• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter II: Animated Movie Chun-Li vs Vega, best game to movie scene ever?

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
There was a really good release of that a couple of years ago. Brand new transfer in a different ratio and nearly blu-ray quality.

Whoa seriously? I have been rockin' the same awful upscaled letterboxed 4:3 DVD-quality transfer forever...

There was a really good release of that a couple of years ago. Brand new transfer in a different ratio and nearly blu-ray quality.

Whoa seriously? I have been rockin' the same awful upscaled letterboxed 4:3 DVD-quality transfer forever...

The Fatal Fury Movie Blu-ray is in the works based on the clean HD remaster that DVD was made from. Stay tuned for more on that one, but the plan is it'll have all the special features the DVD has.

Vlaphor

The Fatal Fury Movie Blu-ray is in the works based on the clean HD remaster that DVD was made from. Stay tuned for more on that one, but the plan is it'll have all the special features the DVD has.

Not only will I buy this day negative 10, this might drive me to get a blu-ray drive for my Pc for the best possible image quality. FF the Motion Picture is one of my favorite movies of all time and my favorite anime movie of all time.

dahuman

Neo Member
that was actually one of the worst in my opinion, every single fight scene in Street Fighter Alpha Generations was better by a mile.

Roge_NES

Oh man, what a great blu ray release! Last time I watched the Japanese version was about 15 years ago, it's as good as I remembered it :')

Aske

So first time ever watching do I watch the Japanese one with subs or the english?

Do you like watching movies exactly as the director intended, or are you a 90s kid who remembers bands like Alice in Chains and wants to see Bryan Cranston in the role of Fei Long?

There's no right answer with this one. They're very different movies in terms of tone, but most of us baka gaijin grew up with the dubbed version, and that's the one that's attained cult status in the West.

BadWolf

Got to watch the JP version not too long ago and it felt completely off with a lot less impact, especially in the voice work.

Made me feel extremely lucky to have grown up with the English dub.

Garlador

Do you like watching movies exactly as the director intended, or are you a 90s kid who remembers bands like Alice in Chains and wants to see Bryan Cranston in the role of Fei Long?

There's no right answer with this one...
BRYAN CRANSTON AS FEI LONG.
22_cranlong.jpg

"Wooo! Wooo! WOOOOO!"

There absolutely is a correct answer to this one!

Garlador

Amazing. Glad we agree on something. It's a shame we can't get this blu-ray release in the UK otherwise I would have picked it up.

Funny enough, my old DVD copy is the UK version, because it was the most "uncut" version that existed for awhile, and my Xbox 360 had no problems playing it.

Maligna

Banned
Got to watch the JP version not too long ago and it felt completely off with a lot less impact, especially in the voice work.

Made me feel extremely lucky to have grown up with the English dub.

I felt the exact same way the first (and only) time I saw it. Normally I prefer Japanese dubs.

Cepheus

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but she was initially supposed to throw a Kikoken at Vega instead in this scene (There's still early footage using this idea) but it was taken out because they wanted to make most of the fights fair, so no characters using fireballs against characters that can't do them etc.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but she was initially supposed to throw a Kikoken at Vega instead in this scene (There's still early footage using this idea) but it was taken out because they wanted to make most of the fights fair, so no characters using fireballs against characters that can't do them etc.

is that true? cuz at this point of the games, bison had no fireball and he gets double-teamed by 2 plamsa chuckers, lol

MoogleMan

is that true? cuz at this point of the games, bison had no fireball and he gets double-teamed by 2 plamsa chuckers, lol

From earlier in the thread:
Done.

Chun Li Kikouken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2qo6bFvf6U&feature=youtu.be

Gouki/Akuma Hadouken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyiItR0uT6Y&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately the Alt End didn't have any picture when I tried to upload it. Only sound made it through.

Sorry for the quality, but they are old files.

Rinoa

The couch toss was more badass and iconic in retrospect.

Ryu Theme

It really is so good.

My copy should arrive in the mail today. Can't wait to give it a rewatch.

For years I would randomly get this stuck in my head and wonder what it was from, I got a big smile on my face when i was watching my brand new blu-ray and heard it., it's a great release and I'm thrilled I purchased the movie. I have my 13-15 year old cousins staying over this weekend, they are just getting into fighting games so i figure I'll bust this out. Not sure how much Chun-Li butt I should allow.

I wish the couch toss was in a video game. It wouldn't have been out of place in the Alpha series.

Would be more acceptable than Gem Fighter (Pocket Fighter) or Marvel/Tasunoko, IMO. Alpha had that anime style but it was pretty serious when it came to Chun-Li. Chun even points a gun at M. Bison in one of the intros.

