• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team lead by li-ion battery co-inventor developes promising new solid state battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lamp

I cannot imagine doing PhD level research at the age of 94. Sweet fuck. I would be balls-deep in retirement by then. What a legend, this guy is. I have major respect for my rival's engineering school (I'm an Aggie engineer). They do great work.

kyser73

Wake me up when they start manufacturing.

I have seen/read about 75 articles on lab/materials breakthroughs wrt battery technology over the last 3 or so years and none of it is actually being made.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Awesome, but how fucking depressing is it that the fucking guy that gave us the fucking battery that all our stuff uses is the same guy that gives us the potentially new thing when he is 94 fucking years old. We have all failed except this guy.

The fact they gave him credit doesn't mean he actually came up with it. He would get credit no matter what the team came up with because he's the Li-Ion Guy.

random25

I hope this becomes a market reality. We really need new battery tech with today's demand for powerful yet longer-lasting portable devices.

Log4Girlz

I'm glad Goodenough was in charge. I'm shocked that a 94 year old would be leading the way in ground-breaking battery tech. He must be drained. But it just goes to show that if you stay positive, and work hard, you can be productive your entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom