• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm glad I'm not the only one that read that as Fallout.
why would you be glad that others share you misery??

yeah i wonder why he didn't find funding

let's check on his last KS:
TR4MjAd.png

i guess the game has been out for a year

let's check the comment section
hKcuEik.png

8CzuvuC.png

i wonder if blowing his deadline by a minimum of 12 months, more likely 18, and then asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars more ~MIGHT~ have something to do with it

edit: omg he still got as much as he got for his previous game, so his beef is that he asked for 2.5 times as much money as his last game and didn't get it. why would he have gotten it?!

the guy's gonna give a talk next week in my town

i wonder if he'll talk about this

Am I right in thinking this is the cheapest Transistor has ever been?
i might be mistaken but i have the impression i bought it for $7.50

The discussion from the new members about key trading is so... earnest, LOL.

A pair of spares to kick things off:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-7F3CCAC49954FFC4 - Taken by redlacs. 27 entrants total.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim #2 -- MB-D262E5B3100D0D95 - Taken by cHinzo. 20 entrants total.

t1414796291z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it appears that the PackageDetails API is currently bugged where if you send it multiple Sub IDs it always returns null. Hopefully this is simply a bug and not a permanent change.

What this means for people using Enhanced Steam is that regional price info won't show on pages that have multiple purchase options (for example, Transistor, because it has "Transistor" and "Transistor + Soundtrack"). This is because Enhanced Steam batches these together into a single API call to conserve bandwidth.

Hopefully they can get this fixed soon, I'd rather not have to split this request up any more than it already is.

why would you be glad that others share you misery??

the guy's gonna give a talk next week in my town

i wonder if he'll talk about this

i might be mistaken but i have the impression i bought it for $7.50

I wish game devs came to Mar del Plata some time. Everyone talks about the sea and stuff, but we are pretty much cut off from the interesting stuff.

Repost for the new page:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-7F3CCAC49954FFC4 - Taken by redlacs. 27 entrants total.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim #2 -- MB-D262E5B3100D0D95 - Taken by cHinzo. 20 entrants total.

t1414796291z1.png

get it, it won't even be $10 for a loooooooooooooong time.
Darn it. Stop tempting me :p I am not in a state to make rational decisions...
...does Evolve have a meaningful Campaign? Even though the asymmetrical MP is refreshing, I don't believe it'll have long legs, so I wouldn't jump only on MP alone.

didamangi

Good luck guys. It's the full game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (didamangi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve -- MB-B91C0699D286E221 - Taken by Jadax. 23 entrants total.
Evolve #3 -- MB-BED9F44263967BEF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 23 entrants total.
Evolve #2 -- MB-A0C6127A5509B2D3 - Taken by Chariot. 20 entrants total.

t1414786931z1.png

STEAM | November 2014 - Sega does what Square-Don't

Ports an old PS3 exclusive that I don't care about and haven't bothered with despite owning the console since 2007 to PC instead of porting something I'm actually interested in and will play?

I guess it is rather ingenius, as now I have to buy VC to 'support" Sega and porting to PC for no other reason than to be able to hold out hope that someday I'll see Bayonetta and/or Vanquish on Steam someday...

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish game devs came to Mar del Plata some time. Everyone talks about the sea and stuff, but we are pretty much cut off from the interesting stuff.

well i'm pretty sure everywhere that isn't buenos aires doesn't get anything

this year's argie expo sounds pretty shit but u should maybe look into coming next year

last year raph koster killed it. it was freaking amazing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, I didn't realise people were selling pre-order copies of Evolve for $5. I just assumed demand for alpha keys was high.

Edit: All sorted.

well i'm pretty sure everywhere that isn't buenos aires doesn't get anything

this year's argie expo sounds pretty shit but u should maybe look into coming next year

last year raph koster killed it. it was freaking amazing

I have a friend in La Plata who says they have an interesting indie scene there, but yes, I guess everything is in Buenos Aires.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bah, I didn't realise people were selling pre-order copies of Evolve for $5. I just assumed demand for alpha keys was high.

We may all be crazy, but not that crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom