• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syberia: The World Before - Release Date Trailer.

New Screenshots:

ss_6641bae8d7bc6edbe768888a0e055a29ff2c1ca7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_8b3ba47795fa662e8442fdc52bb81593ac212588.1920x1080.jpg

ss_1b1fcceeaa0f8627b7d3161f8720b9fd4612f9b1.1920x1080.jpg

Is the 3rd one really that bad?
Ive had it on steam since it released but have not gotten around to really digging into it yet.
The first 2 are still in my memory as charming Point and click adventures.

Is the 3rd one really that bad?
Ive had it on steam since it released but have not gotten around to really digging into it yet.
The first 2 are still in my memory as charming Point and click adventures.

It's got so many undeniable issues to the point where I'd call it an objectively bad game. There's performance issues, wonky/glitchy animations, exceptionally variable VA ranging from decent to laughably bad, literally half the cast is voiced by Dr.Robotnik, the plot definitely lacks the mystery and purpose of the first two games and it ends on a very unsatisfying cliffhanger.

That being said it's the most I've enjoyed playing a "bad game," personally. It still retains the charm of Syberia's larger than life, caricaturized, turn of the century Europe/mysterious wilderness settings. The believable mechanical puzzles were fun to solve and I found Kate & Oscar's character moments enjoyable, even if the larger plot was somewhat dull.

So yeah, Syberia 3 definitely deserves the shit it gets but it wasn't bad in the way that made me think Microids didn't have another great adventure in them. It was moreso bad in the way that made me think they scoped way beyond their means and couldn't give the game the polish it needed to come together. We'll see how it works out with the new one.

Last edited:
That being said it's the most I've enjoyed playing a "bad game," personally. It still retains the charm of Syberia's larger than life, caricaturized, turn of the century Europe/mysterious wilderness settings. The believable mechanical puzzles were fun to solve and I found Kate & Oscar's character moments enjoyable, even if the larger plot was somewhat dull

This sounds more positive than negative. I'll give it a try as I've not even seen any playthroughs. Just got to boot up Steam. I've got a TON of point and clicks that I've not even installed yet due to sales over the years. Mostly from Daedalic games.

This sounds more positive than negative. I'll give it a try as I've not even seen any playthroughs. Just got to boot up Steam. I've got a TON of point and clicks that I've not even installed yet due to sales over the years. Mostly from Daedalic games.
Well, all I can say is the flaws are substantial so I'd go in with tempered expectations.

Can’t you just take your bullshit somewhere else?

Anywho. Had no idea this was coming, color me hyped!
It says it's a Sokal game, so did he work on this before he died then?

Yeah, this is the last project he was working on.

Tonight I started Syberia 3 for first time. whoah boy, This is gonna be a labor of love to try and get through. Right off the bat I’m struggling with the controls. The placement of interact circles is going to be an issue throughout isn’t it.
I need to spin mouse to mimic unscrewing A screw.
just simply click knife on screw? No?
Kate! Where are you walking? I clicked here not behind there.

go in with tempered expectations
Did not take long to temper what I’m in for.

Tonight I started Syberia 3 for first time. whoah boy, This is gonna be a labor of love to try and get through. Right off the bat I’m struggling with the controls. The placement of interact circles is going to be an issue throughout isn’t it.
I need to spin mouse to mimic unscrewing A screw.
just simply click knife on screw? No?
Kate! Where are you walking? I clicked here not behind there.

Did not take long to temper what I’m in for.

If you can play with a gamepad, you absolutely should. P&C controls were patched into Syberia 3 retroactively due to fan outcry and they're shit to put it mildly. The UI, Walkable Paths, Hotspots, etc all barely work with the P&C controls.

Last edited:
Top Bottom