• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. homebrew "port" hits PSP

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SmashGpsp v0.2 Released!

mATkEUpON has released an update to his awesome Super Smash Brothers port from the GP32 to the PSP, SmashGp v0.2. From what the readme and his site says you can expect to see:

“Here is the second beta of SmashGpsp, a N64 Super Smash Brothers "port", released
for Gp32 as SmashGp, and ported to the PSP.

This version now uses the Gu for blitting, which means better graphics quality
(with filtering) and also better speed (60 fps all the time).
The menus have also been partially updated, thanks to EvilDragon.

Enjoy the technical advantages of the PSP, in this second version of SmashGpsp.
New menus, 60fps gameplay, bilinear filtering, 222MHz... The 2d engine has been
totally rewrote !!!!

The controls:

Pad / Analog: control your character
Up / Square / Triangle: jump
Cross: simple move / take object / use object
Circle: super move
L: protection
R + Cross: catch someone (without object) / throw object (+ direction)
Start: pause
Start + Select: return to main menu

Smash moves are triggered when moving fast in a direction + pressing the Cross
button instantly after.”

Shao

GBA games are some of the most easily emulated/pirated games around but playing a proper copy of advance wars on the GBA is so much better than PC emulation its not even a comparable experience.

Key factor is interface, Revolution will be emulating games, but the interface will still be tv, controller and console as it always has been.

PSP snes emulation however does sound very appelaing, if only for the classic RPGs being playable on the go (GBA was perfect for this!). But you know I would much prefer PSone emulation so I could play some of those RPGs that never came out in Europe.

Flo_Evans

Damn I left my PSP at home 'cause I rode my bike to work. I want to try this out because it pisses of nintendo fans so bad :lol

HOW THE FUCK DOES A STUPID EMULATION DISCUSSION TAKE PLACE IN THIS THREAD?

Jeez, gamewhooper just stay the fuck out with your worthless posts.

Anyway, the new version runs quite a bit smoother, and is much more playable. It kinda reminds me of the first Smash bros now, albeit a 'beta' version without much glitz. I'm betting it improves, though.

Some of the character balances are out of wack with their moves, but no more than Melee. This game is pretty decent :)

Top Bottom