• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely liking Shadows of Mordor the more I play it.
One of the few games where I might have been too quick to judge.

It happens sometimes. When i first played X-com 2012, I put over an hour into it and walked away kinda feeling like ehhhhhhhhh.

The next session i had with it was over 6 hours long. The good ones, man, when they get you they get you good.

maty

Damn you, you got my hopes up

Justin-Timberlake-Blank-Stare.gif

image.php

also, screw you maty

You should sue Steam for false advertising. I know I'm deleting my account and going Origin+Uplay combo now :p

Saty

That sucks for them, but hopefully a lesson was learn: WAIT. HOLD. WAIT & HOLD. Once the game is out, then decide if it's worth your money. Otherwise, you get what you pay for.
It's not about waiting. Games shouldn't go 50% off inside a month from release. There should be some 'ethics' about when and by how much you discount your game for the first time. 50% off after one month on the market is a no no. It also means that your are self-inflicted-ly increasing tendencies of people waiting to for sales to buy their games and bringing forth a reality of 'never buying Steam games on launch'.

It's not about waiting. Games shouldn't go 50% off inside a month from release. There should be some 'ethics' about when and by how much you discount your game for the first time. 50% off after one month on the market is a no no. It also means that your are self-inflicted-ly increasing tendencies of people waiting to for sales to buy their games and bringing forth a reality of 'never buying Steam games on launch'.

the golden rule for anyone, regardless of how much a person wants a game, is:

In regards to PA: It's their game, to do with it as they see fit. When others threw their money at an uncertainty, they can't get mad when what they got was an uncertainty.

In regards to being mad about the PA discount: Just don't buy games on day one and you'll be ok. If you are, then be aware of the fact that what you pay for today, someone will pay less for tomorrow.

AHA-Lambda

Not steam related but hey.

Did EA stop selling Origin games on disc? I just noticed BF Hardline isn't available on Amazon uk. So would I just be stuck paying £50 from Origin? :S

Uzzy

The best bit? Buying the game during Early Access was supposed to grant you the following extras:

But this can't be done because the game has been out of Early Access for a month now and the devs didn't make a post-EA sub, meaning it's impossible to grant the incentives to Early Access buyers without also giving them to those who've bought the game during its post-launch period thus far. If I didn't buy the game through a trader I'd be pressing Valve for a refund.

I'm not sure about the wallpapers or artbook, but I bought Planetary Annihilation in Early Access, and I got the Theta commander. I also got access to the soundtrack, though you have to go to the Uber website for that.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Sun at Night -- MB-A1EEFD6DF3674A9E - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 4 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-35B0B39FF82309B8 - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.
Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-214A7215E7428B2B - Taken by Milamber. 4 entrants total.
Steam Bandits: Outpost -- MB-672B8351F60A62C9 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars -- MB-6EEF410326D92D22 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-0BC3025EC68D01B8 - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.

t1412274198z1.png

enjoy

Was only interested on Puddle and the Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon. enjoy!
ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GAUGE -- MB-B8A2F428ED346D7C - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-BC0E5E484F025AB6 - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.

t1412274318z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
So while playing through Shadow of Mordor with a DS4 controller. It took a bit getting used to the Xbox prompt on screen. is there any mod or program that replace the Xbox buttons with PS ones for every games? Really would like to be able to play some games with my DS4.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So while playing through Shadow of Mordor with a DS4 controller. It took a bit getting used to the Xbox prompt on screen. is there any mod or program that replace the Xbox buttons with PS ones for every games? Really would like to be able to play some games with my DS4.
No that would be insanely difficult to create and way too much effort to be worthwhile.

I *think* there are mods, but it's on a game-by-game basis since what the mods do is essentially replace the textures used for xbox prompts with ps buttons and there's no universal way of doing that.

Some games are coming with PS button prompts already built it, though, but it's a relatively rare thing

Shadownet

Banned
No that would be insanely difficult to create and way too much effort to be worthwhile.
I think its worth it.... *fidgety*

I *think* there are mods, but it's on a game-by-game basis since what the mods do is essentially replace the textures used for xbox prompts with ps buttons and there's no universal way of doing that.

Some games are coming with PS button prompts already built it, though, but it's a relatively rare thing

Which PC games has PS prompts?

kiyomi

put little xbox stickers on your ds4

case closed

Saty

In regards to PA: It's their game, to do with it as they see fit. When others threw their money at an uncertainty, they can't get mad when what they got was an uncertainty.

