• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Game4life

Banned
6MbuYoS.jpg

can't wait for this interaction.

Sooo excited!

Senoculum

I cant help but feel there is way too much to cover here for a two hour movie. I want to be excited, but I worry that DC is jumping in too fast.

But I like the look of Deadshot, Croc, and Harley. Lets see Deathstroke now!

I wouldn't exactly worry. Battle Royale has a focused narrative of three people with a couple of antagonists, but there was a lot of character insight on a cast of 40+ students. Guardians of the Galaxy was a quintuple, with several villains. The Departed has an enture slew of characters walking in and out, and it's a cohesive film.

The story is pretty straightforward: a paramilitary group gets sent on a mission. Some live. Some die. Black Hawk Down had a huge cast too, but they managed to tell their story with ease.

If onlythe same guy designed all costumes for the DCCU
Looking at the crew credits, this movie's costume designer also worked on Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow, and the upcoming Del Toro movie. I can't say anything about the Del Toro movie but I thought the costumes for Pacific Rim and Edge of Tomorrow were pretty good.

I'm not really sold on all the costumes myself but maybe they'll look better on film.

Moaradin

Meh, I don't like the Harley look. I know we'll never see the glory that is TAS Harley on screen, but even injustice and the batman games have better looking Harleys. I'll wait and see how she's portrayed to give final judgement.

Deadshot looks pretty sweet though.

Sulik2

Harley, Deadshot and Croc look good. No idea how I feel about the rest of the cast. Leaning towards stupid.

It's actually a chick this time! Her name is Kate Hawley and she did Pacific Rim and Edge of Tomorrow. I think her costume designs work really well for a ragtag group of villains. Very grounded, lived-in, with just the slight edge of sci-fi.

Props to you, Kate Hawley!

Skux

You guys have some ridiculous expectations. These costumes are far beyond (in terms of budget) what we've gotten on TV.

Edit: The TV designs are pretty good apart from Deathlok, which is truly awful. The CW ones get better each time we see a new character, but they don't have the same "lux" feel as something like Man of Steel or The Avengers. They are simple (cheaper) designs that look good, rather than expensive designs that look good.

Deathlok (Agents of SHIELD)

Arrow season 1

The Flash (probably the best TV costume, a lot of love went into this one)

Deathstroke (on Arrow - looks great on camera but when you look closely it's just a lot of bag clips)

Nyssa (Arrow)

The Atom (Arrow) - isn't a full suit, it's pieces that go over coloured fabric

Smallville (lol)

Senoculum

Historically, Rick Flagg has always died for in the name of America! I hope they don't kill him off in this, however; he was integral to the Green Lantern's origin in The New Frontier, which is one of the better stories out there.

No apologies - I love every bit of this. I can't wait to see the first trailer. Margot is going to nail it and everyone looks fantastic.

Dalek

You guys have some ridiculous expectations. These costumes are far beyond (in terms of budget) what we've gotten on TV.

Deathlok (Agents of SHIELD)

Arrow season 1

The Flash (probably the best TV costume, a lot of love went into this one)

Deathstroke (on Arrow - looks great on camera but when you look closely it's just a lot of bag clips)

Nyssa (Arrow)

Smallville (lol)

Out of these only Deathlok and Smallville look bad. Deathstroke looks fucking amazing.

quickwhips

I hate the batman Arkham Harley costume and I hate this movie costume. Not going to watch. It saddens me that they can't go with something more like the cartoon. Why does everything have to be sex appeal.

Skux

Out of these only Deathlok and Smallville look bad. Deathstroke looks fucking amazing.

I like the designs, but when you look closely they don't have the same "lux" feel of something like Man of Steel or the Avengers. They are simple (cheaper) designs that look good, rather than expensive designs that look good.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
6MbuYoS.jpg

can't wait for this interaction.

You know, this actually looks pretty cool, I mean, the look of both away from each other I can't say I was quite on board for. But together, and throw in them going crazy at Batman, it actually has be a little excited to see how they all play off each other. Heaths Joker was great and all for TDK films, but what I've really been waiting for is the pair as seen in Batman TAS, if these two do something similar I will be pretty happy with what we get.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm still so confused on the Joker pic and if that's how he'll look or not because:
YmncM5J.png

leto already leaked that joker with suit look, so I don't know. In those pics he looked a lot whiter and more joker esque than in the 75th anniversary pic they released, we'll just have to wait and see.

3N16MA

Banned
leto already leaked that joker with suit look, so I don't know. In those pics he looked a lot whiter and more joker esque than in the 75th anniversary pic they released, we'll just have to wait and see.

It's possible the suit just covered up the tats but I would expect the tats to be covered most of the time if they're indeed real.

Will have to wait and see.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Common is not Bronze Tiger, if he was he would've been in this pic. Pretty much confirms he is Black Manta and that he is probably looking to steal
Aquaman's trident going by the rumours of Waller having it

Will Smith being in this still just seems random as hell.

You got this cast of young or sort of not well known actors and then there is Will Smith. Just odd.

Top Bottom