• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
lkMBQxa.jpg

Played this and earned some quick cash, its volume was a perfect set up for this morning. Not another GME thou.
I clearly need to get better at this. Im trying though lol.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like Apple App Store is removing all of the 1 star reviews and not letting anyone do new ones.

Just so gross how coordinated all of this damage control appears.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What? Seriously?

Yep, back at 4.8 when it was at 1 star earlier.

I just tried to submit a 1 star and write a review and it just timed out for me.

ManofOne

Plus Member
LOL. I saw it. What happened? Its not a short ratio attack stock.

These are popping up everywhere. Must be more reddit dogpiling. Unless maybe there's some stupid ginormous news that came out.

Not sure. I don't have reddit open. It just popped up on my screener and fit the bill for a momentum trade. I only trade like $500 thou.

Irobot82

RobinHood isn't allowing me to sell my DogCoin crypto. Are they being slick again? Can anybody else have the ability to "sell" their DodgeCoin?
They probably are. Crypto is fucking tricky. I usually buy my crypto on exchanges and push them to my hard wallet. Does Robinhood allow you to send? If so send to a wallet on Binance or something.

ManofOne

Plus Member
investors should know that there is not much news today surrounding New Concept Energy. In fact, the company has not shared any updates on its website since August. Why then is GBR stock up more than 600%?

For right now, there just may not be a clear explanation. We have seen a rise in speculative penny stocks alongside the r/WallStreetBets rally in GameStop (NYSE:AMC) and AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC). While it is not clear that Redditors are rallying behind New Concept Energy, there is a chance that the Wild West atmosphere may be boosting GBR shares on Thursday.

Aesius

So this single foray into purchasing individual stocks is probably it for me, lol. Even if GME and the other meme stocks skyrocket tomorrow and I make a profit, I'm out. Too stressful. This actually makes me feel better about missing out on Tesla and all the other huge stocks that I've beat myself up over the years. I was only focusing on the potential missed profits and not the general anxiety I feel about being locked into specific stocks (and the ensuing OCD-like behavior of checking their performance).

ManofOne

Plus Member
I'll give the example of Micron or (MU), based on its FCF Micron fair value is around 110. The stock however was running a bit too hot, so saw a drop from its YTD high. Once it went below 50 I would buy. If it reach 30 I would buy more to reduce my average price.

(I won't buy more if there is negative news about the company which is likely to destroy its value)

O7rXvqY.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Webull reenabled GME and AMC buys. Robinhood still obviously not allowing them.

They thought i was laughing at people losing money. They we wrong. Imo respectfully

I said it seemed like you were getting enjoyment out of it. It does. I was happy for you when you got out of a losing position with amc and disappointed for you when you missed an opportunity. You just seem to think it's funny when people lose though.

I haven't lost with gme nor am I mad at you 🤷

Just think it's a little inhumane to laugh at others misfortune.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So this single foray into purchasing individual stocks is probably it for me, lol. Even if GME and the other meme stocks skyrocket tomorrow and I make a profit, I'm out. Too stressful. This actually makes me feel better about missing out on Tesla and all the other huge stocks that I've beat myself up over the years. I was only focusing on the potential missed profits and not the general anxiety I feel about being locked into specific stocks (and the ensuing OCD-like behavior of checking their performance).

I’ve always tried to just play the long game with any real investment. Five year minimum on most of my choices. Far less stress and better rewards overall.

All this risky stuff is good for a few hundred, but my blood pressure won’t take any more than that!

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I said it seemed like you were getting enjoyment out of it. It does. I was happy for you when you got out of a losing position with amc and disappointed for you when you missed an opportunity. You just seem to think it's funny when people lose though.

I haven't lost with gme nor am I mad at you 🤷

Just think it's a little inhumane to laugh at others misfortune.

He wasn't laughing at us.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They probably are. Crypto is fucking tricky. I usually buy my crypto on exchanges and push them to my hard wallet. Does Robinhood allow you to send? If so send to a wallet on Binance or something.

Okay.........now I can sell my DOGEcoin on RobinHood. That was weird.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'll give the example of Micron or (MU), based on its FCF Micron fair value is around 110. The stock however was running a bit too hot, so saw a drop from its YTD high. Once it went below 50 I would buy. If it reach 30 I would buy more to reduce my average price.

(I won't buy more if there is negative news about the company which is likely to destroy its value)

O7rXvqY.jpg
You need to write a book lol. Or a youtube series.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
WTF is up with Robinhood? I am trying to deposit funds but while it lets me, they dont show up when I try to make my purchase. I have tried twice now and both times, they sent me an email saying the funds are available but on the website it still shows as zero.

Why wont they take my money?

Aesius

I’ve always tried to just play the long game with any real investment. Five year minimum on most of my choices. Far less stress and better rewards overall.

All this risky stuff is good for a few hundred, but my blood pressure won’t take any more than that!
I agree. Hindsight wisdom is brutal with stocks, especially when a few buddies or just random internet people make a killing and then you feel like a schmuck for not investing. But then you never really hear about their losses...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
WTF is up with Robinhood? I am trying to deposit funds but while it lets me, they dont show up when I try to make my purchase. I have tried twice now and both times, they sent me an email saying the funds are available but on the website it still shows as zero.

Why wont they take my money?

You've been identified as a meme trade, probably. They're just going to hold on to your money and not let you use it. For your own good, I'm sure.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I agree. Hindsight wisdom is brutal with stocks, especially when a few buddies or just random internet people make a killing and then you feel like a schmuck for not investing. But then you never really hear about their losses...

FOMO is always real. And the house always wins on the risky stuff in the end. Best advice I got years ago was pick stuff that’s steady and looks decent, spread your portfolio and be patient. I got into investment trusts because of that and have done pretty well out of them ever since. Scottish Mortgage and me have been bezzies for years now 😂

You've been identified as a meme trade, probably. They're just going to hold on to your money and not let you use it. For your own good, I'm sure.

Or they let so many people buy GME and other memestocks on margin that they have massive exposure if the trades don't settle in the green. Imagine that, Robinhood is in trouble if Citadel goes bankrupt because the price of GME is too high, they potentially are also on the hook cause they had an automated system that let people buy so much stock on margin that they may take losses if enough of those trades settle badly. I think there is a very real possibility we are witnessing the beginning of the next Global financial crisis.

sobaka770

Banned
Stupid question time: I know that a lot of retail investors in USA are now screwed over by the brokers for GME and other shorted stocks. But when European market opens that shit won't fly right? So wouldn't GME stock just fly at such low opening prices in EU or am I missing something?

Stupid question time: I know that a lot of retail investors in USA are now screwed over by the brokers for GME and other shorted stocks. But when European market opens that shit won't fly right? So wouldn't GME stock just fly at such low opening prices in EU or am I missing something?
It depends on a few things. What do investors in Europe think will happen? Do they still think it's good to buy?

If this has potential to cause a global financial crisis, every head of state in Europe is probably getting phone calls right now demanding that their markets shut down trading of GME too. Do the governments cave? Who knows.

ManofOne

Plus Member
You need to write a book lol. Or a youtube series.

There are loads of ppl better at this than I. I just happen to study this stuff in University. I have a Bachelors in Economics, Masters in Finance and CFA.

Books to study are

1)Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of any Asset, University Edition 3rd Edition by Aswath Damodaran
2) Dead Companies Walking - Scott Fearson
3) Predicting Market - Edward Yardini
4) Financial Statements by Thomas Ittleson
5) Penny Stocks for Dummies.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member

Euro Options can only be excercised on expiration. So the rules may be different on the brokerage side

I never trade euro options tbh.

Top Bottom