• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden wants to ban men standing up to pee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unisex toilets are pretty common already in Sweden. Banning urinals is not gonna change much.

I never understood the whole "sitting is more hygienic" pov tho. When i pee standing on a regular toilet i lift the seat so no woman will ever have to sit on my piss. However when i sit while peeing and then stand up there is a real chance that some drops land on the seat because there is no way to properly shake them off. And then you feminists have to sit in my piss!

Purely annecdocitaly but for me it's also easier to empty my bladder when i stand. I find it outrageous that some women want to tell me how i have to empty my bladder.

Another thing some of the most disgusting things that i encountered in bathrooms clearly wern't left there by men.

Why shake off the pee when you have a roll of toiler paper next to you?
Even if you're at a urinal you should grab a piece of toilet paper and dab it on the end of your penis, instead of shaking it and splattering stuff everywhere like a dog.

Mudkips

Banned
Why shake off the pee when you have a roll of toiler paper next to you?
Even if you're at a urinal you should grab a piece of toilet paper and dab it on the end of your penis, instead of shaking it and splattering stuff everywhere like a dog.

They keep toilet paper at urinals now? Or do you walk with your dick out over to the nearest stall to get some?

Double D

timeric_ep003_03.jpg

Are you makin' Iced Tea?

Slayven

Man I would wait the whole 8 hours if I had to share the bathroom with women at my old job. The janitors were going through 2 bleach bottles a day cleaning that hell hole.

Party speakers cited medical research they said shows men empty their bladders more efficiently while seated. Improved bladder evacuation reduces the risk for prostate problems, according to the party. It also helps men who sit rather than stand achieve a longer and healthier sex life, it said.

So did they actually cite any peer-reviewed research that shows this or did they just make it up?

taku

When are people going to learn that there actually are differences between Men and Women? Fuck this "Hen" shit.

Also, if people want to sit down while peeing, let them. If people want to stand up while peeing, let them. Regardless of their gender or sexuality..

Man I would wait the whole 8 hours if I had to share the bathroom with women at my old job. The janitors were going through 2 bleach bottles a day cleaning that hell hole.

I know this from first hand experience, girl at my old place spent 40 minutes in, she came out looking sheepish,the place reeked of death, held it for 3 hours and went when I got home.

Mistake

When are people going to learn that there actually are differences between Men and Women? Fuck this "Hen" shit.
Game over everyone, time to sew up that genitalia.

It just sounds to me like they're jealous. Especially if they are some of the same people from article 2 on pg2. "oh why must I sit, and endure the bare chills that assault my bottom?!"

undu

I find it easier to play with my PSP while I'm seated, everyone should be happy with the change.

Forsete

Communist block ftw! Please keep raising these serious issues up until the election, so you don't have a chance at grabbing power again! :)

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
I've dropped a log in the toilet and had the poop water splash my ass, too. Should toilets not exist either?

Squatting toilets are superior but I thought my ban-urinals stance was tough enough to swallow that I didn't bother to mention my dislike of regular toilets as well.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
I'm confused. How could aiming at something you don't touch be dirtier than putting your ass on a surface all the other asses have touched? Since I went to China and had my eyes opened to the blessed freedom of peeing into a hole, I've been confused by the whole ass situation in the western world.

Whenever I walk into a bathroom like this my body just forgets it needs to go.

AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING IN THERE? I was at a normal-ass bar for regular fucking people the other weekend and the bathroom was just full of these completely fucked up spindly glitter sticks all going in three to a stall and having screechy unintelligible conversations, fucking taking clothes off and shit? Were they just fucking in there? ALL of them?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I knew a boxer in college that peed sitting down, facing the back end of the toilet. He went on and on about how good it was for your body and health.
Well, I guess there have to be some guys out there with 2-10 records.

Lady from Townhall.com named Yola said:
I, however, have to walk into a stall, lock it, turn around, pull down my pants (or hold up my skirt), pull down my panties, sit down and then - finally - I can pee.
Type it again, Yola. Type it again.

Whenever I walk into a bathroom like this my body just forgets it needs to go.
You ladies aren't the only ones looking for the clean restrooms or who open the door and say "oh my god" and turn around. There have been some gas stations where I was seriously tempted to just go find a tree and pay the ticket.

I am divided on this issue being a dude who does stand up and pee from time to time. I hate it when assjerks don't know how to aim and piss all over the place.

After I witnessed a teenager not being able to control their penis, I went up to their mom afterward and asked the mom "hey, did you know your child does not know how to properly urinate? You may want to go home with him tonight and maybe help him brush up on those skills. For reference, he lacks proficiency in the aiming department.

I think every time men piss all over the seat, they get a good slap in the scrotum. I get why women sometimes get mad about that. I mean putting down the seat isn't the biggest deal, but when you make a mess, that is the part that gets my goat.

Kamaji

I can't decide which is more embarrassing. The thread title or the fact that international press have picked this story up.

The regional section of a marginal political party in one of Sweden's many regions make a statement which does not even seek to change things at a national level but only in the public restrooms of that particular region. Apparantly world class news!

Source (in Swedish) - http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article14957561.ab

Furthermore it's actually a non-question. In about every gender-specific public restroom there are more urinals than actual sit-down toilets. The only reason to stand up in a secluded sit-down toilet is your own penis complex or some kind of christian-rooted shame-relation towards being nude outside of being in a locked door.

Edit: How is this question in any way related to feminism by the way? The notion that the welfare state should protect the individual from his own wrong-doings (the "scientific" part) is a unfortunate and central aspect of swedish politics. It takes much worse forms in our history (for example: the compulsary sterilization of 20000-30000 "unfit" women from 1934-1975) and the policys of the Swedish state today (for example our hardline drug policy and our extreme oppression of smokers).

It's more a question of "saving the individual from himself" than of equality between the sexes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's easier to shit when squatting, so are we going to change that too?

How is this cleaner anyway?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This means that urinals don't exist in Sweden and this law is just an extravagant way to find urinals in public bathrooms.

Lich_King

I am divided on this issue being a dude who does stand up and pee from time to time. I hate it when assjerks don't know how to aim and piss all over the place.

After I witnessed a teenager not being able to control their penis, I went up to their mom afterward and asked the mom "hey, did you know your child does not know how to properly urinate? You may want to go home with him tonight and maybe help him brush up on those skills. For reference, he lacks proficiency in the aiming department.

I think every time men piss all over the seat, they get a good slap in the scrotum. I get why women sometimes get mad about that. I mean putting down the seat isn't the biggest deal, but when you make a mess, that is the part that gets my goat.

How are you not in jail after looking at teenager penis and then talking about it to his mother?

AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING IN THERE? I was at a normal-ass bar for regular fucking people the other weekend and the bathroom was just full of these completely fucked up spindly glitter sticks all going in three to a stall and having screechy unintelligible conversations, fucking taking clothes off and shit? Were they just fucking in there? ALL of them?

You know what I really don't get? Non-bar/club restrooms that are fucking fail. At least the drunkards and high assholes have somewhat of an excuse.

You ladies aren't the only ones looking for the clean restrooms or who open the door and say "oh my god" and turn around. There have been some gas stations where I was seriously tempted to just go find a tree and pay the ticket.

Yeah but squatting sucks and I'm not about to hand jimmy my own vulva just to pee standing up.

How are you not in jail after looking at teenager penis and then talking about it to his mother?
I could hear the urine clearly not hitting water. There was no looking at genitals. Then after I looked at the toilet seat as I passed by. It is not that I went in there looking to do that, I just couldn't believe a teenager didn't know how to control their own penis by the age of 13 or above.

Atrus

Gold Member
Urinals are more efficient and can save more water. Men's bathrooms have roughly double the capacity as women's washrooms thanks in part due to the urinal and those urinal walls.

That's why urinals were invented in the first place. Urinals are also more portable, as men are able to go in those piss troughs they install at outdoor concerts.

Fact of the matter is that you want to make it easier for men to piss in a designed spot given that we can go anywhere and be done quick enough to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom