• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

can someone explain me why I have most games in new bundlestars bundle, if I don't buy EA games usually and don't remember buying any of those that I have. That's like dark secret I need to uncover to continue with a story.

dunno about kaiju
meatbags was in a humble?
you probably bought fancy skulls or had it gifted or madbat
steam bandits was in a bundle before same with infinite space
dreaming sarah was in a couple greenlight bundles

what jasec said

Deitus

Sorry I've been MIA; I'm taking some brutal classes this semester and got a job! @_@

I was wondering where you'd been. That sound rough, but congrats on the job.

On the subject of people who haven't been around lately, I hope A Fish Aficionado isn't banned for much longer.

fuck corrosivefrost
fuck Jawmuncher

stupid sensible advice giving bastards >_<

Ok, we're fuckin' NAILING the rules today.

Until what?

Didn't you read the rules? This is the Steam & Nintendo thread. With special love to the 3DS. So it must be 12 hours until the release of some party brawler that I'm already sick of seeing stupid commercials for.

Edit: Speaking of, here's another one. At least people can't say Nintendo isn't going all out with the marketing.

Yeah, China. Canada is CA.

The reason I'm always unsure about that is the great state of California...

derExperte

can someone explain me why I have most games in new bundlestars bundle, if I don't buy EA games usually and don't remember buying any of those that I have. That's like dark secret I need to uncover to continue with a story.

Do you also find origami paper animals around your house?

Obscure Heavy Rain reference because blackouts.

I'm still unsure whether I should buy Styx: Master of Shadows or not.

I'm in the mood for a stealth game now, this one looks cool, and it's very decently priced, but as always with everything published by Focus Home Interactive, it might be very average.

Vuze

wow i need to play this game. are there any jump scares or people chasing after u like amnesia etc?
Yes, there is one undead chasing you but you can basically rush through the area and use guide to solve the puzzle at the end. I can't handle this shit and was lucky enough to avoid being "scared" by it. Sort of a downer for me personally that they used such cheap stuff... game atmosphere is extremly tense as is, didn't need it at all.
In the Mines, after the "Don't go further" sign.

---

Wee, Smash is officially out in Germany already :p #TagDerDeutschenEinheitSwag
Too bad I don't care about it :x

---

Btw, somebody opened a thread at the Squenix board regarding the prohibitrunincountries tag of Sleeping Dawgs Definitive. It's basically Dead Rising 3 scenario all over again sigh. No idea why pubs or their lawyers think it's their duty to prohibit the use of the software in Germany. Well anyway, if some fellow German SteamGAFfers want to chime in: http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5051&p=55816

Milamber

Speaking of 3DS's, this may be the first N3DS I buy if it comes NTSC side...
irWPkaL.jpg
L9x1qv8.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Arthea

Sometimes, when you're sleeping, a spider crawls up your nose and digs into your brain, assuming control of your body while you're none the wiser.

It suddenly makes perfect sense! I keep several spiders at my home
(this part is actually true, I'm not kidding for once)
but I was sure they are no mind controlling type. But it explains everything! and I used to blame Jasec, sorry buddy, not anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are you trying to scare Zkylon (and Copons) out of SteamGAF?

I'm sure I've no idea what you're talking about. *twirls moustache*

why oh why did i spend $18 on CSGO gun skins earlier today :(

ive reached my limit for monthly spending on video games

At this point I feel as though, by the time I finally get back into playing CS online, I'll be the only one using the original skins. :p Using one of my own holds no allure to me at all.

Saty

So not only is Planetary Annihilation released by what many called very buggy and incomplete, but not even a mere month since the game is already 50% off, screwing early adopters and those who put their trust into the devs.

Turfster

1.3 gig rise of the triad update. Why? Who knows!
I really wish more devs would actually use the news section, especially when doing a rather large update like this.

dot

Wait, FFXIII is gonna be 30gb? I gotta delete more stuff for that then ;-;
It suddenly makes perfect sense! I keep several spiders at my home
(this part is actually true, I'm not kidding for once)
but I was sure they are no mind controlling type. But it explains everything! and I used to blame Jasec, sorry buddy, not anymore.
..........what

Arthea

Depends on whether it's behind a glass case or skittering about with wanton abandon.

nah, they freely roam where they want, but that might change seeing as instead of growing into gigantic spiders I can unleash on the world they are mind controlling me into buying more and more gamez.

..........what
You should be happy it's 30GB, that means we are getting PS3 version port not Xbox360 one.