Aske

For years I would randomly get this stuck in my head and wonder what it was from, I got a big smile on my face when i was watching my brand new blu-ray and heard it., it's a great release and I'm thrilled I purchased the movie. I have my 13-15 year old cousins staying over this weekend, they are just getting into fighting games so i figure I'll bust this out. Not sure how much Chun-Li butt I should allow.

All the butt. Remember being 13? I do. Life was tough, and butts made me happy. Totally with you on this piece of music, too. I miss the incidental soundtrack so much more than the various alt rock songs on the OST when watching the Japanese version.

If anyone's asking what version they should watch first, you absolutely can't go wrong with the US Unrated English dub.

It's kinda dated, but that's what makes it so amazing.

This movie made me like E. Honda

All the butt. Remember being 13? I do. Life was tough, and butts made me happy. Totally with you on this piece of music, too. I miss the incidental soundtrack so much more than the various alt rock songs on the OST when watching the Japanese version.

Dude, are you just fishing for a tag or what? lol

jk

But yeah, finally have the collection finished. Thanks Discotek

Tizoc

That looks like that old one. Look at the cover.

Has Amazon not updated their images?

Umm it shows the release date as Oct. 25th hence why I see it as the new release. Mind you Amazon may not have updated the cover on their site >_>;

Done.

Chun Li Kikouken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2qo6bFvf6U&feature=youtu.be

Gouki/Akuma Hadouken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyiItR0uT6Y&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately the Alt End didn't have any picture when I tried to upload it. Only sound made it through.

Sorry for the quality, but they are old files.

That Akuma wasn't in the final cut is the only thing I didn't like about the film. But when I really think about it, I'm not sure how much of a role he could've played if they weren't planning on making a sequel or something.

Aske

That looks like that old one. Look at the cover.

Has Amazon not updated their images?

It's confusing as hell, I kept almost buying the UK import one before this finally released. But that's the right one - you can tell because it says Eastern Star in the details. The new release is Eastern Star/Discotek.

And for anyone still in doubt, here's the movie on Discotek's website complete with the Amazon link.

That Akuma wasn't in the final cut is the only thing I didn't like about the film. But when I really think about it, I'm not sure how much of a role he could've played if they weren't planning on making a sequel or something.

Technically, he is in the final cut! I thought having him as an Easter Egg in the background was one of the smartest choices in the movie. Very clever way to include a secret character.

McNum

Hold it!

While I agree that the Street Fighter II animated movie does indeed have a quite awesome transition from game to movie, it is not the only Capcom game to be considered. Another game received a quite faithful, and live action to boot, adaptation. And no, I'm not thinking about Resident Evil.

It is, of course, Gyakuten Saiban, or as we know it... Ace Attorney!

This movie should not work as well as it does, and while it skips over a few of the cases, it is a surprisingly faithful adaptation of the first Ace Attorney game. Complete with posing, throwing evidence at each other, yelling, and cross-examining parrots. Yes, the parrot scene is in. Turning the Court Record into holograms that the lawyers can throw at each other was a fairly clever way of making the "taking damage from an argument" thing work in a movie. Also look at those outfits. And hairstyles.

This movie is just fun.

Daingurse

Yeah, that's probably one the best sequences in a animated game adaption. That movie in-general is pretty damn cool, I really like it. But my personal favorite seen would be this sequence from the Sonic OVA.

Seeing Sonic and Tails run through that shit was just wild to me as kid. Was basically a fucking Zone straight out of the games.

Vlaphor

Alright, I've just purchased a blu-ray drive for my PC, now is there anymore news on the Fatal Fury movie blu-ray?

RAIDEN1

Received my copy of the blue-ray special edition today! Last time I saw this movie was probably 1995 when it came on Satellite TV! I have the VHS copy I recorded from it.. somewhere but not sure where..

Aske

Is there an Amazon Canada link for the blu-ray?

Right here: Street Fighter II the Animated Movie [Blu-ray] [Import]

That's the new release from Eastern Star/Discotek, imported from the US. You might want to double-check the price on Amazon.com, too. I ended up getting it cheaper from there (including shipping and import fees) before Amazon.ca got the movie in stock. I imagine they'll shake out to be the same price now, but worth a look.

Vespa

This may have been mentioned but I can't spot it, is the new blu-ray release region free?

Edit: Damnit, there it was on the last page.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213727467&postcount=559

RIP me being able to play it :(

Apologies for the bump. Just wanted to say I imported the blu ray and got it to work on my pc with a freeware piece of software called DVDfab, lets you play from any region. Playback is choppy with MPC but it's fine in VLC. I went ahead and got it since it's unlikely you'll see a re-relase for this in Euro land.

Top Bottom