• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

bout to finish it

zlCfzSG68ywkPVes5l

zlCfzSHEzH0ETK5MGx

best res
You should celebrate by giving me a copy. Thanks!

Man, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Mac version is kinda not good. It wouldn't run at all after I had installed it, so I had a peek at the Steam Community Forum for it. Apparently, the Mac version is just the Windows version in a Wine wrapper. After following some instructions I found here, I ended up installing a new version of Wine and XQuartz, I was able to play for about 30 minutes before the game crashed on me. I found the game to be interesting, and the combat system unique, but I just uninstalled it. I shouldn't have had to do the things I needed to do to play the game (even though it took a few minutes and wasn't difficult). I guess it's a good thing, since I have a huge backlog, and I'll wait until I have a proper gaming PC to play it (I only have an early 2011 Macbook Pro with Bootcamp and not enough HD space on the Win7 side due to having a few large games installed there).

Now I'm gonna finish up Shadowrun Returns (I'm close to the end) and The Fall (which I checked out for an hour last night and found to be incredibly interesting!)

Arthea

It just occurred to me, that this sale became legendary, because I won 3 giveaways (still can't believe it).
I'll probably leave Original Sin for weekend, to have more time with it.

Battleblock theater was fun, until I tried bonus levels, now I don't want to play it ever again (><)
just kidding, although I'll leave it for now
so how is coop in this one?

Yeah I've been trying to complete that badge by trading other cards for it, but the prices are insane. Dat brand name.

I don't even have time for idling anymore, but I probably should at least idle Halo, until prices are high. Still, I would prefer to play it, at least some.
working all day really gets in a way of playing games and idling for cards, but at least it is useful for sales.

It just occurred to me, that this sale became legendary, because I won 3 giveaways (still can't believe it).
I'll probably leave Original Sin for weekend, to have more time with it.

Battleblock theater was fun, until I tried bonus levels, now I don't want to play it ever again (><)
just kidding, although I'll leave it for now
so how is coop in this one?
If you mean online co-op, then I dunno. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on netcode. As for gameplay itself, I did some local co-op and it was FANTASTIC. Parts of the levels change a bit compared to the single player ones so you need to try to work as a team to get past certain parts. Switches you need to hold down to let the other person cross, throwing them to reach higher places so they can help you up, Murdering each other by throwing each other into spikes and lasers, etc.

It's great!

Arthea

If you mean online co-op, then I dunno. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on netcode. As for gameplay itself, I did some local co-op and it was FANTASTIC. Parts of the levels change a bit compared to the single player ones so you need to try to work as a team to get past certain parts. Switches you need to hold down to let the other person cross, throwing them to reach higher places so they can help you up, Murdering each other by throwing each other into spikes and lasers, etc.

It's great!

I thought so, it seems like a game made for coop, riding that SS FriendShip and all!

I just idle for cards all day long while I'm at work using SAM.

can't do, unfortunately

I don't even have time for idling anymore, but I probably should at least idle Halo, until prices are high. Still, I would prefer to play it, at least some.
working all day really get's in a way of playing games and idling for cards, but at least it is useful for sales.

I just idle for cards all day long while I'm at work using SAM.

Edit: Ah, well that's a bummer. :(

I barely even post in those, I mostly just lurk.
Trying to change that and start to post more.
I usually start lurking if I don't have the game yet, or if I've finished it. I dunno why I do the second thing, since you'd think I could actually have better discussions after beating the game, but nah.

Anustart

This thread has grown beyond the power of moderators. Nothing can stop it now. This thread will live on until the winter sale, for glory!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I just ventured outside of SteamGAF into the MGR vs Ground Zeroes thread and I am legit shook..

*hold me*

Some assholes started insulting me in the World Cup thread the other day for no reason. Some other moron also flamed me a month ago because I said that Capcom fucked up last gen.

Luckily, SteamGaf is an exception and people have been mostly nice to me here.

Mono

I usually start lurking if I don't have the game yet, or if I've finished it. I dunno why I do the second thing, since you'd think I could actually have better discussions after beating the game, but nah.

The OPs are super useful in those kinds of threads, so I usually just stare at them and never post. :X

Some assholes started insulting me in the World Cup thread the other day for no reason. Some other moron also flamed me a month ago because I said that Capcom fucked up last gen.

People tend to be hyperbolic as fuck about everything. It drives me nuts. They'd rather initiate ad hominem rather than rebut your points properly.
The OPs are super useful in those kinds of threads, so I usually just stare at them and never post. :X
I used to do that. :D

Beelzebubs

SteamGaf too busy with backlogs to throw around insults.

Ozium

This guy is arguing that Ground Zeroes is longer than Rising, and that Rising sucks because Raiden is in it and It's made by Platinum whose best game is Bayonetta, which he rates a 7/10 and says the gameplay of is boring, but the story/character was cool.

The Gameplay of Bayonetta was boring..

I can't even...

I used to hang out in the LEGO thread a lot, but that got expensive after a while.
Not much better here, I know.
Was in the Borderlands thread for a while too. I also lurk Figure GAF sometimes and the Austin/Central Texas thread. SteamGAF is where I call home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom