• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Best place to grind out/max weapons and overdrives (badges)? Also, I'd like to get those Chaos Squad achievements but I never seem to have luck with randoms. Anyone here still need them and are willing to group up some night to get a few? GT is UnexpectedEnemy.

The second to last mission

Getting the band together - the bit with the drums, its easy to grind out the weapon levels as the enemies just keep respawning and there are tons of them

Yuterald

Man, I just maxed out like 10 weapons last night due to that band/drum method. Got an assortment of overdrives to level 4 as well. Grinding these weapons out reminded me of my Ratchet & Clank days of maxing out weapons, haha! Good times.

On the topic of maxing shit out, would anyone know the best mission to grind scab and fizzco robot badges? The one mission I'm running is perfect for OD, but it's got nothing going on for the other dudes. I'd like to max out everything in this game.

FZW

The DLC is a bit underwhelming because of its short length but its fun enough and adds to the game nicely.

There is a bug with one of the new weapons:

http://i.imgur.com/A2i9lSE.png
Level 6 and 100,000 ammo, that takes over two and a half hours to fully empty it's tank!

Yea thats definitely not a bug, its deliberate. Think about it, its a devil gun that shoots fire and is the only one that can level up to 6.

lol @ 166.6 minutes

I maxed mine at level 6 and the ammo doubles to 200,000!

Toppot

Yea thats definitely not a bug, its deliberate. Think about it, its a devil gun that shoots fire and is the only one that can level up to 6.

lol @ 166.6 minutes

I maxed mine at level 6 and the ammo doubles to 200,000!

Well it would make up for it being a pretty weak and close range weapon!

You probably have an OverCharge active that doubles Automatic Rifle ammo or something like that.

Dalto11

So I picked up a One for myself for Christmas. Sunset Overdrive is my first physical game I've bought. Hellah excited to play it, waiting for it to install though. My question is if all Xbox One cases are painted this crappily though?

dMPW0wQ.jpg

WatTsu

Just finished the game. It was pretty great. Pretty much just critical path-ed it though so I'm looking forward to going back and playing Chaos Squad and doing the side missions. Any in particular I should see, since my time to do so might be limited?

Just finished the game. It was pretty great. Pretty much just critical path-ed it though so I'm looking forward to going back and playing Chaos Squad and doing the side missions. Any in particular I should see, since my time to do so might be limited?

Make sure you do the Fizzie mission when its available

Cloudy

Banned
Question about this game. It seems like when I turn on my xb1, it just resumes. As if the game stays in a suspended state. Did I switch a setting or something? I haven't seen this with any other game

Question about this game. It seems like when I turn on my xb1, it just resumes. As if the game stays in a suspended state. Did I switch a setting or something? I haven't seen this with any other game

That's how it's supposed to work, generally. What other games do you have?

Grisby

Finally got a pair of those angel wings. Also, a wizard hat.

edit- Had the weirdest glitch just now. Finished a chaos session and it never progressed me to the rewards screen. Just stayed on my character, and I couldn't move, and my style bar kept going down. After a minute or so it took me to the continue session screen with everyone else. Wonder if I got the rewards or anything.

Finally got a pair of those angel wings. Also, a wizard hat.

edit- Had the weirdest glitch just now. Finished a chaos session and it never progressed me to the rewards screen. Just stayed on my character, and I couldn't move, and my style bar kept going down. After a minute or so it took me to the continue session screen with everyone else. Wonder if I got the rewards or anything.
Had the same glitch happen to me christmas morning after a Mooil Rig chaos squad session.

Further glitch reports:
-Mooil rig glider challenge glitch: Sometimes while attempting the glider Mooil rig challenges (both of them) attempting to restart the challenge after dying during it would bring be back to the mission start screen, but tapping A would kick me out of the challenge altogether instead of starting the mission. I could simply repress Y to enter the challenge again.

-Outfit saving/zoom glitch: Save your custom outfit and, without leaving Calista, select a clothing category (like Tops, Bottoms, etc) and try to zoom with the Y button (same button you use to save your outfit). When I do this the game does NOT let me toggle zoom and instead prompts me to override my outfit again. Exiting Calistas menu and re-entering fixes the problem until you save your outfit again.This has been there since the game launched IIRC.

-Weapon/Amp overlay glitch: Go to the weapon menu (the screen where see all your weapons and can select a new one to place in a slot) and quickly tab B and then X (to equip a new amp) the icons for weapons and amps end up over each other. Exiting the weapon selection portion of the menu (by hitting B, closing the start screen, or switching tabs) fixes the overlay issue.

All mild glitches. I should make some videos....

EDIT: Well the glitch Grisby mentioned just happened to me again. Hope it gets fixed as Mooil rig is the best chaos defense mission/submissions in the game so far IMO. It would seem the roulette still plays out even if the player doesn't see it as after the last round I ended up with the Roughneck Rampage level 2 amp upgraded from level 1 which I know I didn't have before.

EDIT 2: Also have new clothing and it was my only chaos squad round so the roulette definitely plays out.

Xaero

Neo Member
Just beat it! Awesome game!

Got my Xbox One primarily for this game (got the sexy white xbox combo), so I'm glad I enjoyed it :)

Some bits got a bit repetitive towards the end, but other than that, I loved everything about it!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Totally forgot the expansion was out.

Yet to play it. I've left the final mission of the main game undone while I gold all the Trials.

I had the Beat the Dev achievement shirt but it is missing now :( Tried quitting my game and reloading but nope, not there.

Well at least I got the ProPain launcher finally...

Spasm

Just beat it. I gotta say, I agree with Reddit, this is my GotY.

Lol @
NeoGaf
getting called out in the ending.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm taking a break from the main mission to collect comics for the superhero outfit. Even fetch quests are fun in this game lol

I was thinking that there should be some health penalty for falling from great heights though. Just seems like there's no downside except a potential enemy swarm. I guess they thought being on the ground at all is enough of a penalty?

Toppot

I was thinking that there should be some health penalty for falling from great heights though. Just seems like there's no downside except a potential enemy swarm. I guess they thought being on the ground at all is enough of a penalty?

Being on the ground (walking or still) has plenty of downsides, it breaks your combo usually and your style meter starts going down which means amps might start to become less effective.

The game is about movement, doesn't matter whether you are high or low or go from one to the other quickly. Even if you fall to the ground you can roll straight away and jump onto something and keep your combo, style meter and amps going!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just finished it, really fun game. Bit disappointed by the final mission though, after some of the previous boss fights (particularly the rollercoaster), the final one seemed really dull.

It seemed a bit strange that they make keep some of the amps so expensive, I grabbed every collectable that I came across and only managed to buy 2 or 3 the entire game. Maybe I can get some more on my inevitable 2nd playthrough.

So I picked up a One for myself for Christmas. Sunset Overdrive is my first physical game I've bought. Hellah excited to play it, waiting for it to install though. My question is if all Xbox One cases are painted this crappily though?

Seeing it's Sunset Overdrive I actually think it's meant to be that way.
Anyone not playing the side missions is missing out on many funny story beats

So much this, a lot of the side quests are follow ups to the main quest and expands on the story very well.
Oh the Fizzco ballon AI core quest :D.

Reedirect

Just finished it. "This is how you end a game" indeed. Despite this game probably not selling very well, I want a sequel immediately.

dankir

Wished the DLC was more meaty, I must of done everything in 2 hours. The Chaos mode mission was really easy, finished it on my first try with 6 other people at something like 2800 chaos.

The Downtown night defense mission was much more difficulty with considerably less chaos.

How much did Sunset end up selling anyways?\

evil ways

So, has anybody else been hit with an annoying freeze bug? Didn't have a single problem for a few days after Xmas, then yesterday the game froze on multiple occasions.

It just freezes with a buzzing sound then a few seconds later it goes straight to the XBox's main UI screen.

e90Mark

So, has anybody else been hit with an annoying freeze bug? Didn't have a single problem for a few days after Xmas, then yesterday the game froze on multiple occasions.

It just freezes with a buzzing sound then a few seconds later it goes straight to the XBox's main UI screen.

Yeah, I can't finish the DLC chaos mode. It freezes on that one for some reason. Gave up a while ago. I should go back and try again.

Top Bottom