• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Dabanton

What is this. No leaks of Batman v Superman and everything was leaked on Suicide Squad, as if the marketing already begun for it.

This is madness.

Probably done on purpose.

Unlike BvS this film will need to drill itself into the general public by continued set photo 'leaks'. It's all marketing.

Gleethor

I am kinda upset Tom Hardy isn't in the film anymore. Its possible he will reprise his role as Bane with a small cameo in this film and/or make an appearance in the Justice League. Maybe WB didn't want to cast him twice in the same universe.

Anyways all the pictures in this thread have looked great. Can't wait for a trailer. Excited to see all the charisma and interaction that Harley + Joker bring to the table.

not the same universe.

Saya

I am kinda upset Tom Hardy isn't in the film anymore. Its possible he will reprise his role as Bane with a small cameo in this film and/or make an appearance in the Justice League. Maybe WB didn't want to cast him twice in the same universe.

Anyways all the pictures in this thread have looked great. Can't wait for a trailer. Excited to see all the charisma and interaction that Harley + Joker bring to the table.

I am confident we will see Tom Hardy in the DC universe in some way or another. He seems to have a good relationship with WB/DC.

Apt101

I am confident we will see Tom Hardy in the DC universe in some way or another. He seems to have a good relationship with WB/DC.

Importantly, he seems to have good relationships with producers and other film makers still bouncing around WB involved with these specific films.

Gleethor

I meant the current universe as Rick Flagg + Bane wouldn't make sense if there is indeed going to be a Bane in the future films. Not the Nolan films.

Right, but why would he be reprising his role as Bane?

We all know Hardy is going to be Lobo, guys.

Kibbles

Batmobile allegedly causing mayhem:
11149413_837604386288948_8379094117820956106_n.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
All these 'leaks' are probably intentional, the timing of the group pic and then these leaks is too obvious. Like some gaffer said, this is probably their way to do some early marketing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How did we only get like a few set pics from Superman Batman? Like, they filmed out in the open in major cities, yet we got like one pic of Gal in a blue dress, a few of Ben in a suit running, and some set pics from the LuthorCorp building. And I guess some stuff of the Batmobile driving around.

Frog-fu

Banned
Suicide Squad is more or less going to be DC's Guardians in the sense that not many people will be familiar with comics and characters. Batman cameo, Joker, Will Smith and Margot Robbie will make it a winner at the box office though.

I just want it to be good. I think Ayer is a good pick for action heavy movies and the art direction seems to embrace comic book nature of the characters so I'm excited

Hopefully a teaser will drops soon.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Fuck dude, Katana looks awesome. Nowhere near as regal as she normally looks, but still awesome. I'm betting on either her working with Flagg and ARGUS in a purely noble capacity, or she's her usual superhero self who was caught and is reluctantly stuck on the team.

Suicide Squad is more or less going to be DC's Guardians in the sense that not many people will be familiar with comics and characters. Batman cameo, Joker, Will Smith and Margot Robbie will make it a winner at the box office though.

I just want it to be good. I think Ayer is a good pick for action heavy movies and the art direction seems to embrace comic book nature of the characters so I'm excited

Hopefully a teaser will drops soon.

If they've only recently started filming, I wouldn't count on it. Probably won't see anything until January/February, or even until BvS comes out.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Batman v superman trailer got leaked, we got an official version earlier than planned

Blurry photo of Joker got leaked, we got an official photo soon after

And deadshot's casual wear photo got leaked a short while ago, now we got an official photo of the entire SS

yuraya

Right, but why would he be reprising his role as Bane?

I think it would be cool if they did that instead of recasting. The Bane that Nolan introduced fits this new universe more than the Nolan universe imo. All the crazy terrorist stuff he did in that film would make him a perfect villain for something like the Justice League.

Plus I wanna see the fight between Affleck's Batman vs Hardy's Bane. It would be pay per view worthy :)

Probably its to react against the leaked materials.

Batman v superman trailer got leaked, we got an official version earlier than planned

Blurry photo of Joker got leaked, we got an official photo soon after

And deadshot's casual wear photo got leaked a short while ago, now we got an official photo of the entire SS

It's likely the main reason the cast photo was posted was because they knew they'd be shooting out in the open tonight and there was nothing they could do to stop people from taking pictures. Wouldn't be the first time a studio has done that.

ninjabat

I love the look, especially deadshot. Enchantress looks like she is heavy into voodoo. Didn't expect that, cool twist, especially since the girl playing her is gorgeous in real life. Hope she doesn't die after one movie though.

And that deadshot mask is hot!

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think it would be cool if they did that instead of recasting. The Bane that Nolan introduced fits this new universe more than the Nolan universe imo. All the crazy terrorist stuff he did in that film would make him a perfect villain for something like the Justice League.

Plus I wanna see the fight between Affleck's Batman vs Hardy's Bane. It would be pay per view worthy :)

It would be too weird. "Okay wait, it's the same actor playing the same guy, but not the same universe? So did they fight or not...?"

Besides, Batfleck looks like he'd fucking wreck Hardy's Bane. Hardy looks like a beast compared to Bale, but not compared to Affleck. If we see Bane in these movies, we both need a new actor, as well as the full-on Venom-fueled roid-rager.

I don't know how i feel about Harley. I like Margot Robbie and the suit itself. I don't like her makeup and colors of her pigtails.
Will Smith looks fucking amazing in that mask though.
Still very hyped for this movie and will see it day 1.

Gleethor

I like Hardy's Bane, sure, but they're gonna recast because this isn't the same universe so its not the same Bane and there's no need to confuse the audience like that.

Top Bottom