• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

haxan7

Banned
MSFT up 5.0% after hours. It's expectations blew the market. FANGM stocks going wild tomm.

MSFT takes up 14.0% of my portofolio. Bought it at an average price of $154.00 with a total amount of shares of around 4000.

My best stocks today were DKNG, SIG
you have 4000 shares of MSFT? rich mf

DKNG could fall back to low 30's when I bought it. I have it at an average price of $31.87. It worth around $55 imo but with the gambling laws being allowed in NY, VIRGINA etc.

It could easily hit $70 ore more by end of year.
Was eyeing it up when it was DEAC after I made a killing riding SPCE from $9 to $40 last year.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Microsoft will drag cloud and server companies up tomm. I continue to reiterate, AZURE is a beaaaast.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
Papa Elon is the last straw, GME goes to Andromeda already after hours. This is insane but then again "looks at Tesla valuation".
Oh who cares I guess it's a retard market for a little bit.

Well if MSFT Azure is going up I hope the APXT spac will finally start moving up as well.

Last edited:
Papa Elon is the last straw, GME goes to Andromeda already after hours. This is insane but then again "looks at Tesla valuation".
Oh who cares I guess it's a retard market for a little bit.

Well if MSFT Azure is going up I hope the APXT spac will finally start moving up as well.

Can't all the whales just sell after hours? Driving down the price before open tomorrow?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
2.5 years too late. Had GME at $13 in summer 2018. Dumped it around $11.

But I always enjoy the ride seeing stocks go wild. Especially if it goes up as more people make money. I'm not a fan of investors trying to bash stocks hoping they crash and burn into bankruptcy. I know that's a valid way to make money too, but it just seems ethically negative.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bed Bath and Beyond stock doing something similar no. Up to $40 now. Was $20 a couple weeks ago.

If you think BBB has room to do something similar, you can try it at $40.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I think you responded to the wrong person. I was asking about interest.
Is that a daily, weekly, yearly interest on borrowed shares?

Depends on the broker. There is something called Negative Rebates.

The market value of the short x (interest rate charged by the broker) x (period at which you're willing to sell) / 365 days.

This determine how much you owe on the MV on the short.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
GME at $240 AH.

ManofOne. With this crazy GME action, how much of it do you think it's massive short covers from scared shitless shorts, and how much is it longs tagging on hoping it keeps going up?

Got to be the shorts panicking right?????

Last edited:
GME at $240 AH.

ManofOne. With this crazy GME action, how much of it do you think it's massive short covers from scared shitless shorts, and how much is it longs tagging on hoping it keeps going up?

Got to be the shorts panicking right?????

I don't have a horse in the race but I'm enjoying watching. I'm curious what all the after hours trading will do when it opens in the morning.

n0razi

GME is crazy lol... Almost want to hop on the short train NOW but the internet is illogical as fuck. That guy on WSB who made millions better be selling some of his shares to lock in his winnings (he probably wont).

Last edited:

HoodWinked

AMC also going nuts aftermarket.

aH5SKqn.png

ManofOne

Plus Member
Looks like my math so off by $500 mil loll. Melvin Capital is fucked. That also assuming GME is the only company they are shorting.

These guys are so fucked. Check out my math:

As of Jan 22 2021 close, they were down 30%. They had 13.1 bn AUM as of Mar 2020 (assuming this doesn't change), that's a loss of $3.9 bn as of Jan 22 2021.
During this time, GME increased $46.95 (from $17.9 to $64.85). AKA for every $11.95 increase in GME price, Melvin loses $1bn. GME price as I am writing this is $103.46. That means:

Since the $2.75bn bailout, Melvin has lost another $3.2 bn or 25%.
When $GME hits ~$175 it'll be game fucking over for Melvin.
-100% loss. They can't restart.

I don't even give a shit about politics anymore. Stonks all the way. I need the market to keep going this way forever.
That’s where I’m at. I know a few in this very thread don’t care for some of my political shit-takes but I think we can all agree this is a money grab no matter who is president and I wish everyone here only the best of luck!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Amazing. Lots of Melvin's short stocks have been targeted and have spiked big lately..... National Beverage, iRobot, Bed Bath Beyond.

Unless this company survives this multi hit attack, they are DOA.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've only done some investing on an old company 401k that was sitting there dormant. I used the 28k in it to buy some stocks two years ago and it's at 70k now. This GME stuff, along with seeing how much my 28k has gone up has inspired me to invest some of my own money. I just opened a brokerage account and moved some money over to start. I'll have missed the GME train most likely by the time the money is there so I am going to look up some good long term stocks in the meantime. Having a pile of money sitting in a savings account earning nothing feels like a waste.

quickwhips

I've only done some investing on an old company 401k that was sitting there dormant. I used the 28k in it to buy some stocks two years ago and it's at 70k now. This GME stuff, along with seeing how much my 28k has gone up has inspired me to invest some of my own money. I just opened a brokerage account and moved some money over to start. I'll have missed the GME train most likely by the time the money is there so I am going to look up some good long term stocks in the meantime. Having a pile of money sitting in a savings account earning nothing feels like a waste.
I have money in amc and black berry. I'm hoping black berry will hit 30+ and amc will hit 15. That's when I will sell.

mango drank

What charting sites do you guys like to use? I'm just starting to learn at things to look for, and I'd like to be able to overlay moving averages, OBV line, etc. Some other fundamentals on the side wouldn't hurt either.

StockCharts.com seems all right, but kinda old. What are some good modern alternatives?

ManofOne

Plus Member
What charting sites do you guys like to use? I'm just starting to learn at things to look for, and I'd like to be able to overlay moving averages, OBV line, etc. Some other fundamentals on the side wouldn't hurt either.

StockCharts.com seems all right, but kinda old. What are some good modern alternatives?

How much money you willing to spend?

ManofOne

Plus Member
I'm still in the early stages, so I don't know what I need yet, just slowly racking up a list of things people say to look at. What are some good pay sites?

Well someone recommended it. FINVIZ.

Persoanlly, just read a lot. Look at the metrics financial analyst use to evaluate stocks, look at how they determine stock returns etc.

Bloomberg, FT, Seeking Alpha, WSJ all good places to start.

quickwhips

What's a charting site. Stonks just go up did you not see gme. Musk even said game stonks.

Top Bottom