• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maybe their is no GTA online attached to GTA 6?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
maybe like how TLOU 2 didn't have multiplayer

notice Sam Houser in the press release, doesn't mention online at all

Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what’s possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere.”

could it be a similar scenario

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oo7QCtp.png

WorldHero

The online situation is an interesting one. On one hand, you’d think Rockstar would launch a new GTA Online with GTA 6. However, there is a current thought that they simply have too many current users on GTA V to simply shut down and move on. No idea what Rockstar will choose to do.

GermanZepp

The online situation is an interesting one. On one hand, you’d think Rockstar would launch a new GTA Online with GTA 6. However, there is a current thought that they simply have too many current users on GTA V to simply shut down and move on. No idea what Rockstar will choose to do.
Maybe every Gta6 copy comes with an gta online access, that they will add later on, and it contains gta5 map too. Just like rdr2 has the map of the first one. In this case you fly to it.

Last edited:

wvnative

Hmm, would it be possible that they will release the online part a few months later?
yes. probably 4 weeks rather than a few months, but both gta online and red dead online we had to wait. (two weeks for gta online, 4 weeks for red dead online iirc)

maybe like how TLOU 2 didn't have multiplayer

notice Sam Houser in the press release, doesn't mention online at all

Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what’s possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere.”

could it be a similar scenario
I don’t think that there is any chance that this would happen (too much money they and Take2 can make with online), but I really love the alternate reality in which it would be exactly like you imagined it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Wouldn't be surprised if they released GTA6 and then a month later GTA6 online as a $40 add-on. Everything about their approach to this game seems designed first and foremost to extract as much cash as possible.

Keep dreaming, just like I will. I'm actually worried that the sp portion of GTA6 will be just an afterthought to the real cash cow: GTAO. Rockstar will likely force people to make a R* account and push GTAO into the sp portion this time around. I'm not buying the game until I know exactly what is required to play the game.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
they probably will introduce GTA 6 online standalone at a later date.

chlorate

It’d be awesome if the new GTA Online would carry over all of the GTAV map and features while adding the GTA6 map and new content

Killer8

Potentially it launches a bit later like GTAV and Red Dead 2 before it. They are going to want to get it out ASAP though as online prints money for Rockstar.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
It will launch later, the initial rush, people will buy GTA for the SP and then stay for the MP. so they can afford to launch it later

just like gta5

Last edited:

PeteBull

Rockstar repeating everything with gta6 what they did with 5, for the simple reason they wanna get that mountain of cash/copies sold once again
Take-Two Interactive revealed that Grand Theft Auto V sold over 190 million copies, up from the over 185m in August. Grand Theft Auto V normally sells an average of 5 million every month. The total sales of the Grand Theft Auto series is now at over 410 million copies worldwide, up 5 million from 3 months ago.
They also say there was “better-than-expected results from Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.” They do expect growth for GTA Online, GTA+ and Shark Cards to be flat going forward. Likely due to GTA 6 being revealed.

Robb

Gold Member
I think the reverse is what’s going to happen and that the entire point of the game will be to sell you on GTA Online.

Either stuff in the singleplayer mode will try to push you towards GTAO in various ways, or the singleplayer will be shorter than usual and just work as a gateway to get you to continue playing in GTAO.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
You're crazy if you think Rockstar/Take Two is going to pass up on getting more than $80 out of you.

Top Bottom