• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

gfblvxdng.png
(I spent more time on that than is probably healthy for a throwaway joke, so feel free to make use of it when appropriate. :p )

I love it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Alright 1 more copy of Sniper Elite 3 to give away. Same rules as last time. But this time you have to correctly guess which fictional sniper is my favorite, you also have to post a picture of the sniper.
You can either quote and post on here. OR PM me the answer. As always. Pm is preferable.

Bob Lee Swagger?

Either way, Shooter is pretty cool. And so is Kate Mara.

Jawmuncher

saw brute force instantly thought of this.
Brute_Force_Coverart.png

Shame there is no form of real xbox emulation.
a whole console that cant be fully preserved.

Alright 1 more copy of Sniper Elite 3 to give away. Same rules as last time. But this time you have to correctly guess which fictional sniper is my favorite, you also have to post a picture of the sniper.
You can either quote and post on here. OR PM me the answer. As always. Pm is preferable.

I'm going to take a stab and say Ed Harris (Major Konig) from Enemy at the Gates.

stalingrad_enemy_at_the_gates_2000_reference.jpg

chronomac

Sent my guess in. Very nice giveaway.

Ozium

saw brute force instantly thought of this.

Shame there is no form of real xbox emulation.
a whole console that cant be fully preserved.

lol that was the first thing that popped into my head too

I was like 'why is he talking about that xbox game?'

Jørdan

Cyrostasis has a bitchin' game menu. Runs poorly on mine but so does everything. There is actually a weapon that I can't use as it drops the frame rate so much and the stutter makes it unplayable - had to play with an axe and a can do attitude. Absolutely worth it though, performance might not be good yet it has some some great moments that make it worth the perseverance.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm going to take a stab and say Ed Harris (Major Konig) from Enemy at the Gates.

Wrong :p Actually 1 person have guess it correctly, but they didn't send me a picture so I have to disqualify them. (I think you know who you are my friend)

Gotta enforce the contest rules.

Edit: Nevermind drizzle won!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wrong :p Actually 1 person have guess it correctly, but they didn't send me a picture so I have to disqualify them. (I think you know who you are my friend)

Gotta enforce the contest rules.

Hope it wasn't me, because I posted a picture on the thread itself.

before sending you a PM.

Either way... :D

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My conversation with my Wife just now....

Her, "Why are you on the Steam store?"
Me "Just seeing what's new, or on sale"
Her "You have like a 100 games you never play"
Me "I know, it's fine, I'm just looking, probably won't buy anything"
Her "Why would you?"
Me "This is Steam, you just don't get it"
Her "You're retarded"

I'm fine, she just doesn't get it... which is probably a good thing for our bank account ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Civ Beyond Earth really doesn't inspire me. I mean it's a good game sure, but outside of new tech branching it really feels like reskin the more I watch the videos.

I know some of you don't like Assassin's Creed, but you can't deny the music is fantastic. Well, at least the Ezio trilogy.

Her "Why would you?"
Her "You're retarded"

I'm fine, she just doesn't get it... which is probably a good thing for our bank account ;)

Try asking her how many shoes or clothes she doesn't use. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
drizzle won! The answer is Bob Lee Swagger. Come on Shooter was a cool ass movie and that is a cool ass sniper name.

I posted a reply here (with a broken img tag), edited it real quick with the fixed tag, and then pmed you.

I misread the "post a image OR pm me" as "post an image AND pm me"

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :(

Also Yay Sniper Elite 3!

MattyG

Banned

Her "Why would you?"
Her "You're retarded"

"Honey, we just got the credit card bill. Why are there fifty charges for a game called 'Bad Rats'?"

"It was on sale. You just don't get it."

Civ Beyond Earth really doesn't inspire me. I mean it's a good game sure, but outside of new tech branching it really feels like reskin the more I watch the videos.

I feel the same. They say the late game has changes but I've always been drawn to the early game. I posted this earlier:

I want more new gameplay ideas and mechanics that really makes it feel like you're exploring a new planet. Deadlock from Accolade back in the day played around with a slightly different scenario. I understand that the standard Civ model is solid but just tacking on a space colonization theme seems uninspired. I would like if we had a main Civilization Series and then have Civ offshoots that would play around with newer & more novel ideas.

drizzle won! The answer is Bob Lee Swagger. Come on Shooter was a cool ass movie and that is a cool ass sniper name.
I thought about this movie at first, but I crossed it off because Mark Wahlberg is not a great actor at all, even Ed Harris and Jude Law weren't on the list.

Shadownet

Banned
See? YOU get it.
Have avoided Bad Rats like the plague!
Lol I love that conversation with your wife. "You just don't get it"
You should introduce her to the life of a SteamGAF. maybe she will understand us strange creatures.

I thought about this movie at first, but I crossed it off because Mark Wahlberg is not a great actor at all, even Ed Harris and Jude Law weren't on the list.

I think he's a good actor at the very least. But Shooter is one of my favorite movies ever. Plus Wahlberg was in Invincible. A movie about the Philadelphia Eagles. Can't hate that! :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I searched for Ed Harris and it doesn't seem he has a Star in Hollywood Walk of Fame. Next I searched for Mark, and he does. So I tried my chances. I also really like shooter, so I can understand... :D

I think he's a good actor at the very least. But Shooter is one of my favorite movies ever. Plus Wahlberg was in Invincible. A movie about the Philadelphia Eagles. Can't hate that! :D
Mark Wahlberg only has two modes, serious action mode that lacks personality and screen presence, and wacky mode, in which he tends to be annoying and like to overreact to stuff, occasionally runs around and shoots things up just like action mode.

I searched for Ed Harris and it doesn't seem he has a Star in Hollywood Walk of Fame. Next I searched for Mark, and he does. So I tried my chances. I also really like shooter, so I can understand... :D
I love Barry Pepper in Saving Private Ryan, but I know he wouldn't make the list so I didn't check.

Shadownet

Banned
Same rules as last time. But this time you have to correctly guess which anime is my all time favorite. But since I have two all time favorites. Everyone get up to 2 guesses per PM. First person to guess both of them correctly wins.
Since the topic is about anime, the winner will get a copy of Legend of Korra from me tomorrow! Remember to send me a picture if you're going to PM me!

For this time though, please PM me with your 2 guesses AND 1 picture of one of the anime, no need for 2 pictures. Don't respond in this thread.
Requirements:
1. One entry per post. You can guess as many times as you like, but you have to wait till I tell you it's wrong or right. Can't spam like 30 guesses in a row.
2. Gotta be a SteamGAF members I recognize. No lurkers. I know who's who.
3. Don't enter unless you absolutely want the game.

*HINTS*
1st Anime: The main character (a boy) greatest strength is his speed, which was born out of his weakness. He uses it to make something out of himself.
2nd Anime: This main character (a boy) would gladly sacrifice himself for the only person left in his family, and that person would do the same. Their bond is a theme of the show.

I don't like Wahlberg when he's on his serious person mode, but I absolutely love him when he gets crazy. I think he's like Nicolas Cage in that.

madjoki

PSA: Go check your CD-keys of Dark Souls now and save them somewhere. They will probably work to redeem extra copies when the transition goes live.

Migh only work if you bought diretly from Steam. At least, Amazon gave me directly GFWL-key which activated on Steam. (View CD-key gives original key I activated with)

Annubis

Her "Why would you?"
Her "You're retarded"

Family sharing man... family sharing ;)

Same rules as last time. But this time you have to correctly guess which anime is my all time favorite. But since I have two all time favorites. Everyone get up to 2 guesses per PM. First person to guess both of them correctly wins.
Since the topic is about anime, the winner will get a copy of Legend of Korra from me tomorrow! Remember to send me a picture if you're going to PM me!

For this time though, please PM me with your 2 guesses AND 1 picture of one of the anime, no need for 2 pictures. Don't respond in this thread.

Pretty sure I know the first one, but the second is kinda out there since I can think of many lol

Shadownet

Banned
And wow I guess I didn't make it hard enough. Cause Turf got it both correct on his first try.

The answers were Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Eyeshield 21.

Edit: 3 people actually guessed it right but since Turf answered first. He win. I'll gift you the game tomorrow mate! He beat the other 2 people by 3-4 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom