• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Releases on February 2, 2024 (Pre Order Bonus Details and Trailers Also Released)

Imtjnotu

Disgusted Dakota Fanning GIF

Idk man.... This looks....... Idk

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not watching 20 minutes, someone tl;dr me on how much of the GaaS shit they stripped out.

MirageMew2

Not watching 20 minutes, someone tl;dr me on how much of the GaaS shit they stripped out.
No mention of co-op whatsoever it’s mainly the opening story mission (basically explains why Boomy teleports and Harley grapples) and talks about each character’s traversal

Last edited:

Little Mac

Crispin Glover Oops GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

But I don’t think it looks as bad as others here do, and I laughed a few times during the gameplay trailer. The “fuck you” and King Shark’s face got me … I’m gonna wait for reviews and see how bad the mtx stuff is compared to all the other top games out before passing judgement. Hope it’s hits like Arkham Assylum.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Nothing. They wont change the game in 9 months from gaas to non gaas. Looks kinda fun tbh, but some things still looks bad

Luipadre

This actually looks pretty fun. Looks awful graphically though. But gameplay could be fun.

Keep in mind that the video is a shitty 1080p youtube capture, which destroys fine details. Lighting still looks dull, but i wont judge the whole presentation based on this footage

Luipadre

Looks like they toned down or removed the GaaS stuff and maybe made most of that content free?

Sounds like gameplay content will be free or mostly free and you pay for skins. Toned down gaas? Dont think so, guy literally says lots of post launch stuff coming

Fbh

Looks like it could be fun.
Is it what I wanted from Rocksteady 9 YEARS after Akrham Knight? No.
But if you just take it at face value as a Sunset Overdrive / Crackdown type game with coop it could be fun.

I mean I wouldn't pay $70 for it but if a couple of friends decide to pick it up once it's in the $30 range I would give it a try.

*entire internet after state of play demo* - this is the biggest piece of dogshit I’ve ever seen, easy skip. Big sad for rocksteady

*entire gaming community after David Zsaslv recent comments on live service* - wow. Depressing. Gaming just ain’t what it used to be, stop chasing this Fortnite trend for Christ sakes!

Rocksteady: “uhhhhh… ummmm… hey here’s some halfway decent cutscene direction and a couple marvel jokes…?”

OH BOY! WOW!! LOOKS FUN!! REALLY DOESNT LOOK THAT BAD AT ALL ANYMORE?! HERES $70!!!

Gamers deserve the industry we have now honestly

Last edited:
Oh my lord the positive reception it’s gettin on resetera and Twitter. I swear if the gaming community averts this previously inevitable flop and carries this to an iota of success I don’t wanna hear any attitude about the corporate degradation of this industry and live service priority shifting for the rest of time itself

CSJ

Looks like they toned down or removed the GaaS stuff and maybe made most of that content free?

If they didn't show it, does it still not exist?
I honestly think their marketing team after the last debacle were all like BAIT THEM, FUCKING BAIT AND SWITCH. DON'T SHOW FUCK ALL AND DROP THIS MF LIKE IT'S DEAD IN FEB.

Kurotri

This looks way better than it did last time, like actual fun. But it's a dev diary video, and these shouldn't be take on face value. So will remain skeptical.

GymWolf

Who the fuck is voicing Harley? Awkwafina?

Game looks ok during the most story heavy moments, i liked when they steal shit from the heroes hall of fame.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
Sounds like gameplay content will be free or mostly free and you pay for skins. Toned down gaas? Dont think so, guy literally says lots of post launch stuff coming
If that's the case it's probably dead. Unfortunate because it looks really good.

john2gr

This looks way better than it did last time, like actual fun. But it's a dev diary video, and these shouldn't be take on face value. So will remain skeptical.

This looks EXACTLY THE SAME as what they showed last time. The only difference is that they have heavily edited the gameplay sequences to hide things. You can even see the purple blob you have to shoot for one enemy. All characters still use guns. The game will still be GaaS. They didn't fix anything at all. Yet somehow this looks better than the last trailer? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. Hell, even in Marvel's Avengers, each Avenger had his own moves (that were more in line with his abilities). Here it's all about guns. Oh, and King Shark moves and jumps EXACTLY like Hulk from Marvel's Avengers.

The positive reception I've seen makes me believe that some people blindly followed the hate bandwagon and couldn't form their own opinion about the game. And if the gaming media somehow makes a 180 degree turn, then we can say that they're chasing the clicks and nothing more. If it's trendy to hate a trailer, they'll release a hateful article. If it's cool to love the next trailer (WHICH LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME WITH THE PREVIOUS TRAILER), they'll publish an article to praise it. And if that does happen, you should simply stop watching/reading the YouTube channels/websites that are acting like "publisher-marketing" extension tools.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Oh my lord the positive reception it’s gettin on resetera and Twitter. I swear if the gaming community averts this previously inevitable flop and carries this to an iota of success I don’t wanna hear any attitude about the corporate degradation of this industry and live service priority shifting for the rest of time itself

Or maybe we just wait and see if the game is actually good before bringing out the pitchforks?

The positive reception I've seen makes me believe that some people blindly followed the hate bandwagon and couldn't form their own opinion about the game.
No. People knew why the last one looked like shit. This however is carefully designed marketing meant to win back naysayers and haters (who aren’t smart enough to see through it) and it’s unfortunately working quite well if you go to Twitter and/or resetera

Or maybe we just wait and see if the game is actually good before bringing out the pitchforks?
Lol good good. You’re saying the typical expected thing. Yes very measured. Let’s check back on February 2nd? See if the healthy pessimism is misguided or not? I think we both know how this game will play out reception wise

Last edited:

Neff

It's a significantly better showing than the last one because they actually went to the trouble of outlining differences between the characters and illustrating mechanics that go beyond 'just strafe everything', but it still looks exactly like the kind of game I don't want at all.

Top Bottom