• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 2: How late is "too late" to buy a Switch now?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Serious response. It's too late when your hands are bigger than that of a typical 10 year old boys. GOOD GOD holding that thing is a nightmare.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I just did this as well. I sold my OLED a couple weeks ago because me and the girl decided when can share and she also has a Lite if both of us want to use it but it was a hassle and I regretted it after a week.

I actually went to Walmart to buy one but noticed this post and decided to go this way. I'll return the one from Walmart if this one turns out in good shape.

So thank for the post!

Congrats! Mine came in absolute flawless condition. Only thing is it didn’t come in the manufacturer’s packaging. Everything else was mint.

LordOfChaos

I wouldn't advise anyone pay them for an 8 year old underclocked Tegra X1 with little in the way of price drops, they keep selling it because people keep buying it, a lot of titles are really begging for the 2 right now

More so now than ever, it honestly doesn’t matter. There is no time not to buy one or a reason to hold out. It’s never getting a price cut. They’re just gonna discontinue the models slowly once the next-gen one comes out and never have to do a price reduction.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nintendo are freaking greedy pigs and I'll stand by that statement. You don't charge full price for a 6+ year old console. Period.

The Polka King Money GIF by NETFLIX
You do of it still selling like crazy. Lol

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Well, the real question is how much do you need basic features, because in Nintendo consoles, those things only start to come 4+ years into the console life.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just bought my third OLED.

No regerts

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you collect them, or are you just clumsy?
This is my ninth Switch. I mostly buy them for my close family and friends - my two kids, my wife, my son in law, my brother, etc. I've also bought for myself the original Switch, a Switch Lite, and an OLED.

This latest OLED purchase is my "keep it in a box as a backup" down the road Switch.

I have over 300 physical cartridges, and no news yet on whether the successor will be backwards compatible with physical cartridges. The Switch is my favorite console maybe every, definitely since the SNES. I wanna make sure I can play these games down the line, even if something happens to my main Switch.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
This is my ninth Switch. I mostly buy them for my close family and friends - my two kids, my wife, my son in law, my brother, etc. I've also bought for myself the original Switch, a Switch Lite, and an OLED.

This latest OLED purchase is my "keep it in a box as a backup" down the road Switch.

I have over 300 physical cartridges, and no news yet on whether the successor will be backwards compatible with physical cartridges. The Switch is my favorite console maybe every, definitely since the SNES. I wanna make sure I can play these games down the line, even if something happens to my main Switch.

Sure is a great system. Just wish there was more hot sauce under the hood.

Moses85

It seems you are a rich guy!

Would you buy me one as well?

Ben Stiller Smiling GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

zeldaring

Banned

Thats like 24k spent on a switch. and games is insane. Even more insane that most big aaa games are massively inferior on Switch. Is this cause you love supporting Nintendo?

ReBurn

Gold Member
If you haven't played any of the games now is a perfect time to buy one. There are so many in the wild it's probably going to be super simple to pick one up on eBay for years to come. So too late will be a while from now.

jshackles

Thats like 24k spent on a switch. and games is insane. Even more insane that most big aaa games are massively inferior on Switch. Is this cause you love supporting Nintendo?
Very few (maybe 15%) of the physical games I own are multi-plat. I also don't typically buy games at full price so your dollar amount is quite a bit off there bud.

Top Bottom