books for big new titles, and they usually look really good. Actual retrospectives like the 20 Years of Tomb Raider book are a bit less common, but plenty of those art books often go into great detail about the games development and what have you. Udon's 'Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archives' is probably the best one out there for that mix.

Dark Horse's The Art of _____ books are great. It's a pity Valve quietly backed out of The Art of Portal 2.

Thanks. You're making me poor you both.
Only books like this i've been posessing so far were the Soulsborne ones, Grimoire Nier*, Drakengard 3's* and Catherine's*.

*All japanese unfortunately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase sorry to bother unwith this but how can i check if a game on steam can be run without the client?

In addition to PC Gaming Wiki's list, there's also this thread on GOG and this list on SteamWiki. If you need to check a game for yourself, you can of course just kill the client and try to run the game directly from its installation folder. One of three things will happen:

- The game will invoke the Steam client
- The game will begin to load but then crash or otherwise bug out because Steam isn't present
- The game will load just fine

Ascheroth

Hm, been playing Titan Souls from the bundle, and it's... alright (defeated 6 so far). Expected a little more tbh.
It looks and sounds beautiful, but I think the actual fights are too gimmicky and often frustrating.
Also... it's nice that you respawn near the boss, but still.. 10-15 seconds walkway from respawn point to boss in a game where you die fast and really often is still 10-15 seconds too much.

Also... it's nice that you respawn near the boss, but still.. 10-15 seconds walkway from respawn point to boss in a game where you die fast and really often is still 10-15 seconds too much.

That ruined the game more me, especially since you will die a lot and very fast against most bosses. You're spending a lot more time walking to the bosses than fighting them, it makes no sense (in a boss rush game without anything else to do in the overworld). I wish the developer would have cared more about his game post-release. It seems like an easy fix, at least give the players the option to respawn nearer to the bosses.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Lost in Woods 2 -- MB-A1D0BDDF027699A3 - Taken by Large Professor
Red Lake -- MB-3559E0A7B1408F34 - Taken by voodooray
Sixtieth Kilometer -- MB-3F272199F3FD187C - Taken by Jawmuncher
Trouble in the Manor -- MB-E7C2C4B5E0117079 - Taken by Natty1
Just Bones -- MB-E414541BA8D2DEF3 - Taken by madjoki
Cubium Dreams -- MB-4014B31EBC706972 - Taken by dimmer
Lucius Demake -- MB-CD552ADE5A7F7DC3 - Taken by Eila
Sleep Valley -- MB-A75358A9ED079D07 - Taken by bloke
Trouble in the Manor #2 -- MB-ECB70AECF9F1C34B - Taken by Vuze
The Shadowland -- MB-5E5F8E9256AA3366 - Taken by Wok
Pineview Drive -- MB-C0B7D2CD75E92ACD - Taken by Purkake4
Lucius Demake #2 -- MB-9090920616B644E1 - Taken by William Bonney
Joe's Diner -- MB-13500917474BC315 - Taken by ThirtyFour

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Flips360:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-47971213FA5DC893 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.

t1477830073z1.png

Servizio

I never understood how that aspect of Titan Souls made it all the way to release and endured ever after. Some sort of irrational stubbornness on the part of the developer? Their one and only coder quit or died after prototyping the engine? A terminal case of self sabotage?

It'd otherwise be a really neat little game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom