• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there really so few people playing this game online? I've played 6 matchs sooner and always got the same 2 players. =/ Didn't help that they were both pros with 4000+ points, when i'm stuck there with 150... *sigh* I'll never get any points at this rate, and i just keep getting a low % of wins with all these pro players. One of them even let me hit his Zero to ½ health before raping my characters.

I need to find 2 good characters that are great in the hands of someone a bit casual on fighting games. :lol

Teknoman

Bisnic said:
Is there really so few people playing this game online? I've played 6 matchs sooner and always got the same 2 players. =/ Didn't help that they were both pros with 4000+ points, when i'm stuck there with 150... *sigh* I'll never get any points at this rate, and i just keep getting a low % of wins with all these pro players. One of them even let me hit his Zero to ½ health before raping my characters.

I need to find 2 good characters that are great in the hands of someone a bit casual on fighting games. :lol

I've always faught different people, but I only play ranked. Havent had the chance to play a normal friend battle though.

Threi

notag
Teknoman said:
Man...seems easy to beat a good Karas player, but one mistake and you're toast.
As a karas player, its really the other way around. Put it this way = every lvl 3 in the game does more than 50% damage to Karas.

Teknoman

Threi said:
As a karas player, its really the other way around. Put it this way = every lvl 3 in the game does more than 50% damage to Karas.

Really? No wonder the person I was fighting went nuts when he only had one character left.

Also someone rage quit on me when they couldnt figure out how to stop Ippatsuman's lvl 3 super :lol Hit him with the flash laser (need to find official name) and the guy disconnected before KO hit the screen.

EDIT: Orbital Ring soldier - Do they actually break out into a dance midway into the track, or are they just calling for reinforcements?

Hiltz

I'm actually kind of afraid to go online. It's kind of intimidating to face all of these pro players and to think that game has been out less than a month is crazy. It reminds me why I ended up avoiding going to the arcade back in the old days after being interupted by ridiculously good players who wanted to challenge me in fighting games like Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage and Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat and Tekkan Tag Team.

I took a short break from playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom but after the cheap final boss of NMH 2 (on mild mode second playthrough) has pissed me off to no end, I'll be getting back into the game starting tomorrow.

I've been using the Wii remote + nunchuck because of the simplified, intuitive controls. The only problem is that I'm not sure how to perform certain special attacks that require the different use of light, medium and heavy buttons and the Wii remote+nuchuck uses the A button for all of those attacks as an all-in-one button. I may have to try getting used to the GameCube controller... at least until I receive my black pro classic controller from the Monster Hunter Tri bundle in a few months.

Teknoman

Hiltz said:
I'm actually kind of afraid to go online. It's kind of intimidating to face all of these pro players and to think that game has been out less than a month is crazy. It reminds me why I ended up avoiding going to the arcade back in the old days after being interupted by ridiculously good players who wanted to challenge me in fighting games like Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage and Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat and Tekkan Tag Team.

I took a short break from playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom but after the cheap final boss of NMH 2 (on mild mode second playthrough) has pissed me off to no end, I'll be getting back into the game starting tomorrow.

I've been using the Wii remote + nunchuck because of the simplified, intuitive controls. The only problem is that I'm not sure how to perform certain special attacks that require the different use of light, medium and heavy buttons and the Wii remote+nuchuck uses the A button for all of those attacks as an all-in-one button. I may have to try getting used to the GameCube controller... at least until I receive my black pro classic controller from the Monster Hunter Tri bundle in a few months.

I say go for it. You'll run into pros, lame spammers, people of similar skill, or people with crappy connections...however, overall its usually a positive experience that helps you learn while having fun fighting an actual player.

Hiltz said:

As long as you're not extremely conscious of or insecure about your win rate (currently sporting a ~30% win rate :lol ), it's not so bad. I've lost a lot of online matches but I don't feel I've been completely overmatched in most of my losses. In short, it's still quite an enjoyable experience even if you lose. Lag switchers and DCers are the only negatives to the online play IMO. Though I'm sure if there were Wii Speak support, there would be plenty of trash talkers mucking it up. :lol

I haven't had too much problem with the "matchmaking" system either. I've gotten a few high level players that destroy me in a few combos but a vast majority of my opponents in Free Battle are around my skill level. Fighting the same person unintentionally has been an even rarer occurrence for me so I guess Bisnic is just unlucky.

Volcynika said:
I've searched for 10 minutes straight on ranked multiple times and never find anyone. :/
Hmmm...Im still noob level and they matched up with someone tagged as Master who play with Blade and Yatta!Man2. It was not a pretty sight at all, trust me.

ccbfan

I don't know about anyone else's online is but mine is unplayable.

Which is strange cause when I borrow my friend's PS3 BB, SF4 and SSF2THD.

Anyone know what might be wrong. I'm using wireless but so was the PS3.

It's really bad. Once I was joking to my friend about how bad it was by doing a fierce when the other player was the farthest possible. The funny thing was that by the time the fierce came out, the guy was right next to me and got hit.

ccbfan said:
I don't know about anyone else's online is but mine is unplayable.

Which is strange cause when I borrow my friend's PS3 BB, SF4 and SSF2THD.

Anyone know what might be wrong. I'm using wireless but so was the PS3.

It's really bad. Once I was joking to my friend about how bad it was by doing a fierce when the other player was the farthest possible. The funny thing was that by the time the fierce came out, the guy was right next to me and got hit.

Try forwarding the following ports to your Wii: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443. My online matches were really laggy before but it seems remarkably better after I forwarded those ports.

It's fun and satisfying to go up against a couple pro players who are 10 times better than me using Roll, because even they get caught off guard with her short stature. Not like taking the "cheap" way out by using the giants either.:D

Hiltz

I suppose you guys are right.

I just started to play the game tonight and earned rank "fighter" so far. I just creamed 3 online players in a row. One of them being an Ultra Champ and 2 others were Super Fighters if I'm not mistaken.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I've already given up on the online. I've had a few decent connections, but they are too far and few between. Can't block shit on reaction, droppin' combos left and right, the occasional 1+ second input lag, PTX super-armor abusers, etc. I have to completely change my tactics for online play, and then I have to un-learn those habits whenever I'm playing with local friends.

Not worth it. If I didn't have any local comp then I'd have probably stopped playing the game altogether by now.

Teknoman said:
I'm SHOOOOORYUCAN'T touch this skill!

Threi

notag
Choppasmith said:
It's fun and satisfying to go up against a couple pro players who are 10 times better than me using Roll, because even they get caught off guard with her short stature. Not like taking the "cheap" way out by using the giants either.:D
It's funny when Souki players who think they're hot shit because they can A,A,B,C, Launcher, A, B, C completely mentally break down when they realize that his crazy poke doesn't hit roll. They just start mashing any button like a madman :lol

Also surprised more people don't punish roll's turbo broom sweep. OTG it is actually unsafe on HIT (there is a way to time it but its tricky)

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
neo2046 said:
Phoenix Wright, Ghouls 'n Ghosts Originally Planned for Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Man fuck Phoenix Wright for TvC anyways.. I mean it sounds cool, but they really should go with Godot. Think about it. He could shoot lasers with this visor thing. He can spill coffee, make the lights go out, ect, plus he's got an objection call as well.

Lourio

Played online for the first time yesterday... won 2 out of 7 matches. Came close to winning another 2 matches but the lag.... it makes it really hard to play.

Which code do I use to give to my friends? Is it the number within the messaging system under the Wii settings or is it the number that appears under my user settings with TvsC? This friend code business really blows.

I'll post up my friend code tonight, get some matches going on.

Gagaman

Extollere said:
Man fuck Phoenix Wright for TvC anyways.. I mean it sounds cool, but they really should go with Godot. Think about it. He could shoot lasers with this visor thing. He can spill coffee, make the lights go out, ect, plus he's got an objection call as well.
That would be badass. Yeah, Godot for TVC2 please. :lol

Also Arthur because he has been so overdue a Vs Capcom appearance. He was an assist in MVC1 with a brand new sprite so I was convinced he would be playable in MVC2 but nope. He also shows up in one of the TVC endings, what a tease!

SmokeMaxX

Gagaman said:
That would be badass. Yeah, Godot for TVC2 please. :lol

Also Arthur because he has been so overdue a Vs Capcom appearance. He was an assist in MVC1 with a brand new sprite so I was convinced he would be playable in MVC2 but nope. He also shows up in one of the TVC endings, what a tease!

Hell Yeah. I've been waiting for godot.

Codeblue

I was a little intimidated by the online as well, my first match was ranked, and I got backed into a corner with a Zero-Megaman Team and I didn't know how to mega crash then so my first character got knocked out before I even touched him, I managed to almost K.O. Zero and took Mega Man down pretty far.

After you get over Win/Loss records not meaning anything the online becomes way more fun.

Hiltz

Codeblue said:
I was a little intimidated by the online as well, my first match was ranked, and I got backed into a corner with a Zero-Megaman Team and I didn't know how to mega crash then so my first character got knocked out before I even touched him, I managed to almost K.O. Zero and took Mega Man down pretty far.

After you get over Win/Loss records not meaning anything the online becomes way more fun.

Yeah, I'm trying to adjust my attitude so that my online experience will be more enjoyable. I've also done a few matches worldwide with few occassions of minor lag which was quite surprising given the speed of the gameplay.

I played earlier today and got my ass kicked by a few good players and 2 really cheap players. The first cheap player used Roll and managed to rack up a 40+ combo by exploiting her broom moveset (Capcom seriously needs to fix this) leaving me completely unable to get back up, perform a mega crash or call out a partner let alone block. The other player used PTX-40A to corner me at one side of the screen. His jetpack blast and chaiw saw attacks can really be abused. Capcom seriously needs to fix this issue as well.
I was pretty disappointed by the battle especially when I only needed to land 2 more normal attack blows on him to win.

Lourio

I played against a PTX-40A player and I got him to about 1/4 health. Once he got in me the corner though, the match did a complete 180 - I couldn't do nothing. To add, once my other player jumped in, he did one of those 'super chainsaw' moves and once again I was helpless from there.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Phoenix Wright... fighting on his desk... with wheels.

DAMN IT CAPCOM, WHY DID YOU NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So yeah I just fought a guy who is losing on purpose just so he can fight lower ranked players. Who didn't throw a single attack. Has anyone else come across this?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Volt Tackle is based from Voltekka

pikkachubladoh.jpg

Threi

notag
Hiltz said:
I played earlier today and got my ass kicked by a few good players and 2 really cheap players. The first cheap player used Roll and managed to rack up a 40+ combo by exploiting her broom moveset
Ya can't spell troll without Roll

She's the freaking OTG queen of the game. You have to try your hardest to stay on your feet.

Look: you can replace the new music with the old character themes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sieAMshFBL4

Hiltz said:
I played earlier today and got my ass kicked by a few good players and 2 really cheap players. The first cheap player used Roll and managed to rack up a 40+ combo by exploiting her broom moveset (Capcom seriously needs to fix this) leaving me completely unable to get back up, perform a mega crash or call out a partner let alone block. The other player used PTX-40A to corner me at one side of the screen. His jetpack blast and chaiw saw attacks can really be abused. Capcom seriously needs to fix this issue as well.
I was pretty disappointed by the battle especially when I only needed to land 2 more normal attack blows on him to win.
Don't get hurt by me saying this, but things like this are indicative of scrub mentality.

Look, Capcom doesn't need to fix shit.
You need to LEARN THE DAMN GAME.

These things aren't broken, they are things that you just have to learn how to get around. That's just how fighting games are: you learn how to beat things with a certain tactic, and then players will learn how to beat those tactics with new tactics.

Roll can OTG you and you can't megacrash. Woe is I. Megacrash BEFORE she sweeps you.
and naturally you can't block if you're being hit by a combo, that's just common sense.
next:
PTX jetpack blast. Stand up and block it. It's an aerial attack, you must block it standing. That's basic.
And the PTX chainsaw move is an overhead attack, you must also block that standing.

Lourio

Guys, I can't play online via wireless - it's toooooo laggy.

You guys have had no problems with these USB lan adapters? Is there an official one from Nintendo, which one do you guys suggest?

jlevel13

I don't know how much the LAN adapters help or not - game is pretty laggy.

Not a lot of people playing, plus getting matched with some random person in your "territory" who could be 3,000+ miles away. I use a wired connection and have occasionally had some pretty lag free matches, but most of the time it goes from bad to unplayable. Overall, online is just disappointing enough (besides the lag, there's the long waits to find a match (up to five minutes), and the the way there is no skill based match-making - so that even if you manage to get a rare lag free match, odds are it's against somebody much better than you or somebody much worse).

I haven't played a ton, but I'd say out of 40 online matches, five have actually been good. Anyhow, after last night I'm pretty sure I'm just giving up.

I'm not disappointed with the game - I actually really love it & would love to be playing it more, but there are just games with MUCH better online that I'd rather put the time into getting better at, since, you know, I could actually play against other people and have a pretty good experience.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ookami-kun said:
How did people know it outsold NMH2 tho?

GAF ninja leak.

Really happy it did well, I thought it had the makings of a sleeper "hit" but I didn't get my hopes up. :)

EDarkness

I've been playing this game for a couple days now and I have the say the final boss is the cheapest piece of crap in any Capcom fighting game ever. He takes up most of the screen, has insane counters and can hit you from pretty much anywhere. If a character has to get in close (i.e. no ranged moves), then they're toast. The boss totally kills my desire to play with all the characters since he's so cheap. Also, I wish they would have put some text in the character gallery to explain where characters come from and such.

The fighting is good, but I really wish they'd allow 6-button support for those who are using a stick or classic controller.

Played online and it was smooth as butter and I'm in Japan and wireless. Not sure what you guys are doing wrong, but I haven't had any issues playing online. Just wish it found people to play against faster.

Teknoman

Going on my 2nd week or so owning the game, mostly good experiences online regional via wireless.

Also Yami is easy to down with Yatterman or Megaman.

Top Bottom