• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

why, oh why, would you feel sorry for him? feel sorry for his partner, sure, but him?

Because the antisocial behavior he's displaying is a sign of a greater problems. Social, psychological, whatever. No one wants to walk around with that kind of baggage, and it's sad to see those mired in it and untreated.

Kifimbo

Indie Zelda clone, for someone who doesn't have it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ittle Dew -- MB-73690A8DD3E981AF - Taken by salazar547

Yup. It was - It's the same guy that refused to give Steamcodes to people that'd bought his game through both Groupees and... Uh, I forgot the other bundle. First he stated that he'd never agreed to giving Steamkeys for it once it was released, then he stated that he'd given keys to the distributors of the bundles, and then, only then, did he relent and actually give out said Steam keys, after playing the victim for a long time, he ofcourse pretended that he was a good guy, a knight on a white stallion, giving free Steam keys to the less fortunate, you know, the ones that bought his game with the promise of Steam keys.. :p
He's a narcissistic arsehole with an unending supply of lying and angry twitter tirades.

He's also the indie dev that was recently talked a bit about for assaulting his ex. I believe he put her in the hospital, if I remember correctly.

- - All in all, he's kind of an asshole.

See the above, heh. But yeah, he's often gone out of his way to be an asshole to customers that had problems, bugs or complaints about some of his shady dealings and feature-cutting and all that jazz. :p

Eww, the guy looks like to have some anger management issues, he should seek professional help.

PHG2de9.gif

Cats seem to have pretty good balance.

Eww, the guy looks like to have some anger management issues, he should seek professional help.

Ah, I was wondering what the tweets on the previous pages were about. Seems pretty bad. :/

Posting for new page.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-A676EFD77A7BB05A - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles: Undeadz -- MB-45E34A0D3AA8E3BF - Taken by rainking187. 7 entrants total.
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-AC61A5B1EFB6157B - Taken by alr1ght. 9 entrants total.
Zombie Solitaire -- MB-695830860B9DCCEE - Taken by Shadownet. 6 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-F9B2215FD485B846 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
CHIP -- MB-2A152D4EDF3C34DF - Taken by Kifimbo
Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness -- MB-423F5EF2623C67D0 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Dracula Trilogy -- MB-A8AE5E45AB9CCA16 - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 Special Steam Edition -- MB-E27D7B42830F819F - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
Splatter Blood Red Edition -- MB-2227E13957236BEC - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-E27ABC6202F3147F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-5EF9337FA184379A - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition #2 -- MB-3C1A24C985C977C7 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
Larva Mortus -- MB-7D9F34FFA1C7A8CD - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.

t1413863670z1.png

Axass

I can't fathom how a guy, who says this game was his life's work, ends up screwing everything up so badly minutes after it's finally on sale. Like, control yourself if it's that important to you, did he seriously think he could go making death threats and get away without repercussions? This whole thing is so:

wait-what.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Didn't you stream Alien at first? If so, did you finish it off?

no, I started playing TEW and it grabbed me more, and was still enjoying Styx more than expected too, so I focused on those 2. Lack of checkpoints in Alien was doing me in, more so after playing TEW (which proves you CAN have a horror game with checkpoints and its still tense)

Im pretty sure 2 games beaten out of however many you have downloaded isn't good math.
I want to see 7 games beaten this week.

youre not the boss of me! also thats not going to happen, you will see 1 more game finished this week, and that is Styx >_>

Jawmuncher

no, I started playing TEW and it grabbed me more, and was still enjoying Styx more than expected too, so I focused on those 2. Lack of checkpoints in Alien was doing me in, more so after playing TEW (which proves you CAN have a horror game with checkpoints and its still tense)

youre not the boss of me! also thats not going to happen, you will see 1 more game finished this week, and that is Styx >_>

I actually can't talk since I have 56 games downloaded on my HDD that I probably for sure won't beat by tthe end of the year.

Grief.exe

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

We are very excited to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

• Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage.)
  • In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.
  • Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.
  • Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
  • The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Join the Bandai Namco Games America Community!

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/100546461401/we-are-very-excited-to-announce-that-next-month-it

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It's crazy how you can screw your carrer so easily over so little, some good sense would had went a long way.

He clearly has anger issues. Just a little bit of forethought would have stayed his hand, yet he went on a twitter tirade instead of talking to Valve to get his situation addressed. People make mistakes, including Valve, but today Mike made the bigger mistake by a mile.

You just don't go around threatening to kill people, not face to face, nor over twitter. He just wasn't thinking.

zkylon

zkylewd
had my friend check out the burnt smell on my computer

says my coolers are making a weird sound, that i should clean up my power supply and its coolers

sometimes i wish pcs were like consoles and you could just replace them for a few hundred bucks

dani_dc

He clearly has anger issues. Just a little bit of forethought would have stayed his hand, yet he went on a twitter tirade instead of talking to Valve to get his situation addressed. People make mistakes, including Valve, but today Mike made the bigger mistake by a mile.

You just don't go around threatening to kill people, not face to face, nor over twitter. He just wasn't thinking.
Absolutely, it's why its important to set up this type of PR rules before the release of a game.

I hope he has a period of self reflection that allows him to seek help and then pick back up afterwards.

Jawmuncher

says my coolers are making a weird sound, that i should clean up my power supply and its coolers

sometimes i wish pcs were like consoles and you could just replace them for a few hundred bucks

My sister is currently having PC trouble as well and i'm wishing the same thing.
Especially since it's hard to fix something when you're hundreds of miles away.

Grief.exe

Most components have a 3-5 year warranty, so there is a good chance you can send it in and get a free replacement.

No more GFWL, fine news!

Buy pre-built :p

no more GFWL for dark souls is good news , now i would like that they removed GFWL from bulletstorm and gears of war

that will probably never happen :(

def sim

Is there any way to get a Gaf username change? I'm just now realizing that nobody else has a number at the end of their username. And the only reason I do is because I tried to make an account before with just MattyG, something screwed up with the email confirmation, so I made a new account and just threw 344 on the end there. It's probably a stupid reason, but that damn number bugs me so much!

I always ask Nirolak. He has been very speedy with the requests.

dani_dc

To celebrate the news, here's a copy of Dark Souls.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-7DCE24B61B2AEC3E - Taken by xeris. 36 entrants total.

t1413941730z1.png

Does anybody know if the Steam client uses a cache? Like if it keeps forgetting you're using the same computer? I know clearing the cache on a regular web browser helps, but what of the client?

Jshackles, you might have some insight into this, but if anybody else knows, please feel free to jump in.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait, so how much are my Paranautical Activity keys worth now? $50-$100 yet?

Since it was bundled at one point, there's going to be a hell of a lot of keys out in the wild. The only precedent here I think is Cryostatis which had the good fortune of actually being a decent game. It's gonna take a couple of years I imagine...

Does anybody know if the Steam client uses a cache? Like if it keeps forgetting you're using the same computer? I know clearing the cache on a regular web browser helps, but what of the client?

Jshackles, you might have some insight into this, but if anybody else knows, please feel free to jump in.

What you're looking for is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\appcache\httpcache (by default). Clearing all of the subfolders and files from this folder is functionally equivalent to clearing your browser's cache.

BasilZero

Wait....there's a non-steam PC version of Dark Souls Prepare to Die or what o_O - I bought mine off of Amazon last year (Redeemed on Steam though).....so does that mean I will lose my game if I dont redeem this random magical token from a place I never knew existed?

louiedog

Since it was bundled at one point, there's going to be a hell of a lot of keys out in the wild. The only precedent here I think is Cryostatis which had the good fortune of actually being a decent game. It's gonna take a couple of years I imagine...

So you're saying I should only ask $40?

Since the game just hit Steam today I'm guessing Humble and any other stores probably are fully stocked with thousands as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom