• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Releases on February 2, 2024 (Pre Order Bonus Details and Trailers Also Released)

I like to think the two founders left 'cause they didn't agree with the direction WB was pushing their studio in.
I bet it was something like that.

Would have been nice if we got at least one more banger after Knight.

Imagine spending 8 years working on a looter shooter you don't believe in. I'm guessing they're just demoralized. This isn't a game any independent developer makes as an expression of passion. It's a contract assignment.
The whole thing is everything wrong with corporate media today, no passion, no excitement, no fun.

The only thing i see when watching these videos is a Fortnite game mode for the youngest.

Splash boom bang 💥✨⚡
There's something about the Fortnite style that is just nails on a chalkboard for me, it feels so hacky and lame, phony baloney corporate bullshit with nothing authentically cool or edgy.

Any game that has a Fortnite type vibe = I check out immediately.

Perrott

Gold Member
The whole thing is everything wrong with corporate media today, no passion, no excitement, no fun.
... except that the game is filled with attention to detail and references to the DC universe and the Arkhamverse, which wouldn't be the case if this really was a project with no passion poured into it. Not to mention how they clearly worked their asses off in order to deliver such a damn pretty, 60fps open-world and those breathtaking, extremely well-directed cutscenes.
There's something about the Fortnite style that is just nails on a chalkboard for me, it feels so hacky and lame, phony baloney corporate bullshit with nothing authentically cool or edgy.

Any game that has a Fortnite type vibe = I check out immediately.
Fortnite vibe? What are you even talking about? If Suicide Squad has vibes from some other game, those would be Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown and inFAMOUS.

Not even close to having anything that resembles Fortnite... have you even played it or are you just talking out of your ass?

MirageMew2

The game is destined to be written off but I do think the Rocksteady production value and presentation is definitely here. The gunplay straight up sucks I won’t lie but I don’t hate following the story so far.

I wouldn’t even compare this to Avengers, which is far more Diablo-like in execution.
SS reminds me more of Outriders, with a more linear mission structure designed for replayability and loot awarded at the end, not exactly a loot parade as suggested earlier on.

Last edited:
... except that the game is filled with attention to detail and references to the DC universe and the Arkhamverse, which wouldn't be the case if this really was a project with no passion poured into it. Not to mention how they clearly worked their asses off in order to deliver such a damn pretty, 60fps open-world and those breathtaking, extremely well-directed cutscenes.

Fortnite vibe? What are you even talking about? If Suicide Squad has vibes from some other game, those would be Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown and inFAMOUS.

Not even close to having anything that resembles Fortnite... have you even played it or are you just talking out of your ass?
Fortnite is kinda shorthand for a general "zoomer" vibe, the whole "oh we're so PUNK but don't you actually say anything edgy or we'll have a mental breakdown"

It's just lame.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

I played it, I finished the story content available and I can see the Fortnite vibe. Anyway I wont go too deep but:
- it's flashy (not in a good way)
- battle pass
- *hey look you unlocked a new emote*
- excel tables for weapon stats. Wow this modification brings + 3% damage, how amazing (it's not)
- microtransactions

Core gameplay/story is ok tho. It literally feels like there is 2 games fighting in there and it's sad.

Spaulding

The game is destined to be written off but I do think the Rocksteady production value and presentation is definitely here. The gunplay straight up sucks I won’t lie but I don’t hate following the story so far.

I wouldn’t even compare this to Avengers, which is far more Diablo-like in execution.
SS reminds me more of Outriders, with a more linear mission structure designed for replayability and loot awarded at the end, not exactly a loot parade as suggested earlier on.
Agreed!
Can't quite put my finger on it, but something's off. The gunplay is just not fun and it's always the same group of 4-5 enemies.

Anybody wants to join? Still got 3 codes left. Just send a PM (you need a WB account to claim the code). I'm all out of codes...

Last edited:

Ywap

Imagine old Rocksteady doing a Ghostrider game 🤤

Purpleshooting Fortnite co-op looter will have to do for now 🤣

tommycronin

Banned
Are we still shooting purple stuff?

600dVf0.gif

Such a waste, I'd have much rather had another Batman game. Possibly a reboot of the franchise. Could have kicked off with the Court of Owls story line. Would have been incredible in UE5. Instead, after waiting for so long, we get this live service garbage. Such a shame.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

For me, three words

Agents of Mayhem

RavageX

Same, I really wanted to see a Superman game from them too.

If they had to disempower him some way to make it work as a game, fine, it still could have been fun.
Thats easy. They will introduce something that causes a red sun, then youll have Superman running with pistols and ak47s....maybe a bat or a sword too. Batman will loan him a grapple gun and a cape that allows for gliding.

Story? Oh Lex Luthor did something.

SCB3

Same, I really wanted to see a Superman game from them too.

If they had to disempower him some way to make it work as a game, fine, it still could have been fun.
Believe it or not but the EA game "Superman Returns" actually had a really good idea of how to do Supermans health, make him invincible as he is but give the City health instead, so if you didn't do enough people died

Luipadre

Completed extensive tutorials. Game is complex. There is one for each character.

Overall, I will be playing it at some point for sure. Only concern is how they deliver content and how meaty it is at launch.

I mean go there, press a button, fight hordes of enemies, rince and repeat. The usual gaas trash mission design. Cant be that hard to do more of that

Last edited:
Tried more today. I am kinda tempted to pre order. Doesn't happen often these days.

Playing as King Shark. Initially game feels kinda slow, unresponsive, jarring even. Once you start stringing melee + air bash + shooting, it comes together beautifully.

How do the graphics hold up on console?

Am on Series S. Frame rate is smooth, game feels responsive. That's the priority I feel.

Distant objects look slightly blurry but overall I think it performs well.

I mean go there, press a button, fight hordes of enemies, rince and repeat. The usual gaas trash mission design. Cant be that hard to do more of that

That's interesting deconstruction, but ok.

You know how Lost Planet 2 got terrible reviews cos all the reviewers played it in single player and didn't play co-op? And how in co-op it's fucking fantastic, and really fun, and ridiculous and great?

I think that will happen to this game. This may or may not be based on interacting in some way with a possible closed alpha that may or may not be taking place.

But what do I know? I refer only to possibilities and hypotheticals.

Jedi0608

Thought the story was pretty decent. I thought it was gonna be a cringe fest and I actually laughed a couple times. Traversal is definitely the best part gameplay wise. Combat is passable. Biggest issue is the enemy variety is trash. Could see that getting pretty boring quickly if they don’t mix it up. Overall, went in with zero expectations and actually had a decent time.

Top Bottom