• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

I'll have to see if I still have my save somewhere. I wouldn't mind starting the game again as it's been almost 18 months since I've touched it at all, but even so I did sink several hours in to the campaign. Progress is progress!

With good reason.

tumblr_mtzjeagABI1rthb3xo2_250.gif

Jawmuncher

Wait....there's a non-steam PC version of Dark Souls Prepare to Die or what o_O - I bought mine off of Amazon last year.....so does that mean I will lose my game if I dont redeem this random magical token from a place I never knew existed?

Game was only available on steam (Still with GFWL) and standalone on GFWL.
The GFWL codes will register now on Steam.

MUnited83

For you.
PSA: Go check your CD-keys of Dark Souls now and save them somewhere. They will probably work to redeem extra copies when the transition goes live.

Miker

I wonder if Korra will actually come out on time tomorrow. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some delay. It's not like Activision to not have games available for pre-order, and maybe something horrible went wrong in the tubes between Platinum offices and Steam.

Miguel81

But I have a question, do I need to install GFWL in order to find my GFWL token or what do I need to do to play Dark Souls without GFWL or it will be like Batman Arkham City?

Did you not receive the GFWL key via e-mail? It's been said that you can enter that into Steam and activate it there. If you wait, you will no longer need GFWL at all, but at the current time it is necessary to play.

MUnited83

For you.
Wait....there's a non-steam PC version of Dark Souls Prepare to Die or what o_O - I bought mine off of Amazon last year (Redeemed on Steam though).....so does that mean I will lose my game if I dont redeem this random magical token from a place I never knew existed?

No, the random magical tokens are for people who bought the game from GFWL or physical versions. You will not lose your game.(in fact, you will even get an extra copy if you keep your current cd-key)

Did you not receive the GFWL key via e-mail? It's been said that you can enter that into Steam and activate it there. If you wait, you will no longer need GFWL at all, but at the current time it is necessary to play.

I bought the game via Steam so I don't have any e-mail... so if I wait I just need to download the game and it will be GFWL-free?

derExperte

No, the random magical tokens are for people who bought the game from GFWL or physical versions. You will not lose your game.(in fact, you will even get an extra copy if you keep your current cd-key)

Do I have this other cd-key if I got the game through Steam?

Lomax

We are very excited to announce that next month it will be possible for players to migrate their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die games, saves and achievements from the Games for Windows Live platform to Steam.

• Games for Windows Live users will be able to redeem their Games for Windows Live Tokens on Steam to get Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost. (To find your Games for Windows Live Token, please head to the support webpage.)
  • In the month of November, there will be a period by which Games for Windows Live Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition users will be able to transfer their Save Data (characters + progress) and Achievements over to their Steam accounts.
  • Players will still be able to use their Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost even after the migration period ends; but game Save Data and Achievements transfer functions may not be available.
  • Games for Windows Live Rankings will not be transferred to Steam.
  • The specific migration start and end dates will be available soon; however the migration period will begin sometime in November 2014 with more specific dates to come.

We will be sharing more information soon regarding the migration process soon, so stay tuned!

Join the Bandai Namco Games America Community!

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/100546461401/we-are-very-excited-to-announce-that-next-month-it

Everyone go to steam right now and copy down your Dark Souls cd key on the chance that like with SSFIV it becomes another valid key to enter and get a copy the game.

Edit: Beaten, but it's worth saying twice!

MUnited83

For you.
What does that mean?
That you will need a VPN to activate the key then not worry about it?
Yep, precisely that. As JaseC can confirm(and me), Valve doesn't really care if you activate cd-keys with VPNs.
Do I have this other cd-key if I got the game through Steam?

Yes, you do, game still has a GFWL key. Go to the game on steam detailed list, and on the "Links" section there will be a cd-key section. Click on it and get the key :)

I bought the game via Steam so I don't have any e-mail... so if I wait I just need to download the game and it will be GFWL-free?

That's correct. But you can go check your cd-key to give to a friend or something :)

whats the quickest, easiest, and possibly cheapest, way to get my friend limit upped

i need more space and i dont wanna defriend any of your smiling faces

it says i need "262 XP to reach Level 25" i dont even know if level 25 gets me a higher friend limit

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
whats the quickest, easiest, and possibly cheapest, way to get my friend limit upped

i need more space and i dont wanna defriend any of your smiling faces

it says i need "262 XP to reach Level 25" i dont even know if level 25 gets me a higher friend limit

You gain five friend slots for every level. Sort this list by set price and start levelling up some badges (every badge you craft earns you 100 XP).

Garcia

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Garcia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super Hexagon -- MB-1D5583F4E42D9E05 - Taken by MillionStabs

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

STEEL AND STEAM -- MB-F2068D7415A82D07
BALLPOINT UNIVERSE INFINITE -- MB-B2619C07C0A7AC43

One entry. GFWL keys will just be whitelisted at Valve's end and tied to a retail sub that contains the current app.

Ok thank you for the clarification Jase :D

No probs. Not having to deal with GFWL is a godsend. That service kicked me out, and I had to reinstall it periodically.

I understand you my friend, I really hate GFWL, this is great news for all of us.

Nah, it means that you can give that key to a friend(or trade it) and it will activate a copy for them just fine.

See above.

Got it bro.

We all need Gears of Wars and that's all lol

Turfster

had my friend check out the burnt smell on my computer

says my coolers are making a weird sound, that i should clean up my power supply and its coolers

sometimes i wish pcs were like consoles and you could just replace them for a few hundred bucks

You... can?
Also cleaning out power supplies and coolers is easy as pie with compressed air.

zkylon

zkylewd
Most components have a 3-5 year warranty, so there is a good chance you can send it in and get a free replacement.
psu is pretty good but also kind of old so no more warranty afaik

No more GFWL, fine news!
Buy pre-built :p
in my experience pre-built pcs are crap

?

You... can?
Also cleaning out power supplies and coolers is easy as pie with compressed air.
this is good to know

all these repair things scare me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom