• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

And the problem with Cap's costume is that it's hideous, not that it's bright :p
No, it's not

avengers-age-ultron-captain-america-costume.jpg

Ithil

Right, but my point is that it undermines the whole "comics should embrace the silliness" argument by pointing out that MCU Hawkeye's costume is based on a 'verse that was all about dodging the silliness.

And the problem with Cap's costume is that it's hideous, not that it's bright :p

Ok, but I think it's fairly foolish to try and act like the MCU is dodging any silliness at this point. They've already had a movie with a talking raccoon shooting machine guns. One costume being more low key isn't going to change that.

I mean no movie that has this shot:

avengers-trailer3-39-18-pm-126041.jpg

Is avoiding comic book silliness.

Ithil

I must ask, because I see this complaint in pretty much all costume reveal threads, of "cheap" or "SyFy" or "cosplay". I ask, what exactly do you people making that complaint consider to be an "expensive" looking costume?

I must ask, because I see this complaint in pretty much all costume reveal threads, of "cheap" or "SyFy" or "cosplay". I ask, what exactly do you people making that complaint consider to be an "expensive" looking costume?

i think its just an easy insult that is code for "I don't like this". Like calling a game "generic"

munchie64

Not as much bright colours as I was expecting, but I like it. Harley looks good (really looking forward to the performance) and that full Deadshot pick is amazing.
pls don't turn this into a marvel vs dc thread.
It's far, far too late for that.

ReiGun

Ok, but I think it's fairly foolish to try and act like the MCU is dodging any silliness at this point. They've already had a movie with a talking raccoon shooting machine guns. One costume being more low key isn't going to change that.

I mean no movie that has this shot:

avengers-trailer3-39-18-pm-126041.jpg

Is avoiding comic book silliness.

But we're referring to costuming here. And in that case, it is fair to ask why Hawkeye doesn't look like his more "fun" incarnation instead of the boring Ult version.

Of course, we know the answer: it fits his character in the movie. Just like like these costumes will fit this movie, I'm sure. The issue is people think the only way to achieve "fun" is to have bright colors and if those are absent, then it's too serious or whatever.

I mean, look at Boomerang. Look. At. Him. He's wearing a tracksuit and gold chains with a trenchcoat. His method of fighting is throwing boomerangs at people and he's going to be doing it dressed like that. You don't think they're gonna be taking the piss with this character?

Top Bottom