• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The Abominable Snowman said:
everyone online is either pros or kids that are horrible at this game.

Times like this I REALLY wish it came out for another console.

I am middling at the game.. would like to fight someone I can haveea fair fight with

jufonuk

not tag worthy
4340-3960-7381

Jufonuk UK wireless

yours?

as I say I am middling translate that into sometimes good some times suck

So I'm getting this game soon and I want to know if I should get the madcatz stick for two reasons:

1. Is the actual stick any good? Better than the standard fightstick?

2. Is the game good enough to justify the stick purchase? Not sure if I want to seriously play this game or just fuck around using a classic controller. I'll probably use it for a few other wii games too. I probably won't be getting MvC 3 until it goes down to 30 bucks either (not sure if I'm going to get Marvel at all actually, I'd rather play something new than another Marvel game).

I haven't used the stick so I can't offer any real advice on it outside of second hand impressions...but the game itself is very good. I could see someone not liking it as much as say, MvC2, because it has a slower, meatier and more meticulous style. This is exactly what draws me to it though, as it really feels more impactful. Another thing to note is that although the character list is minimal compared to MvC, almost each one is very unique. You can't really jump from character to character and expect to immediately feel at home with them since almost all of them have some sort of mechanic to try and exploit.

One of my favorite fighters in a long time. Really good stuff...but Zero is completely broken. At least he is to me :lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
abstract alien said:
I could see someone not liking it as much as say, MvC2, because it has a slower, meatier and more meticulous style. This is exactly what draws me to it though, as it really feels more impactful. l

This.
I love this game!

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
So I'm getting this game soon and I want to know if I should get the madcatz stick for two reasons:

1. Is the actual stick any good? Better than the standard fightstick?

2. Is the game good enough to justify the stick purchase? Not sure if I want to seriously play this game or just fuck around using a classic controller. I'll probably use it for a few other wii games too. I probably won't be getting MvC 3 until it goes down to 30 bucks either (not sure if I'm going to get Marvel at all actually, I'd rather play something new than another Marvel game).
The parts are near Sanwa quality. Better than the standard Fightstick.

If you can find it cheap go for it. It's also decent for Guilty Gear Accent Core, the KOF compilation, the Samurai Shodown compilation, and VC stuff.

SmokeMaxX

I think you can also buy a cheap USB adapter to it and make it a really cheap alternative to the madcatz PS3 SE with better parts out the box.

SmokeMaxX said:
I think you can also buy a cheap USB adapter to it and make it a really cheap alternative to the madcatz PS3 SE with better parts out the box.
Does that converter work with Firmware 3.50 and newer? I recall that firmware update locked out a number of unlicensed 3rd party controllers and converters.

Apenheul

Good old TvC, the only fighter this generation which I could get into even though I'm not very good at it. I dropped a few quarters in a TvC arcade machine in Osaka then suddenly some dude decides to join the fight and since then my character barely even touched the ground anymore :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apenheul said:
Good old TvC, the only fighter this generation which I could get into even though I'm not very good at it. I dropped a few quarters in a TvC arcade machine in Osaka then suddenly some dude decides to join the fight and since then my character barely even touched the ground anymore :/

Yeah, it has a nice scene in Japan (just look at the many RTF vids in nico) much like Hokuto no Ken. Too bad this scene is only limited to the arcade release, not the console =/

Baconbitz

Banned
I sent this to go nintendo but this hasn't been posted yet so if you want to get it on there you can help by emailing RMC.

Edit: Forget that.

Top Bottom