• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar blade demo on PS5 (revoked from PSN as mistake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting old because I feel like I'm the only one who actually is excited for this because the game looks fucking fun, not because of the digital ass cheeks lol.

I'm straight so shit looks nice but I don't get the combo of horny and gaming. I was legit excited when it turned out there are outfits other than Atlanta Strip Club Circa 2011 😂

Hope the demo gets uploaded again soon because this game legit looks really good and I'm in Day 1 if the combat holds up.

Kazdane

I'm getting old because I feel like I'm the only one who actually is excited for this because the game looks fucking fun, not because of the digital ass cheeks lol.

I'm straight so shit looks nice but I don't get the combo of horny and gaming. I was legit excited when it turned out there are outfits other than Atlanta Strip Club Circa 2011 😂

Hope the demo gets uploaded again soon because this game legit looks really good and I'm in Day 1 if the combat holds up.
Not alone. I'm interested in the gameplay. Yes, Eve's looks are a super nice bonus (I'm not blind, lol) but the game itself is what looks fun, and I'm in the same boat, the game looks fun to play and I hope it holds when I can finally play the demo

Last edited:

kikii

Any news on Photo Mode? If not, does it mean it will be released in a later patch for 60 USD?

TuPylmq.png
okee thats =D

Needlecrash

Just finished playing the demo. Here are my impressions:

• EVE, the main character, is SUCH A FUCKING DELIGHT TO LOOK AT.
  • Environments are pretty detailed.
  • Played it on Performance mode. Solid 60 fps, 0 drops.
  • Completing the demo unlocks the Boss Challenge mode, in which there are other body suits that are unlocked.
  • Beat the demo boss "Abaddon" in one shot. At this point, combat really started to CLICK big time and it felt good taking the boss down.
  • EVE has a "Shield" mechanic. You can only block attacks for so long until it runs out. Shield regenerates over time. Blocking without your shield active will result in blocking damage, less damage when blocking with no shield.
  • Some enemies have shields as well. Lower their shields with perfect blocking.
  • Base Camps are in the game. They are like an upgraded "bonfire" in which you can craft new body suits, craft items and upgrade your weapon. These differ than the regular camps since the base camps are bigger in size and has a canopy that opens up when you activate it.
  • Similar to Lies of P, there are songs you can have play while you're chilling in the camp or base camp.
  • You can practice your combos and technique when you're in camp or base camp. This is VERY useful, as you need to figure out how the flow of combat works, counters, evasions, perfect parries, etc.
  • There aren't levels that EVE gain. Just upgrade your stats.
  • HP increases are found within the body core of dead lady soldiers. First health upgrade requires you to find 3 body cores.
  • There is currency in the game, in which you use to buy things.
  • EVE "levels up" by exploring the world/humans and beating enemies. By beating enemies you gain XP. Gain enough XP to earn a skill point, similar to Sekiro.
  • You learn skills via accessing the skill tree at a "bonfire"
  • Gained XP isn't lost upon death.
  • "Bonfires" are in this game. Get to them to rest up your character, learn new skills and purchase consumables (Potions) and offensive consumables (Grenades, etc). Like the Soulslike games, resting at "bonfire" restores your health and "potions"/flasks and resets enemies in the area that were beaten before.
  • Combat is overall solid.
    • Can mix up light attacks and heavy attacks.
    • Combat skills require "Beta Stock" and they are pretty strong.
    • Perfect Parrying and Perfect Dodging are your friend. USE THEM. You'll thank me later.
    • The flow of combat feels....kinda stocky. It doesn't feel like it has a natural flow to it like Devil May Cry 5 does.
    • You can learn Perfect Dodging early in the game and you can Perfect Parry.
    • Some enemies have "stances", indicated by a yellow circle under their life gauge. You need to Perfect Parry the enemies attacks to get it to 0 so they become "groggy" in which you can perform a critical attack...SOUNDS FAMILIAR TO YOU, LIES OF P PLAYERS!?
    • So far, the dodging distance doesn't cover much ground, so you're gonna have to be up in your enemies shit a lot.
    • I feel like the flow of combat works best when you perfect dodge and perfect parry, and you can get a sense of how it feels.
    • There have been times in which I Perfect dodged and attempted to Perfect parry after that....which it either didn't come out. This is the result of me running out of the shield to block attacks without taking damage.
  • Music is pretty decent. The combat song plays in the background at a lower volume when you're in an area that has enemies nearby.
  • EVE is a vocal lady! Expect lots of combat yells lol.
Only one of my recordings came through just fine. The 2nd one....not so much. I am REALLY feeling this game. Once you get used to the combat, it's really a treat. Skill Up has done a great job here folks. I'd recommend buying it.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

The only insane thing is that Sony is working with sweet baby inc woke bs.
This is normal attractive body and many people look like that. Not even nude.
This is how things were and how they should be. Not this woke bs
Not in murica though...

The average woman there be like
Dance Work GIF

Where I'm at in EU I've seen girls with proportions like Eve in the frickin' subway of all places,having pants so tight you could see her cameltoe and their ass popping like a damn balloon while having an hourglass overall shape.Nevermind the clubs where there's gorgeous hot girls everywhere.

It's only in America and UK where the woke virus is strongest you see these shitty notions that average girls don't look hot or sexy just because in those places they actually don't. Most women want to look better, it's only these ugly mentally challenged ones that instead of bettering themselves to reach that level preffer to bring everyone down to their uglyass level.

Imagine if,as men,when were watching action stars like Arnie,Stallone,Carl Weathers,etc instead of hitting the gym trying to better ourselves to look like them we'd just talk to the newspaper to cancel them and their movies saying how the average guy don't look like that and it makes us all look bad.

Valt7786

Not in murica though...

The average woman there be like
Dance Work GIF

Where I'm at in EU I've seen girls with proportions like Eve in the frickin' subway of all places,having pants so tight you could see her cameltoe and their ass popping like a damn balloon while having an hourglass overall shape.Nevermind the clubs where there's gorgeous hot girls everywhere.

It's only in America and UK where the woke virus is strongest you see these shitty notions that average girls don't look hot or sexy just because in those places they actually don't. Most women want to look better, it's only these ugly mentally challenged ones that instead of bettering themselves to reach that level preffer to bring everyone down to their uglyass level.

Imagine if,as men,when were watching action stars like Arnie,Stallone,Carl Weathers,etc instead of hitting the gym trying to better ourselves to look like them we'd just talk to the newspaper to cancel them and their movies saying how the average guy don't look like that and it makes us all look bad.

This guy gets it. And as a UK man myself...he's fuckin right. Our women are horrendous compared to anywhere else in the world.

FeralEcho

This guy gets it. And as a UK man myself...he's fuckin right. Our women are horrendous compared to anywhere else in the world.
I feel for you and It's tragic because it's not the women themselves at fault here, it's the stupid garbage ass media nowadays telling them it's ok to be like that and empowering them to not feel bad looking like shit.

We should feel bad when we look like shit and we should feel bad when we are stupid otherwise how the hell can we ever improve if everything is already perfect.

Jozzer

Banned
As an Englishman, I think our women get a bad wrap. There is a higher class of beautiful women in England, which combined with the well spoken accent, makes them some of the best in the world imo. Unfortunately, they're overshadowed by either, orange faced tarts or blue haired landwhales.

The amount of young women with tattoos these days as well, is disgusting.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's almost as though people have been saying that exact same thing about the supposedly glorious all digital future for literal years. But I guess those years of warnings didn't mean anything until a demo for game featuring a hot girl was revoked.
I bet you a nickel that if your console is online and if they wanted to Sony could reach out through the internet and stop your physical games from running, too.

reinking

Gold Member

I am right there with you. My favorite suits so far are the planet diving suits which show less skin.

Wonko_C

I mean playing this game infront of ya girl of young kids could be absolutely cringe with some of these outfits, lets be honest now
When I was a kid I watched Project A-KO on the Sci Fi channel and seeing those panty shots at my young age all I could think about was how realistically their clothes behaved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
I bet you a nickel that if your console is online and if they wanted to Sony could reach out through the internet and stop your physical games from running, too.
True, but the answer to that is, I take my console offline and use my physical media, as has been the norm since the beginning of video gaming.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I mean playing this game infront of ya girl of young kids could be absolutely cringe with some of these outfits, lets be honest now
How’s that different playing game that has full on sex scenes that you see in most western games? You also shouldn’t play violent games with gore and blood either…..that’s why these games are rated “M” for mature.

Last edited:

SSfox

I was pretty indifferent, but this demo has sold me. Great visuals, runs at a seemingly perfect 60fps, combat feels fantastic. Day one.
Gameplay is the thing I was bit pessimist about,if it's as great as other aspect then we may have a game generation defining game here

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm all in for some cheesecake, it's all good. I want a game with a sex doll for a protagonist. So shoot me.

I won't. It was one of the main appeals in Nier Automata, aside from the cool story and world. I think it's awesome to get such a cool looking sexy character for a protagonist. I know a lot of people are mad at this game due to the presentation here, but people will ALWAYS enjoy this sort of thing (and I'm one of those weirdos that loves spinning the camera around to look at the character from different angles, so I know I will). Sorry if it's not "practical", this pure fantasy. Sorry if you don't feel represented, not every game needs to be for everyone. Sorry if you can't enjoy the beautiful vista 😎

Isa

Its rated mature, you dont play mature games nor watch mature television in front of small children.
Maybe you don't but there are countless people that do not a crap about what they do, say or consume in front of their families. If you think this is bad then I've got some bad news mate. Half of my neighbors do light to hard drugs with their kids around, constant smoke etc. Overblown subwoofers all the time, foul mouths constantly going off shouting expletives at their own children etc.

Many of my coworkers were raised in questionable manners as well, they all got GTA thanks to their parents, now they all have tats and stupid piercings and bad attitudes. But I'm a libertarian and let them be and they do me so that's nice.

On topic the game looks ace. Day 1 for the demo and full release. I'll be playing through with my girlfriend as she's psyched for a new "Nier" game since there's been nothing really since Automata.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The music is this game is coming off as incredible. I wasn't that hyped for it, mostly planned on getting it to show support and help send a message.

Watching this stream last night though, the combat looks awesome and the whole vibe is just so damn cool.

Got it cued up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom