• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI (no PC)

mansoor1980

Gold Member
7ysj8pemf4za1.jpg

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Pc version could probably launch together with a ps5 pro version

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Still good PC gamers?

Don't worry, will get the same time to release as GTAV came to PC. How many years GTAV to get on PC?
3 years, the port came out in 2016

but RDR2 came out on PC a year after the release, so I think PC guys will get it in 2026, probably 2027 if the game is delayed

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I wouldn’t underestimate the fact that their engine is performing great even with moderate hardware . Just a reminder that RDR2 was native 4k 30 fps on Xbox one X so I think It will run 60 fps with dynamic 4k fine

Thaimasker

Guess I'll be waiting for PC since that's what this trailer was obviously running on. Crowd density and other CPU driven physics features are going to strangle these consoles. Rockstar won't get any more out of these consoles than CD Projekt Red, Insomniac, or Guerilla got with their open world games. Until I see non trailer gameplay I won't believe otherwise.
1. Cyberpunk was held back by last gen. So was horizon. Those are cross gen games designed with PS4 specs in mind. And spiderman 2 can't be compared to GTA6 lol, it's 2 billion dollar budget, 7 year full dev time, and 2000k devs

2. Rockstar is the best in the biz. Every gen they've consistently gotten more out of consoles than anyone for open world games. It's insane that GTA 5 was even on the PS3 with its 500 ram lol. They've also never done a BS trailer, in fact the game usually looks better on release on consoles.

bitbydeath

Guess I'll be waiting for PC since that's what this trailer was obviously running on. Crowd density and other CPU driven physics features are going to strangle these consoles. Rockstar won't get any more out of these consoles than CD Projekt Red, Insomniac, or Guerilla got with their open world games. Until I see non trailer gameplay I won't believe otherwise.
PC version is years away. PC will probably get a port of the PS6 remaster. It will look better than this.

Last edited:

GHG

Yeah as I'm a poor pc peep, apparently, I'll just have to double dip gta6 in my PS5, or the PS5 Pro when it comes out, and play GTA6 on my poor poor pc in all it's glory afterwards. Poor poor me. What a bunch of little children here.

Literally.

Some people like to cut their noses off to spite their faces. Their bitterness always shines through.

I get the best of both worlds and wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

GTA6 PS5 Pro bundle with custom Vice City plates.

You heard it here first. Watch me be right.

Wouldn't be more logical to just release a ps5 (current model) with price cut. COULD GET 120 MILLION consoles sold price cut off set with 30%

peish

Of course, the timing almost lines up perfectly with the next-gen consoles.

2025: Current-gen consoles
2026/2027: Enhanced PC version
2027/2028: Next-gen port based on PC version

You damn well know most won't resist and wait 1-2 years to play it on PC. They'll buy it when an enhanced version with path tracing and new graphics comes out, they'll buy it again. Then perhaps a third time for their PS6.

20fps on current gen consoles

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
PC version is years away. PC will probably get a port of the PS6 remaster. It will look better than this.

What we saw in that trailer is a curated amalgamation of scenes running in engine on a PC. Zero gameplay. Basically the equivalent of this:

Last edited:
Expecting a year or more wait.

Console will be 2025 so we could be into 2027 for PC. GTA V came out in 2013 and 2015 on PC.

Would be nice if they could hit 2026 on PC though. The PC market seems more mainstream than the early 2010s when GTA V was in dev

Schmendrick

Console only at first is somewhat surprising given the amount of money GTA online makes on pc.
Well, doesn't matter. Good FPS and resolution is worth waiting a year or so longer, there's always enough other stuff to play.

Last edited:

RavionUHD

Maybe the game will release in holiday 2025 on console and only 3-6 months later on pc in 2026, that would be ok for me.

OrtizTwelve

Trailer_1_Illustration_%2816x9%29.jpg

The amount of new PS5 and new XBOX Series consoles sold on launch day for this game is going to be massive as we can expect many people are going to buy either platform just for this one game.

Top Bottom