In regards to being mad about the PA discount: Just don't buy games on day one and you'll be ok. If you are, then be aware of the fact that what you pay for today, someone will pay less for tomorrow.

It's not about me. It's about the devs cutting the branch they are sitting on. You screw your most loyal fans and they won't be there next time. And when devs start complaining about the Steam's userbase mentality of waiting for sales and not getting games day1, then they should point the finger at themselves for doing such deep and early discounts.

Whatever happened to Oddworld: New N Tasty? It's been extremely quiet since the PS4 release.
You should ask in the main thread. the CEO of Just Add Water checks it and posts their occasionally. Sure you could get an answer there.

Which PC games has PS prompts?

I think i saw something about Cook, Serve, Delicious supporting it not too long ago. Can't remember any others off the top of my head.

It's not about me. It's about the devs cutting the branch they are sitting on. You screw your most loyal fans and they won't be there next time. And when devs start complaining about the Steam's userbase mentality of waiting for sales and not getting games day1, then they should point the finger at themselves for doing such deep and early discounts.

Uber appears to be the exception here, though. Most devs seem to be doing a good job with this stuff. but still, people are learning what they're getting: they're paying into a risk, and part of that is knowing that you might not see a thing when it's all said and done.

And it seems like EA/Kickstarter games have already suffered due to stuff like this. People are learning, and will continue to learn.

it'll work itself out.

Accoun

Dunno if it was already posted, but:
http://twitch.tv/zlive

Reflex (one of the upcoming arena FPSs) stream. Should've posted this earlier, because they were actually making a map in the ingame editor. They have also showed a recreation of Aerowalk, an original duel map and now they are playing on a Q1DM6 remake/remix.

Phinor

So not only is Planetary Annihilation released by what many called very buggy and incomplete, but not even a mere month since the game is already 50% off, screwing early adopters and those who put their trust into the devs.

Well hey, they just launched a new Kickstarter project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game. $1.4m target is pretty damn high, especially considering their reputation and the cherry on top is the kickstarter decline news yesterday (although there are actual reasons for the decline too, it's not just loss of interest).

I'm not going to lie, I want a game similar to what they are pitching. I just don't see this kickstarter succeeding.

Thorgal

I just had my mind blown today when i discovered that Larian Studios , the creators of Divinity: Original Sin are located in my country ( Belgium ) and are only a 10 minute drive away from my house .

Accoun

I just had my mind blown today when i discovered that Larian Studios , the creators of Divinity: Original Sin are located in my country ( Belgium ) and are only a 10 minute drive away from my house .

Visit them with some pizzas. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

liezryou

http://www.overclock.net/t/999232/a-quick-guide-on-how-to-increase-font-size-in-steam-chats To change the notification window text size, search the same file for Label until you see this:

Code:
    Label
		{
		textcolor="Label"
		selectedtextcolor="Text"
		bgcolor="none"
		font-family=basefont
		font-size=14
		font-weight=400
 		}

And change the font-size value accordingly. E.g.:

Default (14):
notifsize1t5j4h.jpg

Modified (16):
notifsize25akjn.jpg

Note that this will also increase the font size of other text elements that use the Label class.

Thanks worked perfectly. Sorry didn't respond earlier, i fell asleep right after checking my laptop. Was too tired from the 26 hour trip @.@.

Vuze

Faced the same issue with my DS3 a while ago and I eventually got used to it. Takes some time tho. As others stated, there is no universal mod for all games sadly. I just ended up buying a Xbox One controller heh.

kiyomi

I wasn't seriously suggesting putting stickers on your DS4, but if you do decide to do it, you owe me royalties.

That's how things work, right?

Shadownet

Banned
put little xbox stickers on your ds4
case closed
Actually this does give me an idea. I might be able to mod one of my DS4, but some spare Xbox buttons and replace it. Like how some people replaced the joysticks with Xbox ones.

Is it really an issue? I use a DS3 personally and don't see an issue with the XBox prompts. I guess I just know both layouts and don't care. meh.

I haven't play Xbox in a long time. It does take a while to get used to. X(

kiyomi

Actually this does give me an idea. I might be able to mod one of my DS4, but some spare Xbox buttons and replace it. Like how some people replaced the joysticks with Xbox ones.

I haven't play Xbox in a long time. It does take a while to get used to. X(

I always get confused when games tell me to press bumpers or triggers. Since I've never used an Xbox controller I have no idea what they are. They could be talking about triangle for all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom