• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 8 — Jin Kazama Gameplay Trailer Revealed

anthony2690

Gold Member
Looks like it's a new trailer every Tuesday! Can't wait to see my girls, Xiaoyu and Lidia. 😍😍

I wonder Lidia will return, can't wait to see Xiaoyu, I'd be disappointed if she didn't make it.

I'm pretty excited about Jun, I really liked her in Tekken 2.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Very SNK-like specials and victory poses with that particle wing thing of his and what not. All the fighting games have become so convoluted in systems and mechanics like it's all Street Fighter now, missing the good ol days of Tekken 3 where you could win with the basics if you could predict your opponent even without knowing everybody's full moveset. If a hit looked like it hit then it did, rather than having to figure out a ton of different priority and hit effect systems on top of that simple act of a moving limb hitting someone's face or not. I'll try it since some tactics and moves are still in.
rock-ng-special.gif
rock-ng-win2.gif

Last edited:

Elbereth

One-Winged Angel Jin hm?

Looks great!!

SF6, MK12 (possibly), and Tekken 8 this year!!?

Fighting Game Renaissance baby!!!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Still not next gen like the first trailer but looks way better than the last one. The background detail is very impressive and a big upgrade over the last Tekken.

Griffon

I wish Mishimas (and Jin) didn't have frame perfect inputs on electrics. It makes those characters unplayable on a pad at my level.

Last edited:
I wish Mishimas (and Jin) didn't have frame perfect inputs on electrics. It makes those characters unplayable on a pad at my level.
Not that hard. Just need to practice to get the timing right. Kazuya ewgf is easier than other Mishima so you can practice it with him first.

A.Romero

Very SNK-like specials and victory poses with that particle wing thing of his and what not. All the fighting games have become so convoluted in systems and mechanics like it's all Street Fighter now, missing the good ol days of Tekken 3 where you could win with the basics if you could predict your opponent even without knowing everybody's full moveset. If a hit looked like it hit then it did, rather than having to figure out a ton of different priority and hit effect systems on top of that simple act of a moving limb hitting someone's face or not. I'll try it since some tactics and moves are still in.
rock-ng-special.gif
rock-ng-win2.gif

I've been playing fighting games for 25 years, mostly casually but for a while I was involved in my local FGC and to me it seems fighting games have become much more accesible over time. However, it is true that a lot of the systems can be very deep.

The way Tekken was played casually back in the T2 or the TTG days can still work to have some fun but it won't work online. If you play with people you know and have the same knowledge of the game you won't see a difference from back then.

These games have lowered their entry barrier and increase their depth trying to please both casual and hardcore gamers. It took me a while to adjust but now I can play a wider variety of games and have fun without putting many hours to fully understand the mechanics. I got KOFXVI recently on sale and within a few minutes I was pulling combos easily. That wasn't possible back in the KOF 97 days, for example.

Kurimao

rock-ng-special.gif
rock-ng-win2.gif
What a ripoff and that means Rock Howard will not be showing as a guest character in the game anytime soon. Maybe Terry or Kyo then.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nah.
I've been playing fighting games for 25 years, mostly casually but for a while I was involved in my local FGC and to me it seems fighting games have become much more accesible over time. However, it is true that a lot of the systems can be very deep.

The way Tekken was played casually back in the T2 or the TTG days can still work to have some fun but it won't work online. If you play with people you know and have the same knowledge of the game you won't see a difference from back then.

These games have lowered their entry barrier and increase their depth trying to please both casual and hardcore gamers. It took me a while to adjust but now I can play a wider variety of games and have fun without putting many hours to fully understand the mechanics. I got KOFXVI recently on sale and within a few minutes I was pulling combos easily. That wasn't possible back in the KOF 97 days, for example.

Gp1

Some serious Rock Howard vibes. Just change this announcer.

I miss some time jump in Tekken like they did with 2-3.

Last edited:

Kadve

Gold Member
Having not followed Tekken 8. Does it look like the curse holds true and this is yet another bad one so far?

Mephisto40

They seem to have converted special moves into punches with a booming sound effect

Not sure what to think, compared to the new street fighter this looks incredibly weak

Last edited:
I am jealous of you time travelers. Here I am still waiting on Season 2 of KoF XV to release Kim Kaphwan and there you are playing the next installment.

Having not followed Tekken 8. Does it look like the curse holds true and this is yet another bad one so far?
Tekken 2 was light years ahead of the first, Tekken 4 had the most interesting changes to movement in the series, and Tekken 6 perfected the general formula with the exception of rebound after wall splat. You would be lucky to have this installment turn out so well.

P.S. This trailer really highlights how dumb a running attack looks starting at point blank range and how half-baked the gameplay design is. Also, I think most people are tired of "get ready for the next battle" line and just want to duke it out. Hopefully, that line is replaced with fast loading times.

Last edited:

A.Romero

I am jealous of you time travelers. Here I am still waiting on Season 2 of KoF XV to release Kim Kaphwan and there you are playing the next installment.

Tekken 2 was light years ahead of the first, Tekken 4 had the most interesting changes to movement in the series, and Tekken 6 perfected the general formula with the exception of rebound after wall splat. You would be lucky to have this installment turn out so well.

P.S. This trailer really highlights how dumb a running attack looks starting at point blank range and how half-baked the gameplay design is. Also, I think most people are tired of "get ready for the next battle" line and just want to duke it out. Hopefully, that line is replaced with fast loading times.

Lol, after reading so much about FFXVI. You are right, KoFXV*

I wonder if Tekken is coming this year?
I wish, but I doubt it especially with SF6 coming in June 2023 and possibly MK12 which is supposedly coming this year which I highly doubts. I think Tekken 8 will release in late Summer 2024 or more realistically Fall to Winter 2024.

Raonak

Banned
Looks good! Very visually active. Definite graphical leap from T7, which looked quite outdated by the time it left arcades.

Like how Jin is finally integrating his devil powers into his main moveset.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Gold Member
Not feeling it, series needs a serious shakeup. They've been playing safe since T4.
*5, 4 was the last experimental one, Tekken 5 was when they went hard on going back to being Arcade style and have stuck with it since only swapping out single mechanics between games.

Also Tekken Tag 2 was brilliant and nobody bought it, each time Tekken tries to do something different it bombs, we only have ourselves to blame.

Puscifer

Man I’m kinda let down by the visuals after the first trailer - I almost feel like SF6 looks better now?
From my understanding Namco said these trailers don't have all the effects yet so I'm willing to cut them some slack but that initial trailer really set a high bar they aren't meeting

Top Bottom