• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is arguing that Ground Zeroes is longer than Rising, and that Rising sucks because Raiden is in it and It's made by Platinum whose best game is Bayonetta, which he rates a 7/10 and says the gameplay of is boring, but the story/character was cool.

The Gameplay of Bayonetta was boring..

I can't even...
Hold the phone.

In what universe is Ground Zeroes longer than Rising?

zkylon

zkylewd
When I launch the launcher it say Enemy Within and an option for Enemy Unknown.

I chose Within cause I thought it was the first game and Unknown is the second.

oh, forgot

i think you should go with within anyways

like it's not replacing the main game afaik, it's just adding to it

i guess they give you the option so you can play like vanilla version if you have the expansion

I'm not usually posting on GAF as a whole
( I never did)
but I just wanted to say thanks to all SteamGAF for being awesome.

And a special thanks for everyone who did giveaways!

Mono

iWCfQklxq3kL8.gif

Crab mods are all you need.

I think I need this magical dapper mud crab mod, holy hell.

Arthea

ya, I prefer reading to posting too, but somehow I end up posting a whole lot in steam threads, it's because steamgaf threads are mostly civil and laid-back, until BioInf or Borderlands are mentioned (><)

Red

Looking back I may have spent more than I planned, but after not buying anything substantial on Steam in a year or two it is nice to have refreshed my library with more great content. Would have liked to have picked up Enslaved and Antichamber but oh well, there's always next time.

Also, a nice surprise: came home to a gift of Natural Selection 2 from one very generous GAFfer (D.R.E.R. on Steam).

Every purchase makes me feel like I am closing the gap between what I want and what I have, but then I remember there are still nearly 200 games on my wish list.

It is good to be a PC gamer.

Unicorn

Dang son where were you during the Summer Sale when were getting it for under $25?

I was here, not entering the giveaways because I thought it was some other kind of game. I don't know why I didn't bother looking into it haha.

Also, I'm broke. I got away with spending like $4 this sale. I even feel like I spent too much at that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Some assholes started insulting me in the World Cup thread the other day for no reason. Some other moron also flamed me a month ago because I said that Capcom fucked up last gen.

Luckily, SteamGaf is an exception and people have been mostly nice to me here.

i heard some asshole calls you Inferior MK Ninja too

I was here, not entering the giveaways because I thought it was some other kind of game. I don't know why I didn't bother looking into it haha.

Also, I'm broke. I got away with spending like $4 this sale. I even feel like I spent too much at that.

You should update your profile to include your Steam profile URL

Toki767

Some assholes started insulting me in the World Cup thread the other day for no reason. Some other moron also flamed me a month ago because I said that Capcom fucked up last gen.

As much as I enjoy certain sports, I would never enter a sports thread. WrassleGAF being the exception if you consider that a sport.

Same here, only bought the Wolf Among Us. Being broke sucks, a couple of years ago I could buy games without a second thought.
On the bright side, the games I want will be even cheaper during the winter sale.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
ya, I prefer reading to posting too, but somehow I end up posting a whole lot in steam threads, it's because steamgaf threads are mostly civil and laid-back, until BioInf or Borderlands are mentioned (><)

I rarely come into Steamgaf except for the sales threads and I have to agree that the posts are mostly civil and people tend to avoid arguing about silly things. Maybe the sales make people go zen or something. I shall visit steamgaf more often.

It really is staggering out there.

I had my ID listed? How do you mean? As in, change my 'website' to the Steam ID URL?

It's always easier to add someone as a friend on Steam if your Steam profile URL is visible. It's harder to search by user name because multiple people can have the same user name, so we wouldn't know who to send the friend request to.

I don't mind getting gifted stuff, but when the person doing it has less games than I do, and they're gifting me something that they have wishlisted, I'd rather they just got it for themselves first, you know?

If I had money I'd probably be doing that too :x

Ozium

I don't mind getting gifted stuff, but when the person doing it has less games than I do, and they're gifting me something that they have wishlisted, I'd rather they just got it for themselves first, you know?

If I had money I'd probably be doing that too :x

I had a friend of mine gift me antichamber when it was full price because he was interested in it but wanted my opinion of it before he bought it..

people are strange

Unicorn

It's always easier to add someone as a friend on Steam if your Steam profile URL is visible. It's harder to search by user name because multiple people can have the same user name, so we wouldn't know who to send the friend request to.

So, just put the whole url in the Steam ID section on my GAF profile?

edit:
nvm, I just saw your profile and copied how you did yours. Thanks for the heads up.

Monooboe

I had a friend of mine gift me antichamber when it was full price because he was interested in it but wanted my opinion of it before he bought it..

people are strange

Haha that is quite funny. Maybe it wasn't about money more about time, he wanted to know if it was worth playing.

tylerf

I have this weird thing going on with Spelunky where I quit after dying a bunch of times in 15 minutes and then immediately want to go back playing again 10 minutes later.

Chariot

jbzfB9jBuzUiXW.png

Goddamn, stop gifting me stuff, I already got this sale more games through gifts than I actually bought for myself D: All of you guys are so great.
#GAF World Problems :(

I had my ID listed? How do you mean? As in, change my 'website' to the Steam ID URL?

Your ID is worthless as they aren't unique. The only way for people to find you is your URL... listed under permalink on the right side of your Steam profile page

EDIT: beaten like mule.

Unicorn

Same here, only bought the Wolf Among Us. Being broke sucks, a couple of years ago I could buy games without a second thought.
On the bright side, the games I want will be even cheaper during the winter sale.

Yeah. 6 months ago I was raking in almost 2k/mo - could buy whatever I want, blah blah. School schedule radically shifted and now I'm buying Spicy McChickens off the dollar menu once a week to treat myself. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom