• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I want more couch gaming. Even though I have a controller, some games need the keyboard and mouse, in games like Plants Vs Zombies.

How do I most comfortably (mostly family who wants to sit at the couch) play with the keyboard and mouse on a sofa/bed?

Grief.exe

I want more couch gaming. Even though I have a controller, some games need the keyboard and mouse, in games like Plants Vs Zombies.

How do I most comfortably (mostly family who wants to sit at the couch) play with the keyboard and mouse on a sofa/bed?

Steam Controller.

TBA 2015.

Something like this? Search Amazon for "breakfast tray."

2qnPC2jl.jpg

Caerith

Same here, only bought the Wolf Among Us. Being broke sucks, a couple of years ago I could buy games without a second thought.
On the bright side, the games I want will be even cheaper during the winter sale.

Yep. Someday, I keep telling myself, I'll be back on top and able to repay everyone's generosity.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks Bernardo for Talisman but ffs guys stop gifting me...

you know what? no. no.

thats how you want to play it Gaf? Fine! Fine!! Keep gifting me games. Go on

Go on, bring it!

wwe_the_rock_says_bring_it-42991.gif

Yeah. 6 months ago I was raking in almost 2k/mo - could buy whatever I want, blah blah. School schedule radically shifted and now I'm buying Spicy McChickens off the dollar menu once a week to treat myself. LOL

You have excellent taste.

I'm a college student myself, so I do the same thing.

Monooboe

Yeah. 6 months ago I was raking in almost 2k/mo - could buy whatever I want, blah blah. School schedule radically shifted and now I'm buying Spicy McChickens off the dollar menu once a week to treat myself. LOL

I had some planned work fall thru so it got to that point where I put suger into my water to get some calories.XD At least this sale I found other ways to buy games, either by selling a ton of cards or by trading TF2 keys.:D

Unicorn

I had some planned work fall thru so it got to that point where I put suger into my water to get some calories.XD At least this sale I found other ways to buy games, either by selling a ton of cards or by trading TF2 keys.:D

Oh yeah. Last time I was this broke I was in an apartment with an unemployed friend, working as a bagger at a local grocery store, raking in 8 hours a week, stealing our Bakery trash to bring home to eat and putting mustard into my ramen for a "hot cooked meal."

Luckily I have an absolutely amazing girlfriend right now that has been buying all the food, so I haven't reached that level yet, haha. Also, moving back home with the fam has helped a lot, since no rent.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

you know what? no. no.

Go on, bring it!

Oh don't worry, I've already found the perfect game to get you when it goes on sale again, since you don't have it.

i6Fc0nl8XaSv3.gif

Caerith

IKEA makes a laptop table that's really really nice for kb/m on the couch. It's basically this:
206919332_92e7b5cdc2_z.jpg

You can pull it all the way up to the couch if you want to slouch or lie down. It's small-ish so you can keep it off to the side for those games you play with a gamepad but sometimes need a keyboard for (FFXIV, for instance). I've been using it for years.

The only drawback is that the table, called "Dave," isn't made anymore, and has been replaced by the almost-identical "Svartasen" (which might be just as good or might be crap, who knows).

you guys are crazy with all your gifting. I only had enough spare cash to gift two games, and even then they were pretty cheap ones at that(but good games tho)

Chariot

you guys are crazy with all your gifting. I only had enough spare cash to gift two games, and even then they were pretty cheap ones at that(but good games tho)
Well, at some point steam sales become dull, because you basically have every deal and/or your backlog sitting behind you, scracht your neck with a silverknife.
Also some people are very good at robbing banks.

Toki767

I do feel bad for entering The Witcher 3 giveaways when I know my computer could never run it.

On the other hand, I have 7 months to build a new computer.

SirNinja

I'm surprised that the Halo: Spartan Assault cards are still going for so much. I would have expected them to dip below 20c by now, guess not.

It's not as popular a game as most people think, at least not on Steam. While sales data is unknown, there's never been more than 642 people playing it at once (according to SteamCharts). For a game that inexpensive and from such a popular franchise, those are extremely low numbers, even for an offshoot game.

Now if Halo 1 or 2 PC would ever get onto Steam (and have trading cards)...that'd be a different story for sure.

Thief blows, MGS Rising is shit Ikaruga is Hentai garbage and a shitty fuckign 2d shooter, seriously though, for real, who plays that shit it's 20 fucking 14. Other two are indie shit.
Rapture happened, we are all here, cuz everyone here is a shitlord
If only there was a giveaway with your virginity, even then you wouldn't lose it

Your future looks bright...

Mono

I do feel bad for entering The Witcher 3 giveaways when I know my computer could never run it.

On the other hand, I have 7 months to build a new computer.

Same here. :X I just want to believe that it will run on my computer and refuse to accept otherwise! My computer has a hard time running The Witcher 2. I need to build a better computer as well!

Mono

IKEA makes a laptop table that's really really nice for kb/m on the couch. It's basically this:

You can pull it all the way up to the couch if you want to slouch or lie down. It's small-ish so you can keep it off to the side for those games you play with a gamepad but sometimes need a keyboard for (FFXIV, for instance). I've been using it for years.

The only drawback is that the table, called "Dave," isn't made anymore, and has been replaced by the almost-identical "Svartasen" (which might be just as good or might be crap, who knows).

That's awesome!
I wish I had a sofa.

Looks like it might be more comfortable with a controller, though, since you don't have to sit so close to it.

Damn, that's exactly what I need, although I'm not sure the feet will fit under my couch.

Lain

you know what? no. no.

Go on, bring it!

I wanted to gift you Volgarr, but I ended up without money. I guess it'll be next time.

Cat looks mad about the cat on the screen. I fear there was violence.

Chariot

Hope somebody joins this giveaway, you jsut have to make picture or write something, nothing big.

How it works:

- go to the animedreammachine an generate anime, until you have one you can work with and submit it
I just realized that the dreammachine has not only one bug. Just make a screenshot of the generated anime then
- write or draw a gameconcept for the offfical game of said anime
- send me a pm with the picture of your generated anime and your picture or text
- I will decide by my own arbitrariness who wins while laughing manically
- first place picks first one game out of these three, then second place choose one of the remaining two and third place just get the last one
- you have 24 hours from the moment the original post was posted
t1404215400z0.png

todahawk

I have a Dave and i love it. I use it most of the time for my laptop but also for my wireless keyboard & mouse when I hookup my pc to my tv. It's nice.

Durante

Ha! I'm using this exact thing (in red) to write this post right now.

Caerith

That's awesome!
I wish I had a sofa.

Looks like it might be more comfortable with a controller, though, since you don't have to sit so close to it.
The person in that picture didn't pull it all the way in. I just checked mine (a Dave) and the very front of the stand (the adjustor knob) is 9" from the front of the table, so she could probably pull that thing another 3-4" closer.

Damn, that's exactly what I need, although I'm not sure the feet will fit under my couch.
The top of the feet are 1.25" off the floor.

Ha! I'm using this exact thing (in red) to write this post right now.

Mine is also red :)

Monooboe

That looks exactly like my other cat!o_O Even fat like he is.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom