• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

Sooooo I voted for the Golden Joystick Awards... and now what?

Edit: Well fuck, I put a different email than the one on Playfire. Can I change it?

What's Only If? Is it a good game?

It is a really weird game indeed; it somehow reminds me of Stanley's parable's demo - I haven't played the actual game yet - as you're given some audio cues that sometimes you have to follow in order to pass some levels.

I have found it to be visually stunning - some areas are gorgeous -, but I disliked the controls in some tricky points.

Anyway, if you don't know what to play next you may try it out, since it's free to play.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Prototype 2 had one of the worst protagonists in a while. Had to wait until Watch_Dogs to find someone worse.

ii55VfHnPC1Um.gif

I think you meant one of the best. Keller was hilarious and badass. He actually had charm and soul.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Also, there’s a really disappointing factor: fallen captains seem to come back to life. I’m not sure whether it’s a bug, or whether their boasts of a kerbillion unique enemies were a touch hollow, but it’s bitterly disappointing to see a captain you’d particularly enjoyed finishing suddenly strolling up again. Sure, you come back to life each time, but it does rather shatter the point if they do. Hopefully this is something that’ll be patched out soon."

if this was a paragraph from a IGN review, they would be getting fucking obliterated right now. "LOL IGN doesnt even know the basics" "did you even play the game? thats intended!"

I guess its ok since RPS tho

I dont like RPS and I think their "uber status" just because they are a PC only site is ridiculous

Tenrius

Do they give you a game for voting? Also, I'm pretty sure the voting closes on October 20.

Jase! :p you answered the wrong question. If I read it correctly. You said that Sleeping Dogs DE is region free? for now?

No, it's isn't. This is the sub you get from the Russian store:

https://steamdb.info/sub/49877/

It has the "onlyallowrunincountries" field and also the "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting : No" one.

Yeah, for the time being.

Please elaborate.

Sendou

"Also, there’s a really disappointing factor: fallen captains seem to come back to life. I’m not sure whether it’s a bug, or whether their boasts of a kerbillion unique enemies were a touch hollow, but it’s bitterly disappointing to see a captain you’d particularly enjoyed finishing suddenly strolling up again. Sure, you come back to life each time, but it does rather shatter the point if they do. Hopefully this is something that’ll be patched out soon."

if this was a paragraph from a IGN review, they would be getting fucking obliterated right now. "LOL IGN doesnt even know the basics" "did you even play the game? thats intended!"

I dont like RPS and I think their "uber status" just because they are a PC only site is ridiculous

I don't get it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Please elaborate.

There's a loophole within Steam's checkout system that allows people to buy ROW subs at Eastern Europe prices, which can only be combated by disabling cross-region trading/gifting or adding Eastern European territories as purchase-restricted countries. That being said, exploiting said loophole carries an element of risk as Valve can and has trade-banned people who've used it to trade ROW copies en masse, with the most recent example I'm aware of being South Park, so only a small fraction of traders partake.

Tenrius

There's a loophole within Steam's checkout system that allows people to buy ROW subs at Eastern Europe prices, which can only be combated by disabling cross-region trading/gifting or adding Eastern European territories as purchase-restricted countries. That being said, exploiting said loophole carries an element of risk as Valve can and has trade-banned people who've used it to trade ROW copies en masse, with the most recent example I'm aware of being South Park, so only a small fraction of traders partake.

Well, the more you know.

In the mean time, there is a new Indie Royale bundle.

tumblr_macgdfyqFW1rwmb58.gif

yatesl

Probably already been posted, but looks like Shadow of Mordor has been RU region locked now. Gutted, I was about to buy it. I knew I should have purchased it before.

Sajjaja

I don't get it either.

Kiru

Anarchy Reigns was ok and Madworld was all substance, too. They don't have a perfect track record, but when they're good they're the best.

MadWorld is one of my favorite games man!

That artstyle:

Probably already been posted, but looks like Shadow of Mordor has been RU region locked now. Gutted, I was about to buy it. I knew I should have purchased it before.

Just buy it from NUUVEM. Keys are not region locked.

Is it wrong that i kinda want that Korra game just because Platinum is behind it? I don't even know what a Korra is.

It's perfectly justifiable to want the game just because of Platinum.

With that said, you should totally know what a Korra is. Have you watched the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series? It's a sequel series, basically.

It's perfectly justifiable to want the game just because of Platinum.

With that said, you should totally know what a Korra is. Have you watched the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series? It's a sequel series, basically.

no, it was more a thing my little brother watched. I felt too old for it back then, and i'm in my early 30s now so yeah.

Dr Dogg

You heartless creatures. The reason you want Sleepy Dawgs Redefinative Edition is so you can have another achievement list you can go through.

All these new releases (or rereleases) are starting to stack up over the next two months. Just under a week before FFXIII, Ryse and Sleepy Dawgs bog me down so I better get cracking with Mordor. Which has heavily compressed, 30fps, prerendered cutscenes coming out the arse. No one mentioned that in any reviews did they!

dex3108

Witcher marathon finished. What to do next SteamGAF? Mass Effect marathon (i finished ME1 and started ME2 couple months ago)?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't get it either.
I don't get it.

its a game feature not a bug. I havent even played the game and I know this, the captains come back when you defeat them and say shit like "should have made sure I was dead" and even have scars, bandages or metal plates in their bodies from your previous battle.

Its the kind of uninformed shit that you would see in a IGN review for example. I just find RPS completely overrated as a website and often wonder why steamgaf praises them like they are the second coming. This is just another example

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You heartless creatures. The reason you want Sleepy Dawgs Redefinative Edition is so you can have another achievement list you can go through.

All these new releases (or rereleases) are starting to stack up over the next two months. Just under a week before FFXIII, Ryse and Sleepy Dawgs bog me down so I better get cracking with Mordor. Which has heavily compressed, 30fps, prerendered cutscenes coming out the arse. No one mentioned that in any reviews did they!

Sleepy Redefinative Edition Dawgs*

Sendou

its a game feature not a bug. I havent even played the game and I know this, the captains come back when you defeat them and say shit like "should have made sure I was dead" and even have scars, bandages or metal plates in their bodies from your previous battle.

Its the kind of uninformed shit that you would see in a IGN review for example. I just find RPS completely overrated as a website and often wonder why steamgaf praises them like they are the second coming. This is just another example

Oh I haven't come across that yet.

it's a license based on a children's property, so probably.

quick cashgrab by platinum (can't blame em)

Something about beggars and choosers applies here I guess.

derExperte

I just find RPS completely overrated as a website and often wonder why steamgaf praises them like they are the second coming. This is just another example

Because I enjoy their articles/writing more than that of most other sites and errors like this happen everywhere. It wasn't even a full review, just first impressions.

Deitus

I misread your post, and thought you were saying that did come from the IGN review, to which I was about to say "typical IGN". Yeah, that sounds like a case of someone clearly not paying attention to the game they are reviewing. I don't have much of an opinion on RPS one way or another though.

Good websites make mistakes.

I like RPS because they write well. That's it.

AHA-Lambda

Urgh, sorry to say but I'm really not enjoying Wasteland 2 anymore.

I hate the emphasis on combat, it's a total chore and I must be playing the game wrong somehow cos I'm playing on easy and yet I'm chewing through ammo and healthkits (or making long detours to the citadel doctor) >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom