• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm currently out. The people that helped me went to bed. So gotta wait till tomorrow. Sorry!

If the price is the same tomorrow I can help get some more. But considering the short notice. I helped 29 people get a copy of Evolve.

Thanks again!

See y'all when it's out. I had no interest in the game otherwise. So if I download the Alpha now, is this basically a super early preload? Because I only have one "Evolve" in my Library.

Bigby

i just went to the BST thread.

everything was evolve

You surely mean this thread, no?

Anyway, I changed my mind. I will not take advantage of the price mistake. Will wait for impressions and might buy it closer to the release. Even that lost giveaway tells me so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even if its another account?

Valve isn't stupid. ;)

ALt6b.png

Note "... on your accounts".

Shadownet

Banned
Okay I know I have like a bunch of people friend requesting me right now on Steam. If I get more copies later on. I'll get to you. But I won't accept it right now. So I can keep track of you all. So don't be sad if you don't see me accepting your friend request.

I'll do my best to find more. IF you already found yourself a copy, please delete the friend request :) so I know to move to the next person if I find a copy. Also you guys should keep looking. A lot of gaffer are helping people out. Not just me. You might find one.

Okay I know I have like a bunch of people friend requesting me right now on Steam. If I get more copies later on. I'll get to you. But I won't accept it right now. So I can keep track of you all. So don't be sad if you don't see me accepting your friend request.

I'll do my best to find more. IF you already found yourself a copy, please delete the friend request :) so I know to move to the next person if I find a copy. Also you guys should keep looking. A lot of gaffer are helping people out. Not just me. You might find one.

Thanks for helping, my invite is still pending so if you get one let me know! thank you kind sir :)

Knurek

So, due to Squeenix not wanting to use proper xinput1_3.dll (as God intended), opting instead for custom coded XInput support, I had to use my Logitech F310 instead of DualShock 2 (as God intended) for FFXIII.

Result of 40+ hours of pressing A button almost exclusively? The damn thing tends to stick. I've tried cleaning, doesn't help. Kind of a bummer, I didn't like the pad as much as DS2 (too clicky for my taste), but it was a native XInput controller and that was important for some games.

Guess I'll need to buy a new pad for those games not working with x360ce... :(
DualShock 4 is good, right? Worth the price? $60+ for a gamepad seems a bit too much... :\
Is there a Steam Winter Sale for gamepads?

Dambrosi

Banned

In Shadownet I Trust.

JYsDTuh.png

First game I have have wasted 100 hours on. Then Team Fortress 2 with 76 hours, then Dark Souls 2 with 67 and finally Deadly Premonition with whopping 30!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Alpha -- MB-754173A60E559439 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.

t1414789331z1.png

Tecl0n

So, due to Squeenix not wanting to use proper xinput1_3.dll (as God intended), opting instead for custom coded XInput support, I had to use my Logitech F310 instead of DualShock 2 (as God intended) for FFXIII.

Result of 40+ hours of pressing A button almost exclusively? The damn thing tends to stick. I've tried cleaning, doesn't help. Kind of a bummer, I didn't like the pad as much as DS2 (too clicky for my taste), but it was a native XInput controller and that was important for some games.

DualShock 4 is good, right? Worth the price? $60+ for a gamepad seems a bit too much... :\

There is no going back after using a DS4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just bought a key and didnt get it... whut?

wtf do I do now?

So, I guess the train for 3/4 keys for Evolve has already sailed, huh?

Not gonna lie, I kinda regret not gettint one. I just want to resell it, but I was afraid the market would become too saturated. Of fucking course people are already asking for 7 keys and more :/

EDIT: Damn, had I asked 10 minutes earlier... Haha.

thank goodness. Now, i can ask my silly questions about 2-3 year old games because my backlog is a monster and i want opinions about these dated games, dammit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a little problem with Steam recognizing a game that I own.
It's Arma 2. I got a Humble copy of the game and activated it. It also shows in my Library in the client.
Problem is, on the Steamstore it doesn't show as owned?

What is the cause for this and how do I solve it?

A very good read from our resident Gaffer Durante on PCGamer.

There are two versions of ARMA 2: NA and ROW. Humble keys were tied to the former and the store page is tied to the latter.

didamangi

Yeah, used to have a F710. In the end the right trigger moves by itself and yeah, the face buttons gets sticky. Wireless coverage not that good as well. Would not recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom