• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STRAY Coming to Xbox August on 10

Great that this is coming to more platforms. It's a fine game but perhaps a bit shallow and a bit too short to make any real lasting impression?

Banned
Now Xbox gamers can also experience this super short and boring game.

I can't wait to jump around as a cat... of course only if the game allows me to jump by having a big A button pop up.

and other such brilliant mechanics... like... meow at people...

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I can't wait to jump around as a cat... of course only if the game allows me to jump by having a big A button pop up.

and other such brilliant mechanics... like... meow at people...

is there a dedicated purr button ?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve had this game installed on my PS5 forever. I think I’ve played maybe 1 hour. I think I enjoyed playing it. I enjoyed watching my cat, watching me play it more.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The single most over rated game in industry history. The praise and hype it received was completely unwarranted and makes a mockery of our whole industry.
Mad The Internet GIF by MOODMAN

Certinty

I’m surprised a lot of people mention its length as a bad thing. It’s short but it also didn’t overstay its welcome which I very much appreciated, any longer and it would have felt very drawn out.

Decent game anyway, I think most of the hate comes from too high expectations to begin. Story does somewhat suck though.

Zathalus

Let's face it, the only reason Stray scored as well as it did is because it stars a cute cat doing cute things.

I like the game myself, but can acknowledge the fact that it is a rather mediocre game under the cat stuff.

But hey, cat stuff.

Macaron

Banned
Love to see the hate. This game was sooooo boring. The level of dweeby dorkery in all these game critics to have this in the 80s on MC is absurd.

Nydius

Lemme shareplay that hallways scene with you to get me that troph, please!?
Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart
Sorry, it was too much of a pain in the ass the first time. Might just skip it on Xbox, same with the speed run.

Best advice I can give you is zig zag wall to wall where it’s wider, opposite from the sides they come in from of course, and then when it narrows pretend you’re doing a serpentine cone test in a car. And mash the ever living hell out of the jump button as you get close to the apartment window.

G-Bus

Banned
Hyperbole aside it was an enjoyable, easy, and relatively short game with an interesting story.

Smoke a bowl and enjoy the ride.

SenkiDala

Now Xbox gamers can also experience this super short and boring game.
Sadly yeah...
8ACZRmd.jpg

It's OK to be painfully and stupidly wrong. Game is a pure gem, unlike all of your post, made by a real and passionate team.

cat middle finger GIF by sneakyshapes

4vQKx1v.jpg

OWZxPuo.jpg

Just FYI iam8bit did only a "collector exclusive version" with a special sleeve, normal PS4 and PS5 version are widely available everywhere.
Come on don't speak like your opinion was the "universal truth". I was looking forward to this game so much, as a French myself I was happy that a French game was getting so much attention and looked so good. For a few months it was even my most expected games.

I was very very disappointed, graphically it's good but the gameplay is too basic, the puzzles are made for 6yo kids, nothing to do in the game, even the plot was so childish and already seen XXX times, it was my disappointment of that year. Disliked every inch of it, except for the graphics that were good.

RagnarokIV

Finished it on PS5 at release, finished it last week again on Steam. Will finish it on Xbox again and will definitely be shaken up at the ending again.

So good!!

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
If you play this only for the gameplay it's not great. Fine, but not great. But if you actually take in the world and the story it's very intriguing. I loved it overall.

This.exactly.

It's absolutely nothing special when it comes to the gameplay but the art-direction/esthetics, music and general atmosphere are really nicely done.
GFX are also nice.

A nice , AA game where you can finish it in 2-3 sittings since it doesn't overstay its welcome, the "perfect" plus/GP title (wouldn't have spent 40 in this).

Played it with my partner and we thoroughly enjoyed it (she likes cats more than I do 😁).

It's an honest 7/10 title - absolutely nothing mind blowing but still nice

Last edited:

Gt111

Neo Member
just saw this thread.. did not know it was coming for Xbox one!

I thought this game looked so cool when seeing it on the trailers

Apocryphon

Gorgeous comfy couch gaming with some excellent animations, dripping with atmosphere. It’s short, but I found it to be extremely enjoyable. The lighting was really well done.

Kusarigama

I recently beat Stray (before it left PS+ extra) it was sweet little game. After I beat Stray, I went back to Assassin's Creed Unity dead kings dlc and I realised that Stray devs got the movements of a cat so well done in Stray that Assassin's Creed being a triple A franchise couldn't touch after so many years.

Top Bottom