• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi - L A Noire?

I just read a post over on the 1up.com forums saying Team Bondi, the people who left Sony to form their own company in Australia is working on a game called LA Noire. Does anybody know anything about this game? The guy kinda suggests it was mentioned at GDC earlier this month.

(not sure if I am allowed to link that page here so I won't. It's in the General Games Discussion area).

The name does sound like some sort of a crime thriller.

Can anyone confirm?

I thought they were working on a PS3 game with Sony?

edit:
Read an interview of some ex-getaway staff several years ago. He had moved to Australia and was supposedly working with Sony Japan on a PS3 game. Don't remember if it was CV&G or Eurogamer.

found the story

"Brendan McNamara, the Australian writer/director of multi-million selling London crime caper The Getaway, has returned home to set up a new Sydney-based development studio called Team Bondi and has started work on an all-new PlayStation 3 title.

The start-up team is headed up by McNamara, who has hired various members of Team Soho to work on an "original" title - details of which will be revealed shortly. The team is working exclusively on Sony hardware, unsurprisingly.

McNamara has spent the last six months setting up the studio and "doing technical research" for the game, which already has an exclusive publishing arrangement with Sony Computer Entertainment America. It's not known what the game's European status is currently, or why McNamara chose to partner with the US first, but we'd expect an announcement in the near future.

McNamara commented: "It’s nice to be home after so many years abroad and working on an exciting third generation PlayStation title. It’s made the transition so much easier having some of my friends from The Getaway team here with me and we are all looking forward to the massive challenge of the new title we are planning."

More information on the unnamed title is promised "soon".

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54316

can't find the interview

Kristan Reed: What's the manpower going to be on this project versus The Getaway?

Brendan McNamara: We haven't completed the technical design yet but it looks like it will require almost twice as many people.

Kristan Reed: How are you funding the project? Has SCEA given you an advance or is this self-funded and totally independent?

Brendan McNamara: The project is wholly funded by Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have a long-term exclusive arrangement with SCEA.

Kristan Reed: Why has the game been signed up by SCEA, and not SCEE? Given your connections with the latter, we'd have expected it to be signed up by them first...

Brendan McNamara: SCEA has always been big supporters of The Getaway and what we do in general. Right from the start of The Getaway it was on board. It's 14 hours to Los Angeles and 24 hours to London so we opted for LA.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54626

There was some talk of this at AGDC last year, should be interesting and if it is the title I am thinking of then it is having the cutscenes done by the same studio that did the recent transformer's game cutscenes.

Top Bottom