• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

HoodWinked

I was last year, but I had to get a loan from my 401k, so I'm not maxing that out now. :(
Question how much did it cost to take out the loan? I think they call it an origination fee? Also when you take out the loan is that amount removed from the 401k? They would have to liquidate those mutual funds to cash it out.

ManofOne

Plus Member
AAPL is a great company. Forever hold stock in my portfolio. Super bullish on them.

People forget that apple has the highest weight in the S&P ( that may not continue going forward) but it is a growth stock that has delivered an annual return of 30.0%. Its weight in the S&P is 7.0%.....I think the top 20 companies account for 35.0% of the S&P (fact check me on that)

KpfbOeP.jpg

Last edited:

Dunki

So as someoen who totally missed the train and just read about all this gamestop stuff. Did these people just break the Stock market? Because they theroetically could do it with EVERY stock right? Who his hindering them? You can not regulate a Reddit community or a group of people. If they continue this with more and more stocks they can bankruptcy these huge investment companies right?

So as someoen who totally missed the train and just read about all this gamestop stuff. Did these people just break the Stock market? Because they theroetically could do it with EVERY stock right? Who his hindering them? You can not regulate a Reddit community or a group of people. If they continue this with more and more stocks they can bankruptcy these huge investment companies right?

I think gamestop being shorted at over 100% put it into this unique position. Sure any stock can be pumped but probably not to this degree otherwise. It's because the shorts HAVE to cover that the price is skyrocketing. I think....

ManofOne

Plus Member
I think gamestop being shorted at over 100% put it into this unique position. Sure any stock can be pumped but probably not to this degree otherwise. It's because the shorts HAVE to cover that the price is skyrocketing. I think....

If they shorting a stock over 100% they'e idiots. They have to cover b/c shares are limited.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Btw the way there is a real danger here and it is a seriously bad one. By allowing this you're essentially tossing out efficient market theory.

Where buyers and sellers determine an efficient price via market interactions. By allowing this you're LOSING market makers. So lets say the price reaches $1000.00

WHO in their right mind is going to buy a stock at $1000? Not the shorts. They may give up at that point. So liquidity becomes a problem so you will see the spread between

the buy and sell become MASSIVE in the on coming selloff since everyone who is holding is trying to sell but NOBODY is buying. So while you may have 100.0% gain today

or tomm. The next day if their is a selloff you may have 50%, 60%, 90% loss because NOBODY is going to want to buy a the price you're selling at. The market is no longer

operating efficiently. This is why I am not touching the stock. It's toxic. Just enjoy the ride.

Those who are early will benefit the most but the ones at the bottom of the triangle will not.

Last edited:
Btw the way there is a real danger here and it is a seriously bad one. By allowing this you're essentially tossing out efficient market theory.

Where buyers and sellers determine an efficient price via market interactions. By allowing this you're LOSING market makers. So lets say the price reaches $1000.00

WHO in their right mind is going to buy a stock at $1000? Not the shorts. They may give up at that point. So liquidity becomes a problem so you will see the spread between

the buy and sell become MASSIVE in the on coming selloff since everyone who is holding is trying to sell but NOBODY is buying. So while you may have 100.0% gain today

or tomm. The next day if their is a selloff you may have 50%, 60%, 90% loss because NOBODY is going to want to buy a the price you're selling at. The market is no longer

operating efficiently. This is why I am not touching the stock. It's toxic. Just enjoy the ride.

Those who are early will benefit the most but the ones at the bottom of the triangle will not.
Wouldn’t shorts be needing those shares to cover though?

Dunki

So this time it is AMC and blackberry? Man they will change the stock market forever. This is history in the making

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
GME at $360 premarket.

GameStop Corp. (GME)​

NYSE - Nasdaq Real Time Price. Currency in USD
In watchlist

147.98+71.19 (+92.71%)
At close: January 26 4:00PM EST
367.80 +220.92 (150.41%)
Before hours: 9:22AM EST

We can only hope.

GME rise up!

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Is GME going to settle or keep going up and down hard like this?

It was just down as low as $260, now back in the 300s minutes later

Last edited:

BigBooper

Is GME going to settle or keep going up and down hard like this?

It was just down as low as $260
I see it staying high until at least Friday, when it could go parabolic or drop some on Monday. No idea what sentiment and momentum will be next week. Don't take my word for it.

Top Bottom