• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck did I missed? Why does some guy want to kill our lord and savior Gaben?

He's mad over his game being incorrectly titled/identified on the front page for an hour. That, and he apparently doesn't know how to give a halfway-honest apology when called on it.

He committed career suicide. I have no sympathy for him.

What the heck did I missed? Why does some guy want to kill our lord and savior Gaben?

Because
1364194353344.gif

wouldn't you still get a steam key if you were to buy the game from a 3rd party website, like indiegamestand?

well, i figured why not, and bought it. the website gives you a steam key if you request it. I assume that means its still valid?

yes I ended up giving money to this dickbag, but I guess it's more a PSA for those of you who want to fill out your game collection with games you might (well in his case, will) never get to buy on steam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Deadlight failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1413862950z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
The big problem is that they require VPN activation, but looks like Valve doesn't care about it as much as I thought they did.

JaseC activated quite a number of region locked keys with VPN (games where Russian/Asian version is a separate app) and never had any issues. I did the same in a smaller scale and never had any issues either, and there doesn't seem to be any actual records of Valve banning for VPN activation of cd-keys.

Shadownet

Banned
He's mad over his game being incorrectly titled/identified on the front page for an hour. That, and he apparently doesn't know how to give a halfway-honest apology when called on it.
He committed career suicide. I have no sympathy for him.
What... over something so trivial? Well yeah it's hard to have sympathy for a guy like that. He better hope he's good at something else... burger flipping maybe.

You missed my entry for your contest. :D
Oh yes my apology, I just saw it. and Nope you're wrong :p But I'll change the rule a bit. Give me a minute or two.

FloatOn

might be old news to some of you but I noticed Chasm and Titan Souls has a store page now.

Titan Souls has an unfortunate name but it looks like a top down Souls game. Maybe the dev did the corny name as an homage?

Chasm seems like a worthwhile Symphony of the Night thing but randomly generated.

I love that gaming seems to have a niche for every type of player. While I'm jelly I can't play all the high end games at max there will be plenty in the indie scene to keep me busy until I can.

also that backlog

yeah, I ended up buying it and it DID give me a steam key, although I wonder if something this messed up meant that steam just totally removed everything lol

There have been worse situations. Besides, anyone who gets a key should be able to activate it without a problem - it will still run for anyone who had a copy. There's only been one incident I know of where keys were revoked, and that was for a beta version (IIRC).

Ozium

What... over something so trivial? Well yeah it's hard to have sympathy for a guy like that. He better hope he's good at something else... burger flipping maybe.

Oh yes my apology, I just saw it. and Nope you're wrong :p But I'll change the rule a bit. Give me a minute or two.

tales of symphonia

yeah that's the other one

tbh i think like i wrote the wrong thing, i don't really mind buying computers, it's the maintenance part that i just find exhausting.
I don't know about you, but if I buy all my parts from the same store, I could just carry my PC there and tell them to fix it (if warranty is still valid), do you have those chain computer parts store there?

Shadownet

Banned
Alright time for some fun. First person who can correctly guess my favorite JRPG game of all time and post a picture of the cover art get a copy of Sniper Elite 3. You can either post it on here OR PM me with your answer. (preferably if you PM me so we don't overcrowd the thread)

I believe I have told you guys what it was quite a few times already.

Requirements:
1. One entry per post. You can guess as many time as you like, but you have to wait till I tell you it's wrong or right. Can't spam like 30 guesses in a row.
2. Gotta be a SteamGAF members I recognize. No lurkers. I know who's who.
3. Don't enter unless you absolutely want the game.

*hint* It was on a Nintendo AND Playstation system.

Edit: Nevermind Ozium guessed it correctly. Lol

There have been worse situations. Besides, anyone who gets a key should be able to activate it without a problem - it will still run for anyone who had a copy. There's only been one incident I know of where keys were revoked, and that was for a beta version (IIRC).

alright, thanks for letting me know!

so I guess for those of you who still want a steam key for this game, indiegamestand has steam keys for paranautical activity and it's 10% off.

of course, you're giving money to an asshat, but if you reeeeaaaalllyyy want to round out your steam collection, here's one way to get it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

White Noise Online -- MB-A676EFD77A7BB05A - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Puzzles: Undeadz -- MB-45E34A0D3AA8E3BF - Taken by rainking187. 7 entrants total.
Blackbay Asylum -- MB-AC61A5B1EFB6157B - Taken by alr1ght. 9 entrants total.
Zombie Solitaire -- MB-695830860B9DCCEE - Taken by Shadownet. 6 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-F9B2215FD485B846 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
CHIP -- MB-2A152D4EDF3C34DF - Taken by Kifimbo
Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness -- MB-423F5EF2623C67D0 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Dracula Trilogy -- MB-A8AE5E45AB9CCA16 - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
Dracula 4 and 5 Special Steam Edition -- MB-E27D7B42830F819F - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
Splatter Blood Red Edition -- MB-2227E13957236BEC - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-E27ABC6202F3147F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-5EF9337FA184379A - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition #2 -- MB-3C1A24C985C977C7 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
Larva Mortus -- MB-7D9F34FFA1C7A8CD - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.

t1413863670z1.png

how come there are curator recommendations on games like dying light that haven't released yet

Journalistics/bloggers/youtubers plugging their coverage from their test copies, I would guess.

Their curations are always wonderful. You know the sort... stuff like, "We looked at this game. It was quite something. <link>"*

* - not actually, but almost a quote.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Deadlight failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1413863790z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-BB8C6837B2D34DE9 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 2 entrants total.

t1413863970z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know about you, but if I buy all my parts from the same store, I could just carry my PC there and tell them to fix it (if warranty is still valid), do you have those chain computer parts store there?
yeah but those places always end up convincing you to buy something lol

my psu is pretty old so warranty's gone i think.

i've just been having a lot of issues with the poor old thing lately, my cellphone's dying too

my life's falling to pieces T_T

Journalistics/bloggers/youtubers plugging their coverage from their test copies, I would guess.

Their curations are always wonderful. You know the sort... stuff like, "We looked at this game. It was quite something. <link>"*

* - not actually, but almost a quote.
ones i saw didn't look like journalists but who knows

still feels pretty dumb that it's allowed

(I spent more time on that than is probably healthy for a throwaway joke, so feel free to make use of it when appropriate. :p )
bookmarked.
<---

I remember him talking about it here in the Steam thread...

I remember all the things ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
But do you read Turfster's posts?
yeah but those places always end up convincing you to buy something lol

my psu is pretty old so warranty's gone i think.

i've just been having a lot of issues with the poor old thing lately, my cellphone's dying too

my life's falling to pieces T_T
They do that, never change your build once it's settled.

Cheer up :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So on that topic, does anyone know of a trader selling Cryostasis and what the average key price is for a copy?

Shadownet

Banned
Alright 1 more copy of Sniper Elite 3 to give away. Same rules as last time. But this time you have to correctly guess which fictional sniper is my favorite, you also have to post a picture of the sniper.
You can either quote and post on here. OR PM me the answer. As always. Pm is preferable.
Requirements:
1. One entry per post. You can guess as many times as you like, but you have to wait till I tell you it's wrong or right. Can't spam like 30 guesses in a row.
2. Gotta be a SteamGAF members I recognize. No lurkers. I know who's who.
3. Don't enter unless you absolutely want the game.

*hint* The actor that portrayed the sniper has a Hollywood Star of Fame.

Alright 1 more copy of Sniper Elite 3 to give away. Same rules as last time. But this time you have to correctly guess which fictional sniper is my favorite, you also have to post a picture of the sniper.
You can either quote and post on here. OR PM me the answer. As always. Pm is preferable.

EDIT: "*hint* The actor that portrayed the sniper has a Hollywood Star of Fame."
I can't read, nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom