• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Releases on February 2, 2024 (Pre Order Bonus Details and Trailers Also Released)

Please define "cash grab," then, because you seem to be using a different definition than the rest of us.
lol you and one other dude oppose this notion while most other people see this as a the cynical corporate mandated money chasing trend chasing project it is

“Different definition than the rest of us

Please :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ozriel

M$FT
Did you just ask how is this a cash grab…?

Yes. I did. Answer the question.

lol you and one other dude oppose this notion while most other people see this as a the cynical corporate mandated money chasing trend chasing project it is

“Different definition than the rest of us

Ironic how you started your posts here claiming Gamers have betrayed you by pivoting to love this game.
Now you’re claiming “most people see this as a cynical corporate mandated money chasing project”

Which is it? 🙄

Yes. I did. Answer the question.

Ironic how you started your posts here claiming Gamers have betrayed you by pivoting to love this game.
Now you’re claiming “most people see this as a cynical corporate mandated money chasing project”

Which is it? 🙄
Wow geez. Didn’t really think I’d have to explain the obvious. Every live service game is a cash grab as it tries to chase the destiny fortnite 2014-2017 trend and keep players engaged to squeeze money out of them and grab more of their cash on in game purchases and post launch add ons. That’s literally the business model, that’s like… the whole thing… this is… pretty universal public knowledge stuff dude

And it’s both. Most people see this game as bullshit but an unnerving and growing sect, like yourself I guess, are getting duped by this new trailer. Not really rocket science on either of these? I feel like you could’ve probably figured these out yourself?

Last edited:

Gojiira

wtf did they do to Harley, a bombshell that looks like a man? Fuck off WB, shes supposed to be to die for, not a Rupaul contestant 😩
Im guessing no unlockable costumes either right? If the ‘classic’ costumes are paid, well those are usually the first you unlock in game. Should have learnt from how Spiderman handled them.
Not that the game looks anything but meh, but yeah.

salva

Day one on gamepass and I'll play it. Otherwise...

Goat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Stafford

As solo experience, eh, I have lots of doubts. Seems like something that is more fun with friends. Also, will it mostly be just battles in the city, or will we go into buildings for battles too ala the Batman games?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Turns out when you keep a turd in the oven for even longer, you just end up with a burnt turd. Oh well.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wtf Rocksteady, even the gifs on the PSBlog are of poor quality!? Use higher quality assets for your marketing push.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Damn dude. How does a game from 2013 by the same studio look better than a game released a decade later? Rough.

Stafford

Oh yeah. And go to their website. It’s even worse than Spider-Man 2 or alan wake 2.

Sweet baby ink took point on dialogue, cutscenes, banter, story, and more

I've been seeing some stuff about sweet baby inc, but what are they really about and why do they have a say in things?

I've been seeing some stuff about sweet baby inc, but what are they really about and why do they have a say in things?
It may sound reductive but think of them as a woke agency. I write a script, I turn it into them, and it comes out completely PC, corporate friendly and sanitized. My race jokes are gone, My white supporting character is now a gay black woman, anything vulgar or edgy is eliminated so as to not risk offending any demo graphic or a mass audience. That sex scene is cut. The part where my male character said a woman is hot or pretty is cut. The part where my male character saves a female character is cut or reimagined. Stuff like that

They go through a games narrative and give you a more inclusive and diversity friendly version. Some for dialogue or anything to do with writing or story. Sand those edges off so nothing offends

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Not a single mention of gear score or any live service elements.
Sneaky.
they did so in their last deep dive didn't they?

either way they saving the real stuff for just after launch, you know the loot boxes and the battle passes, you can replace King Shark with Yung Szi$$le or whatever new rapper there is and make him do the shakey wank dance

EDIT: yeah they kind of did but still skimmed over the details

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

People have been blowing a lot of what they've done/do out of proportion IMO. They're a consulting studio that have strong beliefs in diversity, inclusivity, etc. If studios decide to work with them in any way, it's really up to the studio on how they utilize them, if they decide to at all. Along with the extent in which they decide to use their "work".

Regardless, looking at Suicide Squad and knowing about all the gross GaaS stuff they showed before. I think there are a lot bigger issues with it than Sweet Baby Inc.

Last edited:

Braag

they did so in their last deep dive didn't they?

either way they saving the real stuff for just after launch, you know the loot boxes and the battle passes, you can replace King Shark with Yung Szi$$le or whatever new rapper there is and make him do the shakey wank dance

EDIT: yeah they kind of did but still skimmed over the details

Yeah in their last showing earlier this year they went deep into the GaaS mechanics and got a lot of flack for it. So obviously now they only show story beats being player solo.

Is it still GaaS?

(Joking, obviously it’s the same as it was they’re just trying to reintroduce it regardless)

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

They really shit the bed with this game. Dead Space 3 levels of bed shitting. Devil May Cry 2 levels of bed shitting.

Last edited:

Stafford

It may sound reductive but think of them as a woke agency. I write a script, I turn it into them, and it comes out completely PC, corporate friendly and sanitized. My race jokes are gone, My white supporting character is now a gay block woman, anything vulgar or edgy is eliminated so as to not risk offending any demo graphic or a mass audience. That sex scene is cut. The part where my male character said a woman is hot or pretty is cut. The part where my male character saves a female character is cut or reimagined. Stuff like that

They go through a games narrative and give you a more inclusive and diversity friendly version. Some for dialogue or anything to do with writing or story. Sand those edges off so nothing offends

Yeah, sounds absolutely horrible, worse than horrible. Man can this shit just fuck off in gaming? It's likely only gonna get worse before it gets better, if it ever gets better again. Jesus.

MMaRsu

Banned

Nobody here will actually be able to tell you for sure, but they push for inclusivity and diversity as stated by their website.

But people are already going nuts with it, I saw a guy on Twitter say they used 'pedo imagery' in their logo, so fucking lmao its already overblown beyond reason

simpatico

This video is depressing.

Make a game where you play as the bad guys, oh but now they're good guys so it doesn't change anything fundamentally from a super hero game.

These characters don't fly, so we made a 60 second scene to explain why they can fly in this game because it suited our design. If you wanted to make a game about good guys who fly...... why not use good guys who fly? Why does Harley's baseball bat do more damage than Deadshot's rifle?

The people in the video are not nerds, and this just proves that video games should always be made by nerds. This thing stinks. It's sad because it's clear that a lot of talented people still work at Rocksteady. They're just being directed and instructed to make fundamentally bad stuff.

Last edited:
Not a single mention of gear score or any live service elements.
Sneaky.

Sounds harsh perhaps, I kind of hope pre orders are not meeting expectations with these sort of tactics . If you want to make this sort of stuff then be up front about it, take the flack and stick with the vision otherwise cancel the fucking thing .

I’ve just read a Eurogamer tweet saying the Wonder Woman game is rumoured to be a service type game too.

I could be wrong but I think all this push for these type of games is going to see studios closing long term. Service games are drawn out experiences, deliberately designed for long term player investment. How do these publishers expect players in substantial numbers to keep playing your game when there is a chance what you offer isn’t enough for a large group of people to move on from another title they have already put so much time in.

Top Bottom