• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[STEAM] Suicide Squad: KTJL has experienced a ~60% drop in players. It has more reviews than active players

Dazraell

Can’t say I’m surprised. Helldivers 2 is wiping the floor with this trash. Probably cost at least less than half to make also.

Tz3p7HU.png

Oh man, looks like even Arkham Knight after 9 years still generates similar numbers to Suicide Squad after launch
4JK0h1Y.png

aWdwZuh.png

Last edited:

hyperbertha

I don't think they are going to close, but I am very clear that layoffs are coming and the first will be the directors and heads of the Studio. If it is already a trend in the industry...imagine for a Studio that has just had a completely failed project.

Personally I think it's a pretty decent game and great production values. But it was definitely born with everything to lose from the moment it disappointed the great mass of Rockstedy followers when they discovered what type of game it was. The rest has been a snowball.
It most definitely isn't a decent game.

LordCBH

WB will keep having money pit bombas if they insist everything be a shitty GAAS going forward. You’d think after HL moved 24 million units, and SS bombed they’d learn a lesson.

Last edited:
A lot of bloviating here but fact of the matter is your initial statement as you phrased it was just plain wrong. And I corrected it. So I’m not sure what this wall of text is
You didn't correct anything, all you did was mention some irrelevant comments from a handful of people from over a decade ago.

Neither do the people on steam, your point is literally moot! Thats called purchase justification,
What you are doing here is just silencing any opinion that doesn't agree with your views, perhaps there are a few reviews that are doing this "purchase justification" or whatever, but to actually believe that none of them had a positive experience and the only explanation is that they are just fucked in the head is just showing your own bias, dogma even, and nothing will convince you otherwise.
not the guy you keep harrassing.
You seem way too triggered by something.
He quoted me, and apologised for jumping the gun even. Go take a breath.
If Steam players are enjoying the game so much why has its already small player base plummeted?
The consensus seems to be that the endgame is weak, so it's not surprising if the players who had a positive experience with the story are done with it for now.

I feel those two fan bases don't cross over very much, hence why SSKJL won't do well.
Sure, that's fine, but a game not being what you wanted doesn't make it trash; I understand that it might be disappointing, but just move on instead of wasting your energy hating something that's not for you, or try it and form your own opinion.

Krieger

There are more people playing Farming Simulator 19, CoD Black Ops 3 and fucking Fishing Planet than Suicide Squad. Just mercy kill this piece of shit and refund everyone, because there is no saving it.

You didn't correct anything, all you did was mention some irrelevant comments from a handful of people from over a decade ago.
“People just wanted rocksteady to make Arkham 5 and make Batman games until the end of time”

“A sizable portion of gamers were completely content with their take on a plethora of other heroes and hero groups”

Have a seat dude. Take your L with some dignity

Last edited:

simpatico

Going into work tomorrow and telling the boss we should stop making the products that our customers love. We need to make something no one asked for just so we don't have to keep making the same thing until the end of time.

“A sizable portion of gamers were completely content with their take on a plethora of other heroes and hero groups”
Keep mentioning your irrelevant comments from a handful of people from over a decade ago if you really want to, but they aren't suddenly going to become relevant.

Keep mentioning your irrelevant comments from a handful of people from over a decade ago if you really want to, but they aren't suddenly going to become relevant.
“It’s uhhh irrelevant despite the fact that it directly addressed what I said head on because uhhh because that’s best for my narrative that I’ve made up”

Also what’s your source on a “handful”? You keep saying that I don’t know where you’re getting it from

“It’s uhhh irrelevant despite the fact that it directly addressed what I said head on because uhhh because that’s best for my narrative that I’ve made up”
And we are done here since you are unable to have a conversation like an adult. Moving on; have a good day 👍

Sure, that's fine, but a game not being what you wanted doesn't make it trash;

This does not apply when that game is using an IP with an established canon and fanbase. These developers have appropriated the work of others and twisted it with the arrogance of believing that people should accept it and shut up. Its mediocrity is just an add-on.

Let's imagine the future TLOU 3 as the best game ever made, a 10/10 in everything. But then we find out that Ellie is pansexual, lives with a chad, and has gotten a boob job. I can tell you what fans would say about the game. Rightfully so.

This does not apply when that game is using an IP with an established canon and fanbase. These developers have appropriated the work of others and twisted it with the arrogance of believing that people should accept it and shut up.
It always applies, I dropped rick and morty over the voice changes, but if people are still enjoying it I can't call it trash, heck I might even enjoy it if I gave it a chance, but I'm not going to because I personally can't get over the voice changes; it's not for me so I moved on.
And going by this post, it looks like most of the previous core/lead developers are still there, so nothing was "appropriated".
Let's imagine the future TLOU 3 as the best game ever made, a 10/10 in everything. But then we find out that Ellie is pansexual, lives with a chad, and has gotten a boob job. I can tell you what fans would say about the game.
bit of an extreme example lol, but if it's a 10/10 game best ever made, then I certainly wouldn't call it trash no, I'd be disappointed and move on.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh so it's the new palworld then?

No, Palworld is dying but it's still the 2nd most played game on Steam right now.

Suicide Squad is 248.

Holammer

Meanwhile, Helldivers 2, which hasn't got a major IP license or a beloved veteran studio behind it, is killing it, server issues and all.

Someone clearly never played Magicka (2011). It was a monster hit for its time and remained a PC exclusive because of the complex controls.

chance-card-vintage-monopoly-go-directly-to-jail-design-turnpike.jpg

Hot5pur

Still fully intend on getting this but on a sale and playing co-op.
There can only be so many "forever" games, I'm ok with a game that gives me a good 20-30 hr that's a mix of story and endgame. Moving on to something new is usually more fun anyway, unless you care about being competitive, then it can stretch to hundreds of hours.

Top Bottom