• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden wants to ban men standing up to pee

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJMicLuv

Why is this being done? I alternate between peeing sitting down and standing up, and since I know how to aim, I never hit the seat. And, if I were to, I'd wipe.

You have impeccable toilet manners, sir, and for that I commend you. There are, however, a lot of right dirty rotters around who think nothing of the perils of splash-back and it is from these characters that we must be saved.

Septimius

Unisex bathrooms at work? Sure, that's not a source of self-conscientiousness. The only reason we separate the sexes in the toilet is because men need such special equipment.

We only have toilets at our work, but they're still women/men

Akainu

Urinals save space and water compared to toilets.
Replacing them all with toilets is a terrible idea.
Lines will be longer, costs will be higher, and bathrooms will be filthier.
But men will miss equal amount of time at concerts and other events. Why do you hate women?!

Bladenic

I'd like to see this research that backs up those claims they make. And really, if anything, sitting down on a public toilet is incredibly bad hygiene. Completely and utterly ridiculous.

qcf x2

After I witnessed a teenager not being able to control their penis, I went up to their mom afterward and asked the mom "hey, did you know your child does not know how to properly urinate? You may want to go home with him tonight and maybe help him brush up on those skills. For reference, he lacks proficiency in the aiming department.

You're not getting away with this post. What the fuck did I just read?

thisis4neogaf

Neo Member
I'd like to see this research that backs up those claims they make. And really, if anything, sitting down on a public toilet is incredibly bad hygiene. Completely and utterly ridiculous.

I went looking for the research and couldn't find anything but I found this book about pooping that is written by the guy who runs poopreport.com. So Gaf, thanks for making my Friday night a poop-reading night.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I once took a piss inside the girls bathroom at a nightclub when I was wasted. I got a little aroused at hearing all the girls pissing around me in a pervy way.

Please keep toilets seperete I would hate to get horny on a day to day basis using toilets.

Akainu

Anyone that says they don't is lying.
Someone that says they never pee in the shower? Maybe. But this no way. I never sit down just to pee that's ridiculous. And if you are tired wouldn't sitting down make you too relaxed? Just get in get out. None of this sitting nonsense.

Air

Banned
This is outrageous, I'll pee sitting up AND get piss drops on the lid!

Joking aside, this is actually pretty ridiculous.

I'll say the average toilet seat's shape is not made for men at all. And how would they enforce this?

This isn't news worth noting. Don't give these sick people's fantasy rules the time of day.

Einhander

When I'm in a public bathroom, I use a urinal to pee, but when I'm at home, I sit down to pee. It eliminates any chances of staining the toilet, and honestly, it takes about the same amount of time sitting down to pee vs standing up to pee. When I was a kid, my mom told me to sit down on the toilet when I have to pee, and it's stuck with me since then. Never going back to my old 'standing up to pee' way at toilets, no sir!

Smellycat

Standing up to pee is a sign of backwardness, and a throwback to the stone age.

I only pee at the urinals as a last resort.

Seriously, thread title has nothing to do with the actual news itself.

They are not banning men standing up and peeing. They are removing urinals and replacing them with regular toilets, you know, those things that 99% of you have at home.

Just what I want, more piss covered toilet seats.

You ladies aren't the only ones looking for the clean restrooms or who open the door and say "oh my god" and turn around. There have been some gas stations where I was seriously tempted to just go find a tree and pay the ticket.
In my experience, women are nastier in general but men are more likely to pull some heinous shit like crapping their pants and leaving their boxers in the stall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom