• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Poyunch

EDarkness said:
I've been playing this game for a couple days now and I have the say the final boss is the cheapest piece of crap in any Capcom fighting game ever. He takes up most of the screen, has insane counters and can hit you from pretty much anywhere. If a character has to get in close (i.e. no ranged moves), then they're toast. The boss totally kills my desire to play with all the characters since he's so cheap. Also, I wish they would have put some text in the character gallery to explain where characters come from and such.

The fighting is good, but I really wish they'd allow 6-button support for those who are using a stick or classic controller.

Played online and it was smooth as butter and I'm in Japan and wireless. Not sure what you guys are doing wrong, but I haven't had any issues playing online. Just wish it found people to play against faster.
You shouldn't really complain. The final boss was apparently harder in CGoH. It's pretty easy if you start out each stage with Yatterman's hyper where he rushes in with his mech.

EDarkness

PounchEnvy said:
You shouldn't really complain. The final boss was apparently harder in CGoH. It's pretty easy if you start out each stage with Yatterman's hyper where he rushes in with his mech.

I shouldn't complain? Well, I like to beat these games with different characters to see their endings and such, and I don't think I should have to use certain character JUST to beat a boss. I tried to take him out with Chun Li and another character (the guy with the sword), and I couldn't do it to save my life. Eventually, I had to switch to Ryu and Chunl Li and I was able to do it easily. If the character doesn't have any real ranged ability, then that boss is extremely cheap.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If you block at the right times, Yami is cake. And this is coming from a complete fighter-noob.

EDarkness said:
If the character doesn't have any real ranged ability, then that boss is extremely cheap.

It's not. Just hit him a few times, then block - don't do anything unnecessary. Super jump when you know (or think) an unblockable super is coming, and if you're not sure, save your meter for Mega Crashes so you can escape his grabs. He's very easy.

EDarkness

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
It's not. Just hit him a few times, then block - don't do anything unnecessary. Super jump when you know (or think) an unblockable super is coming, and if you're not sure, save your meter for Mega Crashes so you can escape his grabs. He's very easy.

So basically you have to turtle in order to beat him? If that's the case, then screw that. I want to actually fight the guy not scratch him to death. Bison used to kick my ass all over the place back in the day, but at least I could actually fight him. Same with the last guy in Street Fighter 4, I can actually fight that guy even though I think he's cheap. The boss in this game is just cheap and really not that fun. Anyway, sorry about the bitching. Just needed to vent since I spent a good hour fighting him with a group I couldn't win with. Then I switched one character and took him down in one shot. Totally frustrating.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So does anyone here play this game on a regular basis? No one on my friends or rivals list is ever online when I play. :/

Rage-quitting is also still a big problem. But I did feel good when I completely shut down a PT-X player's bullshit using Jun.

ReiGun

Lyte Edge said:
So does anyone here play this game on a regular basis? No one on my friends or rivals list is ever online when I play. :/

Rage-quitting is also still a big problem. But I did feel good when I completely shut down a PT-X player's bullshit using Jun.
I've been playing almost every day since launch. Even more recently since I've been snowed in. I also have a problem with no one ever being online. :/

Threi

notag
Lyte Edge said:

I am currently addicted to this game, I guess we are just on at different times.

Lyte Edge said:

What happens if a rival deletes their "user entry" and re-registers a new name? I also hardly ever see my rivals on when I play.

Volcynika

Lyte Edge said:

Been busy this week. Done a lot of local play since not many friends are online when I go on and I never find any matches searching ranked D:

Codeblue

Lyte Edge said:

Ha! My friend was complaining yesterday about how his PT-X got "Swaned". I was really happy to hear it too since he's a complete bastard with PT-X. His handle is Boof if you remember who you played. I really hate PT-X.

On the topic of Yami, I'm finding it impossible to beat Yami with Lightan.

Lyte Edge said:

I rented it, but my PS2 to GC controller adapter doesn't work with my joystick on the Wii.

Ordered a Hori stick. Figure it's justified for the Wii. Not going to burn the calories to build a custom stick for a novelty system.

Anyhow, where are you geographically? If you're not too far away, I may be willing to get my teeth kicked in next Tuesday when the stick arrives. :)

Zero is an awesome character, I have to say. One of the best Level 3 specials.

Frank West was better than I expected... but still kind of a joke character imo.

Yami is cheap on all difficulties, but you can change the difficulty to 1 star and easily unlock everything(Took me a while to realize that rofl).

Not only that but you can set it so you have max power gauge at the beginning of every match sans Yami rematches.

Zapages

I've been playing this lately, and it is a lot of fun alone and with a lot of friends around. I find it akin to MvsC2, but I am having fun because I was fan of Tekkaman, G-Force, and Tekkaman Blade back when I was a kid. :)

I hope the sales for this game are good. :)

PS: Yami is easy.... My strategy is keep on mashing lp and keep on blocking. When you have enough meter do super. Rinse and repeat. When life is going down for one character switch them up and you should be fine. Also when your character is about to finish his ultra and tag in your partner and do his ultra. Rinse and repeat. :)

Ryu/Tekkaman against Yami is like taking about 3/4th of his life without much trouble.

I just got this yesterday, but I haven't played it yet cause I'm on vacation in Orlando, FL and I don't have my Wii. When I get back tomorrow afternoon, I'll see if I can give this a spin. :D

Talwind

The only time Yami is cheap is when you're using Lightan. The first form's unlockable meter stealer is so brutal since you cant jump over and escape and you actually have to worry about blocking low or high. Had to retry him so many times with Lightan >_<. Atleast PTX has ranged moves.

With any of the other characters its just crouch block to jumping medium twice, repeat at regular intervals. Easy.

Forkball

I finally got the game, but I've only had time to go through arcade mode once (with Ryu/Ken). I'm really digging it as the controls are easy enough to pull off awesome looking attacks, but the system is also deep enough to interest more advanced fighting game fans. Yami isn't too hard, though I did die the first time because I didn't expect so many forms. Although I beat him with Ken, Ryu did most of the work thanks to Shin Hadoken. Ken is also useful in the battle since he can dash around easily and can stay in the air for a long time.

Don't know what happend, but netcode was actually decent today. I was about ready to sell it back to amazon, but I decided to give it one more try. Played 3 or so people in North America (at least that's what their tags showed) and it was okay. Not ideal, but certainly alot better than the day I bought it

...guess I'll have to put proper time into this now :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Got a gift card for my b-day, yay! Now I got TatsuCap.

I'm excited. I'm a complete newbie about "real" fighting games. I've never even done a Hadouken!

Doorman

Rrrgh, I get so pissed off whenever I play this game lately.

Not at the game itself or anything. I get angry at myself for my unbelievably shoddy performance and my complete inability to close out a win when I have the opportunity. I know that this is a fighting game, and fighting games require a lot of time spent training and typically focusing on a few characters and combos, but as a newbie to the genre that sort of style of play gets on my nerves a little. I guess I'm still trying to find out what my best teams are and who I should be really trying to develop.

I love the style and everything and I'm glad I have the game, but...gah I wish I didn't suck so much.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Doorman said:
Rrrgh, I get so pissed off whenever I play this game lately.

Not at the game itself or anything. I get angry at myself for my unbelievably shoddy performance and my complete inability to close out a win when I have the opportunity. I know that this is a fighting game, and fighting games require a lot of time spent training and typically focusing on a few characters and combos, but as a newbie to the genre that sort of style of play gets on my nerves a little. I guess I'm still trying to find out what my best teams are and who I should be really trying to develop.

I love the style and everything and I'm glad I have the game, but...gah I wish I didn't suck so much.

I feel the same, i can't beat anyone online. Either i end up attacking in the air for nothing, or the other player do some crazy combo i don't have time to block and finish with some hyper attack. I wish i could do that. :(

Regulus Tera said:
My left thumb hurts man. Last time it happened was playing Mario Party 2. And the worst part is, I liked the pain!

:lol

My hand was killing me as well, and still don't like it.

Daddy can't play a fighting game with a pad. Hori stick should arrive some time today. :3

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
hey guys, today's the last day for the contest I am throwing giving away a copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. PM me if you are interested in winning yourself a copy.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I'm 2 of 2 in online play! One player didn't attack me once while the other spammed hypers in the air when I was nowhere in their attack range.

I did notice that I got much much less lag playing ranked than playing free play. Ranked matches are much easier to find as well.

Bisnic said:
I feel the same, i can't beat anyone online. Either i end up attacking in the air for nothing, or the other player do some crazy combo i don't have time to block and finish with some hyper attack. I wish i could do that. :(
Me three. Got this game on Sunday, and I've only won two online games out of about 30 matches, and those wins were against complete beginners like me. Whenever I get paired up against an Super Champ, Ultra Champ etc. I know I'm about to get rolled.

Getting a bit better though, as against lesser opponents I can now chop off a fair bit of health before losing, and I'm becoming semi-decent with some characters (most notably, Tekkaman and Batsu). Overall, I'm having a blast, as I love the intense pace of the battles (even when I'm losing horribly). Chaining hyper combos is immensely satisfying, especially the beam-like hypers (Frank's Real Mega Buster followed by Ryu's Hadouken is my current favorite combination).

And is it just me, or do some of Batsu's voice samples sound like those of Link in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? There's one in particular that sounds eerily similar, but it's probably just a coincidence.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I only spent a little over one hour on this game and I already got everything down with all the normal characters. Everybody pretty much has the bnb aerial rave, chain link combos along with special moves and up to three supers.
I wished they would have at least opted for 4 buttons, two kicks and two punches instead of mixes of each within three buttons.
It feels weird playing it but the huge hitbox and time frame is very forgiving. It's definitely a fun game but I don't I'll ever take it seriously as the game doesn't even take itself seriously. Ryu's ending. :lol

Regulus Tera said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuyuki_Hiyama

I realised it was him because he sounded like Viral from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
:O

I meant to say Melee (not Brawl) in my original post, but it looks like it doesn't matter anyway (although you notice more similarities with Melee's Link). Mind blown, not just because they are voiced by the same guy but also because I picked up on it, as I almost never notice these things until someone tells me.

Man, that guy's the Japanese Nolan North.

Doorman

I recognized Batsu's voice as the guy who does Masamune Date in the Senkogu Musou games. That alone almost made me want to main him, but I'm finding other characters that I'm turning out to be more effective in using. This process of figuring out who to put more time into has been very strange, since I'm barely using anybody I expected I would.

Oh well. I still don't have a lot of online time put in except against one friend of mine, but I've been spending time in training most just trying to get a handle for some of the combos and stuff that the game throws together. I guess we'll see if it pays off soon enough. And I do plan on getting my friend code into the proper topic here, so I'll be able to test my (lack of) skills against fellow GAFers.

Kadey said:
It's definitely a fun game but I don't I'll ever take it seriously as the game doesn't even take itself seriously.
Funny, that's exactly why I think I like it so much. I'm not sure I'd ever get over the wall of trying out a more technical fighter, but the fact that it's comparatively easy to produce some really ridiculous results is so satisfying.

If he puts this kind of soul into all of his games, I'd really like to see what else Niitsuma can make outside of fighters.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They're still showing commercials for this. o_0 Capcom must be thinking they're a good investment, I just saw two tonight while watching (well, having on in the background) AS.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm especially liking how Zero's movelist is really derivative. I imagine that this is standard fare for fighting games with preestablished characters, but seriously, like 99% of his movelist is just techs from Mega Man X4-X whatever reestablished with the occasional new input. It makes it easy for me.

Top Bottom