• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario RPG Remake Announced - Coming November 17, 2023 | Nintendo Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member

Super Mario RPG is releasing for Nintendo Switch on November 17, 2023!
Pre-order today
Join Mario, Bowser, Peach, and original characters Mallow and Geno, in an RPG filled with twists and turns.

super_mario_rpg.jpeg
mario-bros.-rpg.jpeg

WCCFsupermariorpg2.jpg
mario-rpg-1687358849139.jpg

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Y’all fuckers gonna make me buy a Switch….ugh lol

Edit - disregard, I thought this was a new entry and not a remake….nothing to see here, same old Nintendo.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Day one to me, I told my wife ages ago I'd like a Peach game since the character has lots of unveiled potential

diffusionx

Gold Member
Really smart to release this after the movie. I like and dislike the art style, but at least a new generation can enjoy it.

I prefer remakes that stay more true to the original. This game is a classic and should not be twisted into a version far removed from its essence. I approve, however the style seems very generic, they could have given it SOME unique character. Music is excellent as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OPs photos don't match the announced game. But still, I'm down for a good Mario RPG remake.

MagnesD3

I prefer remakes that stay more true to the original. This game is a classic and should not be twisted into a version far removed from its essence. I approve, however the style seems very generic, they could have given it SOME unique character. Music is excellent as well.
It depends for me, I have no real reason to replay it if it's the same if there isn't something terribly wrong about the original. I'd rather they add new content at the very least as incentive but it existing as a way to make room for maybe a sequel one day makes it worth existing imo.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I prefer remakes that stay more true to the original.
I feel like the remake shouldn't stay so true to the original to the point where it's still fucking isometric 💀

Like come on, Nintendo's gonna be releasing a game with depth perception problems in 2023. They could've at least given us a fully controllable camera lol

Really hoping they add some content in to flesh the game out a bit. It’s not very long for a SNES jrpg, if I recall.

Also, it’s odd how they aren’t using the original’s subtitle. I almost wonder if the intention is to make iterative sequels after this one, like a reboot of Mario RPGs. To satisfy Paper Mario fans who’ve been starved for something good since 2005, and acknowledgement that the Mario & Luigi series is dead after Alphadream went under in 2019.

Last edited:
It is pretty amazing. I makes me wonder if they still had the 3D models from making the original.

It sort of looks like the 3D prints of the game from the original manual/ marketing materials from back in the day.

Really cool they are bringing this back, and sparing no expense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom