• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Turnt

adae8e13a378b0684bda879de8462185.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fidelity and Vanguard. Good places to have accounts regardless.

Yeah, I've got my 401k with Fidelity and ROTH IRA account with Vanguard. Just never thought to use them for retail stocks until this. I got too comfortable with the slick Robinhood interface.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus... even with all of the troubles yesterday, WSB is up over another million degenerates in 24 hours.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I gotta love how Robinhood of all platforms is halting this. Steal from the rich to give to the poor is what Robin Hood is famous for. The app is literally stealing from the poor and giving it to the rich.

I just cant.

I hope people go to jail over this.

I gotta love how Robinhood of all platforms is halting this. Steal from the rich to give to the poor is what Robin Hood is famous for. The app is literally stealing from the poor and giving it to the rich.

I just cant.

CNBC is all over it blaming the little guy for Robinhood stealing from them.

I fucking hate smug fucks in politics and business.

Dunki

I just cant.

fitting :p

ManofOne

Plus Member
I would like to stress again. That Robinhooders prob borrowed money from Robin Hood to buy GME. If that’s the case Robin Hood has to protect themselves bc if everyone defaults on their loans then Robin Hood won’t be able to recover the full amount.

Dunki

I would like to stress again. That Robinhooders prob borrowed money from Robin Hood to buy GME. If that’s the case Robin Hood has to protect themselves bc if everyone defaults on their loans then Robin Hood won’t be able to recover the full amount.
How does this makes sense? They only fell because they stopped trading in the first place. So in this case people already lost tons of money with their move

ManofOne

Plus Member
How does this makes sense? They only fell because they stopped trading in the first place. So in this case people already lost tons of money with their move

If people were holding calls that expire Friday what you think about have happened. You have to either sell the option, buy it or let it expire.

This was going to happen regardless. They just taking measures to protect themselves

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
If people were holding calls that expire Friday what you think about have happened. You have to either sell the option, buy it or let it expire.

This was going to happen regardless. They just taking measures to protect themselves

That's simply insane though. If Robinhood doesn't restrict trade those options are all in the money. Right now they are engineering the situation where some may expire worthless. They should be sued for every dollar lost by those investors imo. They can set margin rules for buying volatile stocks but I'd rather believe their association to big Wall Street funds is more of an Occam razor story.

Tesseract

Banned
that feel when the internet bankrupts hedge funds while making a profit

Cravis

that feel when the internet bankrupts hedge funds while making a profit

d5jFRzo.gif

Top Bottom