• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

My cousin's birthday is coming up and I want to give him a game, but I still don't know which one.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor
The Last of Us: Remastered

I figured I'd ask this here because we all know SteamGAF has the best taste for games, so...

Of the 3 I haven't played Shadow of Mordor, but I'm impressed from what I've seen and heard.

The Last of Us I think is stupidly overrated tbh, but I know I'm in a distinct minority there.

Watch Dogs... Just no.

Wish we would get the definite version of Tomb Raider which actually had graphical improvements. Although it still didn't compare to the PC version which had tessellation and such.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do we want the "definitive edition" of Sleepy Dogs again? doesnt everyone and their grandmother already have the game and all the DLC from the 367 thousand times it went on sale, and we always had the HD pack on PC to make it look next gen-y (which it did), so... again, why do we want the definitive edition again?

rtcn63

That's some horrible art they decided to use right there. Especially in contrast to Sleeping Dogs' cover which is awesome.

Shen's on the HGH now brah

b7WbPX1.jpg

(Cung Le)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wish we would get the definite version of Tomb Raider which actually had graphical improvements. Although it still didn't compare to the PC version which had tessellation and such.

I think we'll get Tomb Raider Redux soon enough:

Damn it, back at Uni now, so I'll probably be having less time for games as a result, which is a tad annoying, need to put more time into Mordor plus a lot of upcoming things I like the look of.

Gonna be a rough year.

why do we want the "definitive edition" of Sleepy Dogs again? doesnt everyone and their grandmother already have the game and all the DLC from the 367 thousand times it went on sale, and we always had the HD pack on PC to make it look next gen-y (which it did), so... again, why do we want the definitive edition again?

PC bros don't, console bros maybe. Who knows maybe its a litmus test for a sequel
or more than likely Triad Wars

civilization games often go on sale, yeah? i think i might hold off on beyond earth and evil within until christmas sale. i see it popping up there

Deitus

And I liked you so much... what a shame! :p

Awww, thanks. At least I can die happy.
;)

Daily Prototype 2 75% off

Groupees Sometimes Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Circuits
  • Ascension to the throne
  • Them The Summoning
  • Bleed
  • Journey of the King (alpha)
TIER 2: 2$
  • True Rivals - The Revenant (music)
  • The Secret Adventures of Houdini (comic)

Bleed is definitely worth it for a dollar. It's really short, but there is a lot of challenge to be had. The movement system is great; you basically get 5 (I think) jumps, but instead of just moving upwards, it's like a boost that propels you forward in the current direction you are heading, and you can turn while you are boosting. The shooting controls like a twinstick shooter (but this is a 2d platformer instead of a top down shooter), there are multiple unlockable guns (though I mostly just stuck with the default dual pistols), and you have a rechargeable bullet time power. A number of the stages will take probably multiple tries to beat without using a continue (especially the
boss rush
in the last stage). The scoring system is straight up broken though.

I would pick up Prototype 2 in a heartbeat if it dropped to $5. Not sure if I'll bite at 10.

I like Prototype 2 better. It's one of the few games where I'd argue making it a bit easier improved it. Late game in the first one you'd just have so much obnoxious shit thrown at you at once, tanks, helicopters, monsters, all that could stun lock you for days. Didn't feel much like a superhero by the end with all the cheesy hit and run tactics I was doing. The second one does much better with making you actually feel like a shapeshifting badass.

That's good to hear. Prototype 1 had a weird difficutly curve where you would have sudden swings between feeling like an unstoppable badass, to being completely unable to do anything at all but get stunlocked to death. It had the best traversal system of any game up to that point (SR4 basically completely lifted it wholesale, but I didn't mind), but the gameplay balance was all over the place and the mission design was poor.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How does voting in that Golden Joystick thing work? I logged into playfire, then it sent me to CVG, which then made me login to their site when submitting the votes. It didn't seem like they were connected at all?

I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to a lot of gaming for the path few months. Is Alien: Isolation expected to be a pretty good game?

Edit: Just noticed the OT. I'll browse that and see how it's looking.

I was excited for the game and then I remember reading impressions or something that weren't very positive so I pushed it out of mind. But now I'm seeing excitement for it again.

We talking about prototype? That game was so cool. I still want to get the 2nd one. Its just that when it does go on sale I'm playing other stuff

Umm, I think I'm losing my mind.

I DEFINITELY bought RE:Revelations while it was on sale a month ago. I even found the email. My problem is that I can't find it in my library. The email said I purchased it as a gift and that's what I normally do anyway. Problem is... it's not in my inventory either. I definitely did not gift it to anyone, and there's nothing in my account activity that claimed the game for myself. I'm not sure but I *think* I actually saw it in my library at home a while ago, but it's not here on my office PC.

What's going on? Where's my game?

Wasn't there some DLC for Sleeping Dogs that was kinda game-breaking and was recommended you disable if playing? Can you still do that with the definitive edition or is it integrated in?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OMG! I'm so going to get this. :D My most look forward game in October. Please be region free. Wishlisted <3

The store sub is region-free... for now. Pity it's not pre-purchaseable.

Wasn't there some DLC for Sleeping Dogs that was kinda game-breaking and was recommended you disable if playing? Can you still do that with the definitive edition or is it integrated in?

I doubt the XP/cash DLC is enabled by default. That wouldn't make much sense.

Tizoc

Put some more hours into Mordor. Sadly the Outcast missions are BS. You save some slaves and then you gotta cross HALF the map to find the other slaves to rescue. Talk about padding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom