• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

I've recently bought this and have yet to do anything other than training mode. I love this game already.

My only complaint is the lack of Kenneth Masters.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The game needs Samurai pizza cats! Is Ronin Warriors Tatsu? Because that looks cool and needs to be in it too.

I still have to work on the kinks, the whole three button thing, it's coming along nicely.

movienewd.gif

Hiltz

Unfortunately, Ronin Warriors belongs to Sunrise.

It would have been pretty sweet to see some of those characters in a sequel.

I think it would be very interesting if Capcom did a Versus title with Sunrise or perhaps Geneon. There's a lot of brand power there.

Sunrise has titles like Outlaw Star, Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Code Geass, Vision of Escaflowne.

Even Geneon has stuff like Trigun, Hellsing, Black Lagoon, Afro Samurai, Evangelion, Fooly Cooly Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic!, Lupin the 3rd, Robotech, Samurai Champloo, and Yu Yu Hakoshu. I may also have Akira (I haven't checked what's up with the license).

Then there's Manga Entertainment. It's got Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Dead Leaves, Astro Boy,Appleseed, Gurren Lagann.

I may be off on some.

I really appreciate how Capcom included the original Japanese game intro. It rocks.

Hiltz said:
Unfortunately, Ronin Warriors belongs to Sunrise.

It would have been pretty sweet to see some of those characters in a sequel.

I think it would be very interesting if Capcom did a Versus title with Sunrise or perhaps Geneon. There's a lot of brand power there.

Sunrise has titles like Outlaw Star, Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Code Geass, Vision of Escaflowne.

. . .

. . . .

How can you mention Sunrise and not give a nod to The King of Braves GaoGaiGar?!

Guy Shishio would be so bad ass. Not to mention his special could involve Galeon and assorted GGG mecha. That Lost Planet mecha's ass would be beat so badly. :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kadey said:
The game needs Samurai pizza cats! Is Ronin Warriors Tatsu? Because that looks cool and needs to be in it too.

I still have to work on the kinks, the whole three button thing, it's coming along nicely.

movienewd.gif

You can continue the combo after shinshoryuken :p

Hmmm, I must be overlooking something simple but, how do you get two players to be in Training Mode together?

Edit: Nevermind, found I can't just press start on another controller I have to dig into the menus and choose "player" somewhere.

ReiGun

TVC stick came yesterday. Time to break this bitch in. :D

Now that it seems a decent number of people are playing the game, what do you guys think about getting some sort of Gaf tourney going? Might be kinda hard to get together with connection issues and the friend codes and all, but it could be good fun.

Man I don't give a fuck if Ronin Warriors isn't Tatsunoko. It still needs it's own fighting game. It could be some random Arc Systems Works fighter and I'd still like it (hopefully better than SBX). I just want Anubis saying QUAKE WITH FEAR!!!!!!! :lol

Threi

notag
Kadey if you want to show off your execution whore prowess in this game you should really try out karas. Dude's got combos for DAYS. Not repetitive infinites (anymore) either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtjqmTggqjU

I can't get the slide timing down so I leave that out.

btw, i'm noticing people not taking full advantage of some of the lvl 1 supers in the game.

Chuns and VJoe's lvl 1s end with a launcher, you can finish it with an air combo. Roll, being the OTG queen she is, can continue hitting the person after an air combo finisher (combine with casshan/polymar OTG assist/super and you got some real bullshit going on). Same with Ryu's lvl 3. If you have the meter superjump, wait a little, and hit his shinku hadouken for extra dmg.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not the biggest fan of fighters since I've never been too good at them, but I thought I'd give this game a try as it was cheap. Really enjoying it though which is a good sign.

I'm currently using my GameCube controller but I heard the CCPro is the best option. Is it really worth the upgrade?

Also the difference(s) between the two openings is so ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Patrick Roy said:
What's the difference between the 2 openings? I watched them myself and thought they were the same video...

The first two are only different in that Yatterman-2 is seen during the "There's no place for evil in a world with Yatterman!" (sic) scene.

The third one in the gallery is the original Japanese one.

Insaniac

how do you pull off double supers? like both chars dfoing their super at the same time?

also i've seen some funky symbols while looking at the command list, like Karas has a lot of them, what do those mean? )the x with the dots and the numbers?)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Insaniac said:
how do you pull off double supers? like both chars dfoing their super at the same time?

also i've seen some funky symbols while looking at the command list, like Karas has a lot of them, what do those mean? )the x with the dots and the numbers?)

Any two attack buttons + Partner button

Apenheul

I've been playing TvC with friends last night and we just couldn't stop. Never mind online; offline multiplayer on a big screen, beer, and two Madcatz TvC sticks is just fantastic. I notice how I can play much longer with a fightstick than with a gamepad, moves are also much easier to pull off IMO.

Andrex said:
Any two attack buttons + Partner button

I am wanting to know the same thing, so for example:

Karas' move has a 1 in a circle (?) and after the normal pad movement plus AT there is a cross with four dots and a 2 in a circle.

I haven't found these explained in the manual.

this specific one is for Yoinagi, a Karas move.

Hope I was clear here...:lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dude I don't know how to do any of Karas's or Polimar's moves that are like that. I just know how to do the partner hyper. :p

Incitemaybe said:
Ha, right on man :)

Does anyone know where these strange hieroglyphics for some characters moves come from or what they mean?

They just mean follow-ups. So if you see a command with a funny symbol #1, you can do the command that says "1 during" immediately afterwards for an additional move.

For example, Polimar can do his little emblem pose with QCB + attack. If you follow-up immediately with L, you do a slide attack.

Taxman

The numbers mean that you can only do that special move while in the middle of doing another special that is marked with that number. Look at Gold Lightan's supers for a simple example: to do the level 3 you need to be in the middle of the one level 1 that is marked.
Edit: ^^doh

Agent X

heringer said:
So, how's the online compared to Street Fighter 2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 (PS3 versions)?

If you're comparing TvC to Capcom fighting games on PS3, then the online feature set is much closer to that of Street Fighter IV than either SSF2THDR or MvC2. SF4 had battle points that represent your online skill level, as well as icons that you can earn and choose to display next to your online alias, and these features are present in TvC as well.

One thing I really liked about SSF2THDR is being able to create a lobby where up to six players could participate. The first two players would fight it out, while the remaining players could spectate while waiting their turn. After the match was over, the winner would stay on for the next game, while the loser would be replaced by one of the other spectators. The loser could watch the others play while waiting for his turn to come up again. It's meant to simulate the experience of playing an arcade fighting game. MvC2 had that feature too, although I never played a whole lot of MvC2 online. Unfortunately, SF4 didn't have this type of lobby system, and neither does TvC.

Teknoman

Frank West is awesome. Wish other characters had giant character mods on their lvl 3s.

EDIT: If you mean lag wise, the game has great netcode. When its good, its near lag free (which is most of the time). You will run into laggy matches though...not as many as with other games.

Doorman

Nobody's playing ranked matches right now. I'm doomed to remain a super rookie forever. D:

...Correction, found a match against a super master PT-X user who lagged like hell and the match died out halfway through. Super.

Doorman

That reminds me, I still have to comb through the GAF friend codes thread and see if there's anyone nearby to play with. I'd do it now, but supposedly I already have another friend on the way to play against.

Teknoman

Doorman said:
Nobody's playing ranked matches right now. I'm doomed to remain a super rookie forever. D:

...Correction, found a match against a super master PT-X user who lagged like hell and the match died out halfway through. Super.

Keep trying. Set it on regional and you should run into one every search. At least that always happens to me.

Threi said:
why are GAFers never on when I am :(

I was on a few minutes ago, probably best to bug people in the WFC chatroom about it. Probably going back online in abit.

Incitemaybe/ Pascal / 3395-5337-1420 / United States, SouthWest / Wireless

Just posted my info on the online matchup thread as well ;-)

I just got the game 2 days ago and am (naturally) pretty noobish ;-)

I'm a little sick right now so I've been online alot.

ReiGun

GGs Threi. Roll man......good times. And yeah, damn shame about those combos we kept fucking up. :( Gonna hit training mode with Joe now. He's more fun than I thought.

Teknoman

Any more fights going on? Still messing with ranked for awhile.

EDIT: heh sorry about that Threi, fight went longer than I expected. We both had one guy left with a little hp.

Doorman

Aww, I'm very disappointed in Capcom. Just tried a little experiment that didn't work out.

When using Yatterman-1's Yatter-Wan charge hyper combo, you know how initiating a cross-over hyper causes the character to jump in wherever Yatter is at the time? I thought I could use it to bait a player into blocking that, and then jumping in with Alex's hyper bomb, so he'd show up to grab right in front of them, making it basically impossible to avoid unless you super-jumped over Yatter-Wan to begin with.

Well...he goes through the grab animation, and it looks for sure like he's within range, but it never connects. :( So much for kicking people's asses whenever I have 4 super bars.

Doorman said:
Aww, I'm very disappointed in Capcom. Just tried a little experiment that didn't work out.

Same here.

I just tried an experiment - playing the damned thing on line.