I told you before, spiders are cool!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lovely Planet -- MB-B153DDB765262E5D - Taken by louiedog. 19 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky -- MB-D0361FB7A507BC73 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 7 entrants total.
I accidentally bought the FPS Redux bundle twice. Bundles have gotten out of control. Ugh. Well, my waste of money is your gain.
Chrome -- MB-D7CD8A1A1CBF7407 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-4E4E7E4E8121E92C - Taken by tuseday. 1 entrants total.
Steam Bandits: Outpost -- MB-AA5DAC92659CB8C4 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Iron Storm -- MB-B689580A1E8BBD15 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars -- MB-994EFC2F3DCC4225 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-D90451D038756767 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
3089 -- MB-FEA722E1F7350841 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-8B02B896FE8451C6 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 -- MB-2D82D78F3D000AAD - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-9815F49784F5AD2E - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Dark Raid -- MB-FE4E69020230E9F6 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.

t1412272458z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1.3 gig rise of the triad update. Why? Who knows!
I really wish more devs would actually use the news section, especially when doing a rather large update like this.
For that game I don't see the point. There are an infinite number of bugs and they will never fix them all. Just assume they fixed a random selection of equally ridiculous broken things.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I woke up today expecting to play some Assassin's Creed III before work, but the Ubi server is still down. It's been almost 24 hours and they haven't even mentioned it.

That's the Uplay seal of quality® though.

New Bundle stars Evolution Bundle (early access) (3.49$/3.19€)

Colossal Kaiju Combat: Kaijuland Battles
Freaking Meatbags
Fancy Skulls
Steam Bandits: Outpost
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars
Dreaming Sarah

Kaiju Combat? I can feel the storm.

Not sure if I want to buy that bundle though, so I might wait some more.

kudoboi

I will simply pretend that I didn't read this.

On the second of the month? D:

I actually go by the credit card bill so it would reset on the 7th. No idea if it would still be that low by then though. The limit is arbitrary but I follow it because I don't want to over spend too much on video games.

..........what

Sounds like someone needs to save up for a new hard drive.
Or play some games so you can, y'know, delete them when you're done. ;)

Grumpy frost is best frost. So cute. Someone ask if.... wait, I'll do it myself....

So is the Planetary Annihilation Digital Deluxe Commander Bundle worth it? What do the commanders do? http://store.steampowered.com/app/321580/

Grumpy frost is payday frost. :p

I will simply pretend that I didn't read this.

On the second of the month? D:

Oh, it's like that, huh? I see how it is...
And just after I was thinking you were pretty fucking awesome for not caring about smash.

Until another bad game comes out.

tumblr_nb1l3i2FYH1ti28sro1_500.gif

Khronico

You should probably wait to see if the EU4 DLC gets an even bigger discount at some point this weekend.

Hmm, maybe your right. I think I'll wait.

Also the amount of dlc for CK2 is ridiculous. As much as I liked CK2, Just buying the stuff I want (major content expansions) is way over my budget.

I might just settle with getting the Vicky2 DLC...

So not only is Planetary Annihilation released by what many called very buggy and incomplete, but not even a mere month since the game is already 50% off, screwing early adopters and those who put their trust into the devs.

That sucks for them, but hopefully a lesson was learn: WAIT. HOLD. WAIT & HOLD. Once the game is out, then decide if it's worth your money. Otherwise, you get what you pay for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The best bit? Buying the game during Early Access was supposed to grant you the following extras:

Theta Commander: Commanders are at the center of your faction in PA. The Theta commander is a unique shell design only available to those who purchase the game in Early Access or pre-purchase the title at a later date. It is a distinguishing symbol of your support.

Soundtrack: The PA Soundtrack is the game&#8217;s score by Howard Mostrom and recorded by a live orchestra. It will be yours via digital download when the game is released.

Desktop Wallpaper: This is the official full release Planetary Annihilation wallpaper and will come in a variety of resolutions for you to choose. (Design to be finalized by release.)

Digital Artbook: From early concept sketches to full renders, this is a compilation of the art and design that went into PA.

But this can't be done because the game has been out of Early Access for a month now and the devs didn't make a post-EA sub, meaning it's impossible to grant the incentives to Early Access buyers without also giving them to those who've bought the game during its post-launch period thus far. If I didn't buy the game through a trader I'd be pressing Valve for a refund.

I might just settle with getting the Vicky2 DLC...

If you don't have AHD/HoD I would highly suggest getting those. They make Victoria 2 a much better game to play. It's a much bigger gap over the original game than either of the last two EU4 expansions were (though those are still well worth picking up IMO).

kudoboi

Your first problem is that you actually spent money on gun skins.

image.php

also, screw you maty

Well it actually started off with me just buying a few 10 cent gun skins because I had extra wallet funds from cards. I then realized that I tend to use guns with skins on them a lot more often. Eg I had a gun skin for the galil and I would choose to use that gun over something like the AK just because there was a skin on it. So yeah within the past week I spent around $25 to $30 to get a skin for every single gun I have.

Lain

Leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-7F044A4266FB4266 - Taken by darkchewie
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-8B36F7BB64EC2512 - Taken by Saty
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-E6788CAFD5E08DB9 - Taken by Tesseract
Iron Storm -- MB-278EADB5FAC53762 - Taken by bluechox2
Dead Effect -- MB-4D5A9CDCB7CC18E4 - Taken by Purkake4
Epigenesis -- MB-57025D9348ED37D5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom