• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Had a bash of this tonight, checking out if people still playing online, managed to get an almost perfect lag free game (a minute bit of frame lag)

wonder if/when the Wii succesor comes out will this game still have an online community

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are people still playing this online? How is the netcode?

MYE

Threi said:
remember this old game that was superior to MvC3 in pretty much every way outside of graphics?

Well here's a stream of it: http://www.twitch.tv/rotanibor

I remember making a "looking back" TVC thread just before MVC3 got released, and most of fightingGAF saying how it would soon be completely obsolete, so no one gave a shit.

:(

edit:

Any reason they are playing in 4:3?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought Capcom somehow made TvC2 when you bumped this thread =/

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Megacrash is too good and makes the game kind of boring to watch.

It's actually quite balanced, since you can force players to wiff false crashes.

Honestly, I like their approach of everyone having double jumps/air-dashes. They just made certain characters more mobile. Also, unlike MvC3, both sides are balanced.

GooeyHeat

I don't know much about BlazBlue, but isn't there something like Mega Crash there, but you can only use it a limited amount of times? I think that would have worked better.

Boss Doggie

I would snap up a TvC2 reaaaaaaaaaaaal quick.

Game is so good, and dat music... Orbital Rings System Cargo Bay is best modern fighting game track by a large margin.

I really enjoy this game MUCH more than Marvel 3 to be honest. Shit just feels so much better, but I guess I'm in the minority on that end. Would pay top dollar for a sequel!

shaowebb

I played the hell out of Roll in this game. So much fun with her. I used her and Tekkaman together and I really miss it.

This was actually the first game I ever got an Arcade stick for, but unfortunately the Tatsunoko stick I got for this game was such ass that I just decided to return it. Sketchy stick couldn't block properly since left was kind of not working right and two of the buttons had the same problem.

I'd still like to get that stick sometime though. I hear that they are really cheap to. Like $20-$30

Threi

notag
yeah i just went to it today, the game is really far better than MvC3 when it comes to gameplay mechanics.

MYE said:
Any reason they are playing in 4:3?
Because they are playing on a 4:3 CRT while streaming. Widescreen for the stream would mean squished image while they are playing.

shaowebb

Threi said:
yeah i just went to it today, the game is really far better than MvC3 when it comes to gameplay mechanics.

Because they are playing on a 4:3 CRT while streaming. Widescreen for the stream would mean squished image while they are playing.

Not gameplay balance though. Giants are ass and Zero can pretty much ignore pushblocking in this game making him unstoppable with all the meter he builds for combobreaks.I liked baroque a lot though, and combo breaks were cool even though they made doing hypers worthless unless they would kill. Far better to save meter for breaking.

What made the game so cool for me was how interesting the cast's movesets were. This game used a lot of bizarre characters and the Tatsunoko side was a complete treat to play though. Ippatsuman, Casshern, Karas and Polimar especially. I mained Tekkaman for the damage, lariat and lol factor considering I had actually watched this guy's show before and new who he was. The guy was INCREDIBLY badly done in english and to this date it is my alltime favorite to troll show ever.

Pure bliss= this cast's move set variety.

Ookami-kun said:
Megacrash here works because levels don't build up as fast as MvC3, its range is a bit limited, and you can Megacrash "and" fail.
Stop taunting me >_<

Indeed. Be still my beating heart!

abstract alien said:
I really enjoy this game MUCH more than Marvel 3 to be honest. Shit just feels so much better, but I guess I'm in the minority on that end. Would pay top dollar for a sequel!

Same here. I mean I love Marvel (in general I mean). I love a lot of the fanservice and little touches MvC3 has, but the game felt kinda ho-hum compared to TvC. But I can't put my finger on what exactly. I'd really kill for a Marvel vs Tatsunoko vs Capcom title (Hell, put in converted Tatsunoko fighters as UMvC3 DLC and I'd bite) . I mean Nitsuma did mention his eagerness to make a three way VS title some day. Hell maybe they're waiting for that Marvel X Tatsunoko Anime project that's due out next year (I hope that's still in the works) and are making a VS game to tie with that?

But still sounds like we can look forward to SOMETHING and that's good news!

Threi

notag
shaowebb said:
Not gameplay balance though. Giants are ass and Zero can pretty much ignore pushblocking in this game making him unstoppable with all the meter he builds for combobreaks.
Giants aren't really ass (well PTX isn't at least). They just have some really terrible counterpics, and like MvC3 Dark Phoenix they completely change the pace of the game when they are out.

Zero is a bitch though, just like MvC3, i'll give you that.

One thing i love about this game is how aerial tags 1)Cost you a meter and 2)Don't reset air momentum. Hate how they changed that in MvC3.

shaowebb

Choppasmith said:

Same here. I mean I love Marvel (in general I mean). I love a lot of the fanservice and little touches MvC3 has, but the game felt kinda ho-hum compared to TvC. But I can't put my finger on what exactly. I'd really kill for a Marvel vs Tatsunoko vs Capcom title (Hell, put in converted Tatsunoko fighters as UMvC3 DLC and I'd bite) . I mean Nitsuma did mention his eagerness to make a three way VS title some day. Hell maybe they're waiting for that Marvel X Tatsunoko Anime project that's due out next year (I hope that's still in the works) and are making a VS game to tie with that?

All over my face.

That would be sooooo damned good. I can just imagine the 3 on 3 team symmetry of those guys. Imagine Dante/Blade/Soki

Anth0ny

I think it would be really awesome if they released a "Tatsunoko invasion" DLC character pack or some shit for Marvel. All these unique characters are just going to waste. Not to mention the Capcom characters that aren't in Marvel for whatever reason...

Choppasmith said:

We don't even deserve anything THAT damn good o_O

joe1138

I just picked up TvC last week after spending some time with the arcade version over at Round 1. Gotta admit the online play isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Anth0ny said:
I think it would be really awesome if they released a "Tatsunoko invasion" DLC character pack or some shit for Marvel.

Totally agree. Won't happen but totally agree.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Anth0ny said:
I think it would be really awesome if they released a "Tatsunoko invasion" DLC character pack or some shit for Marvel. All these unique characters are just going to waste. Not to mention the Capcom characters that aren't in Marvel for whatever reason...

Haven't yet played TvC but I would absolutely love Tekkaman Blade in Marvel. One of my favorite shows/characters as a kid.

Boss Doggie

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
IIRC, Niitsuma simply said that he's pretty uninteresting outside of the Mach 5.

Really wish we could have gotten some SoulTaker action, though.

He should fight while driving!

And yeah, wasn't Date Kyosuke considered?

Need dat JAM Project bgm

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
IIRC, Niitsuma simply said that he's pretty uninteresting outside of the Mach 5.

Really wish we could have gotten some SoulTaker action, though.
I think it would have been kinda cool if he attacked everyone with his helmet while holding it in his hand. Maybe it could be like Vega's claw and become detached from him, giving him slightly less range and damage. Perhaps he could have it as a projectile that would always bounce back to him, but couldn't be thrown in a real rapid succession, such as Cody's rocks. He could put it on during certain moves like headbutts and whatnot lol

Of course, he would have to get in his car for at least one of the supers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People who say the netcode for this game isn't good probably just doesn't have their wii hooked up properly. For me this is one of the smoother online experiences this gen.

Good fucking luck finding anyone to play anymore and if you do they are probably too damn good to be playing.

Also slightly miffed that PW wasn't possible for this game but the advanced super engine of UMvC3 allows for real time lawyering action.

number47

some tvc character injection into mvc3 would be weird. tvc already had a great tech. system that didnt make everyone extremely overpowered. so they would ,if not altered, overpowered.maybe even yun overpowered.=/ maybe

Boney

Banned
Yep this game was amazing. Sadly I was just a new born gaf pup so nobody wanted my Friend Code and I never played with any of you.

Shame on you guys.

Too bad they botched the music in UAS

Boney said:
Yep this game was amazing. Sadly I was just a new born gaf pup so nobody wanted my Friend Code and I never played with any of you.

Shame on you guys.

Too bad they botched the music in UAS

I thought some of the stage themes were actually pretty good. (Namely Galactor Base and Orbital Ring's themes) Not as good as the character themes, but still decent enough.

Top Bottom