Still atrocious netcode. When are they gonna figure this shit out? It just does shit at random, no chance to buffer an input, so if you try to tag out in a pinch; you're fucked. Trying to buffer in some retaliation moves, nothing. PRESS ANYTHING BUTTON FOR RANDOM FIGHTING GAME!

BlazBlue is still the only online enabled console fighter worth a damn.

All Japanese fighting game developers should go learn netcode from AkSys! </Life Alert Granny>

Seriously, I fear for the SSF4 crowd if this is what Capcom Japan is bringing to the table in 2010. Though it won't matter to them, they're so awash in the Capcom Kool-Aid no negative thought can cross their mind.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah. Go look at the posts here and see yourself wrong. :p

Doorman said:

When using Yatterman-1's Yatter-Wan charge hyper combo, you know how initiating a cross-over hyper causes the character to jump in wherever Yatter is at the time? I thought I could use it to bait a player into blocking that, and then jumping in with Alex's hyper bomb, so he'd show up to grab right in front of them, making it basically impossible to avoid unless you super-jumped over Yatter-Wan to begin with.

Well...he goes through the grab animation, and it looks for sure like he's within range, but it never connects. :( So much for kicking people's asses whenever I have 4 super bars.

Alex can only grab grounded players, and must be directly beside him. When you DHC from Yatterwan Charge, you appear to where Gan's located.

Doorman

Ookami-kun said:
Alex can only grab grounded players, and must be directly beside him. When you DHC from Yatterwan Charge, you appear to where Gan's located.
I know, that's what I've been doing. I was trying it out in training mode, setting the dummy to block so that they'd be on the ground and blocking while Yatterwan charged. I had it timed just fine so that Alex would leap in and do the Hyper Bomb grab literally right in front of the dummy while it was blocking. I'm positive that Alex wasn't out of range, so unless the Hyper Bomb is somehow blockable, I'm not sure how this fails short of the developers deliberately addressing it. Feel free to try it yourself if you like, I'm sure I was doing it right.

And the netcode is just fine. I'm in Michigan and most of my online time has been against a friend in New Jersey and it plays basically lag free except for a rare dropped frame. If you're having such problems with inputs, Bandit, then either your internet connection or that of your opponents' simply is not good. That's not Capcom's fault.

Doorman said:
If you're having such problems with inputs, Bandit, then either your internet connection or that of your opponents' simply is not good. That's not Capcom's fault.

Yeah, the same connection I rarely have troubles playing BlazBlue on.

Try again.

Doorman

I guess that would be where the "or that of your opponents" comes in. Have you been playing mostly friend matches with people in your general area, or random fights? Going random can be kind of a crapshoot sometimes, since there are probably a lot of Wii owners out there running their systems on less than idea connections, or have a bunch of other stuff going on, or are going wireless without any sort of port forwarding or DMZ.

Hell, I'm even running off of wireless DSL, but my Wii is DMZ'd and I have a decent ping, and my online experience has been mostly positive so far outside of a few matches.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Doorman said:
I know, that's what I've been doing. I was trying it out in training mode, setting the dummy to block so that they'd be on the ground and blocking while Yatterwan charged. I had it timed just fine so that Alex would leap in and do the Hyper Bomb grab literally right in front of the dummy while it was blocking. I'm positive that Alex wasn't out of range, so unless the Hyper Bomb is somehow blockable, I'm not sure how this fails short of the developers deliberately addressing it. Feel free to try it yourself if you like, I'm sure I was doing it right.
I'm pretty sure that you can't throw an opponent that's still in blockstun. Not for normal or command throws, anyway. Supers may or may not be different. Never checked.

And the netcode is just fine. I'm in Michigan and most of my online time has been against a friend in New Jersey and it plays basically lag free except for a rare dropped frame. If you're having such problems with inputs, Bandit, then either your internet connection or that of your opponents' simply is not good. That's not Capcom's fault.
TvC's netcode is less reliable than almost any other fighting game I've played (though I haven't played some of the more infamously bad ones, like the most recent KOF). It's probably not Nintendo WFC's fault either, as I had consistently better connections playing against Japanese players in Bleach DS in 2006 than I have had against domestic TvC players in 2010.

Capcom just really fucking sucks at this. It would probably be tolerable if they would have at least bothered to give it SF4-level functionality (like being able to kick people with high pings before the match started), but oh well.

Teknoman

I usually have lag free (running wireless connected Wii) matches, but when its bad...its really bad. Never had any problems with SFIV. Blazblue was good most of the time, but I have run into matches where it ends up going frame by frame for a good few seconds into the match. Both were the 360 versions, so as long as Capcom adds lobby support to SSFIV, im pretty confident i'll have a good online experience.

Top Bottom