• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

OKAY, obviously I've missed a huge something or other, but I'd never heard of this Idle Master utility until just now?

Man, I may have to try this thing out tonight, part of me is afraid of getting banned from Steam or something though.... o_O

No, i even played steam games while idling (maybe this is not recommended, but works fine for me =) )

AsfaeksBR

How is Painkiller: Hell & Damnation? Worth a try?
I was planning to play it with a friend in the weekend, but I just found out that I don't have class today (everyone is getting cancer, man. That's my third teacher finding out they have cancer in less than 2 months), so I'll give it a shot later.

Those AV companies should consider putting their softwares on Steam, maybe that'll get JaseC to buy one. (Or all of them.)
Because it's super lightweight and super unintrusive? In this one test, which states that Windows Defender stumbles on Malware tests, Windows Defender managed to only catch 97% of 60000 malware samples. But the truth is that that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than average, at least somewhat savvy computer user needs.
Bitdefender free is lightweight and unintrusive.

Idle master work is over, all of my 150 games with cards is done, i feel empty =(

kkuhg0D.jpg

I'm letting un-idled games build back up again, just in case the fall or winter sales do something with badge crafting/card drops again. I'd wiped out 163 games, and idled them down to 0. I'm back up to 22 games. I'll probably idle them soon, though...I really don't like clutter in my inventory, though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How is Painkiller: Hell & Damnation? Worth a try?
I was planning to play it with a friend in the weekend, but I just found out that I don't have class today (everyone is getting cancer, man. That's my third teacher finding out they have cancer in less than 2 months), so I'll give it a shot later.

It's an okay remake of the original. They picked a selection of levels from the main game and the first expansion and then added in more later on via DLC. I think Painkiller as a game concept is pretty boring and H&D is a faithful recreation of that boring experience.

Jadax

Anyone know a place where I can get a decently priced/cheap laptop/computer in UK?

My laptop sucks major donkey balls now..dunno what happened, but I can't even play dota2 without getting lag spikes and the fans going into overdrive!

Maybe I need to get my laptop cleaned..but that's going to cost so much!

AsfaeksBR

It's an okay remake of the original. They picked a selection of levels from the main game and the first expansion and then added in more later on via DLC. I think Painkiller as a game concept is pretty boring and H&D is a faithful recreation of that boring experience.

I promised my friend we'd play something together, and he loves this kind of games (he finished all Serious Sam's, finished all Painkillers and more), so I hope it's a bit fun to play it in co-op.
But I think I'll pass on playing it alone today...

Mono

Sorry I've been MIA; I'm taking some brutal classes this semester and got a job! @_@

I'm preparing for FFXIII by uninstalling a bunch of Skyrim mods; which I needed to do anyway because my Skyrim is modded to hell and seriously runs at an average of 10fps, lol. Rather than fixing the problem, I just stopped playing it as much. Hopefully I'm picking the right mods to uninstall to make the preformance better! I'm assuming the texture and model mods are killing it. I guess I'll find out! I didn't realize FFXIII was going to be ~30 GB! I was guessing a lot smaller for some reason!

Maybe this will actually help me get rid some of my massive backlog so I can uninstall some games to make room for it! If I have time, I'll hopefully finish TWD season 1 before then! I just finished episode 2
and was so certain that there were zambies in the barn that I made a bet with one of my mates. Turns out they were just canibals! ;n;

TWD S1 keeps getting better and better!

Khronico

WELP time to get all or most of the DLC for Vic2, HOI3, and CK2. Goodbye wallet.

Oh gosh maybe EU4 too. Guess Mordor will have to wait.

Cheddahz

Banned
The lady friend I've been talking to is getting Smash Bros. tomorrow, so I'll have a chance to try it out this weekend (I'm waiting for the Wii U version to drop before I get it)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck corrosivefrost
fuck Jawmuncher

stupid sensible advice giving bastards >_<

Is there any way for Enhanced Steam to add a feature that lets you easily view and compare achievements in games you played through family sharing?

OKAY, obviously I've missed a huge something or other, but I'd never heard of this Idle Master utility until just now?

Man, I may have to try this thing out tonight, part of me is afraid of getting banned from Steam or something though.... o_O

Yeah, man,
You can get banned for actually playing games.
That's why none of us do it.

Is Dynasty Warriors region free?

I'm glad everyone follows the rules so closely... it really makes this such a wonderful thread.

YES, DW8 is region free.

See, you go here: https://steamdb.info/app/278080/

And when you look at the packages, there's no seperate RU+CIS app. So copies bought in the motherland are tradeable and you can get it for cheaper than in your local store (unless you live in Japan or... CN... what is that, China? Canada?)

Uzzy

WELP time to get all or most of the DLC for Vic2, HOI3, and CK2. Goodbye wallet.

Oh gosh maybe EU4 too. Guess Mordor will have to wait.

You should probably wait to see if the EU4 DLC gets an even bigger discount at some point this weekend.

Anyone know a place where I can get a decently priced/cheap laptop/computer in UK?

My laptop sucks major donkey balls now..dunno what happened, but I can't even play dota2 without getting lag spikes and the fans going into overdrive!

Maybe I need to get my laptop cleaned..but that's going to cost so much!

That sucks man. Does that mean you're unlikely to make Saturday's DOTA2 night?

derExperte

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And when you look at the packages, there's no seperate RU+CIS app. So copies bought in the motherland are tradeable and you can get it for cheaper than in your local store (unless you live in Japan or... CN... what is that, China? Canada?)

Yeah, China. Canada is CA.

Arthea

can someone explain me why I have most games in new bundlestars bundle, if I don't buy EA games usually and don't remember buying any of those that I have. That's like dark secret I need to uncover to continue with a story.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
can someone explain me why I have most games in new bundlestars bundle, if I don't buy EA games usually and don't remember buying any of those that I have. That's like dark secret I need to uncover to continue with a story.

Sometimes, when you're sleeping, a spider crawls up your nose and digs into your brain, assuming control of your body while you're none the wiser.

I read every post, word for word. It's true. But then forget almost everything five minutes later.

Haha, that sounds like me... unless I can somehow associate it with Valve or that Irish lass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom