• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick (August 16 - August 22)

Dthomp

And here I hoped it not being done with a crowd that it would be less cringe.

SoR4 was good, although all those beat em ups feel the same cause of super move spam.

Ico was beyond boring, less then bored runner, and the cringest fanboy/girl gushing over the streamer the whole time.

Was hoping that the hosts might actually look clean and washed, and somehow they seem even sweatier and less groomed then normal.

GDQ needs to stop running this like a broke twitch streamer. Stop with the identity politics stuff being most important and bring back the best of the best runners, not the best that follow the same ideology as they do. They should raise significantly more money then they do, especially over a week.

Dthomp

Seriously? Turned back to it at the end of Secret of Mana and the neckbeard was fighting the final boss on an arcade style stick with his bare feet. Fucking gross, who wants to see unkept FEET...no wonder people don't take them seriously at all.

T-Cake

There were some cool jumps in Ico that I've never seen before. Not much interests me today until we get to The Witcher 3 later on. I still think it's hilarious to see people's names with His/Him/It/Whatever next to them. Really?!

Last edited:
I want to like it, I used to.

But it seems everytime I watch, the runners and their couch friends want to pretend they are comedians. Sometimes it's just a barrage of neverending sarcasm about the story or gameplay. It just gets old.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Its not the most exciting GDQ but I'm just glad its even happening. I'm tired of the virus cancelling every stupid little thing.

BTW for any Americans here, up to $300 of charity is tax deductible for the 2020 tax year even if you don't itemize. It was part of the CARES Act that Trump signed on March 27. Doctors Without Borders is a 501(c)(3) so your donations for this GDQ are 100% deductible.

Dthomp

Man this Sonic 1 run sucks. Dude is more worried about portraying what he thinks a girl acts like then being good at this game. I get GDQ loves them the trans community, but this dude is one of the worst Sonic players I can recall seeing.

-I looked up this runner, and apparently they are 2nd on the glitchless leaderboards. I would not have assumed that watching them play 1 and a half runs just now.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Man this Sonic 1 run sucks. Dude is more worried about portraying what he thinks a girl acts like then being good at this game. I get GDQ loves them the trans community, but this dude is one of the worst Sonic players I can recall seeing.

I liked it plus it was still under estimate. Labyrinth zone is a fucking bitch, I don't care who you are. Hydrocity in 3 is baby easy mode in comparison. Most players don't even die from drowning in hydrocity, they die from the short autoscroller in act 2.

I dont know, i think its a pretty cool introduction into speed running if your not familiar and they are using our beloved platform for a good cause. I dont agree with most of them politically but its hard to argue against the cause and results

Sub_Level

Sonic 3 and Knuckles - All Emeralds was great. That category seems extremely frustrating but he pulled it off.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I tried, but I can't watch it. Really loved the event years ago, but for all kinds of reasons, it's been sliding hard. Combine that with it basically just being another low-rent Twitch stream, and it just isn't fun anymore.

Top Bottom